Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:43:37 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  [Commoner Trial ~ COMPLETE] Penny Freckletip
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Commoner Trial ~ COMPLETE] Penny Freckletip  (Read 2733 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:24:44 am »

Greetings Miss Freckletip,

It's grand ter see Covian townsfolk such as yer makin' a name fer yerself and I know a certain noble is takin' a keen interest in yer progress.

It appears it is time fer ye ter be set yer Commoner's trial as ye bid to earn full citizenship and receive yer Citizen Papers.

Good luck Miss.

Here are yer trials:

This weekend is a festive time fer many Avatarians. I can't just remember what we're supposed to be celebratin', summat ter do with eggs I think... I should have paid more heed in scripture class.

Miss Freckletip, I am charging ye with the task of hosting a cultural event for all Covians to celebrate this coming weekend's festivities.

*signed on behalf of the Baronship Council*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:19:35 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Freckletip
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 06:36:31 pm »

Persons in attendance:
Raiden Morana, Commander
Hoagie Grayner, Sergeant
Kado Gael, Mercenary
Leander le Blanc, Arcanist
Reno Montresor, Recruit
Abigail Keres, Recruit
Aslin, Recruit

Axiana Masteen, Burgher
Maibaum Holzfee, Commoner
Alfred Windal, Commoner
Penny Freckletip, Commoner

And numerous visitors throughout the event.

Fine meats, cheeses and eggs, pies and tarts, wine and Covian ciders were laid out on picnic tables in the town centre, and bards played cheery tunes as we caught up with friends and ate our fill this Saturday to celebrate the season.

The traditional egg-hunt began an hour into the gathering. I explained that there were to be two prizes: one for whomever returned with the greatest number of eggs, and another for whomever retrieved the greatest number of dyed eggs.

And then they were off! I'm afraid I've lost my sketches of the hunters racing throughout the town proper and 'round the barracks to find the eggs-- of which there were some 200 that Maibaum and myself had set out. But it did make those of us who waited laugh to see them bicker and trip over each other as they rushed...

After twenty minutes, Mr Gael had gathered the most eggs; Mr le Blanc, Mr Montresor, and Mr Windal had gathered two dyed eggs each, and so were at a tie: one such as could only be resolved in a dance-off.

As the bards began to play anew, we gathered in a circle and, after a bit of teasing and encouragement, the contestants began one-by-one to show-off their moves... to varying effect.

Given that Mr Montresor and Mr le Blanc had made such grand sport of the whole day, and entertained us all so well, I promised that I would find prizes for them both.

Most of the revellers left shortly after, which was perhaps why a rather talkative orc found the nerve to come into the square and attempt to speak with some of the ladies who remained.

Mr Gael was able to lure it away for a short time with the eggs... but it returned while Miss Holzfee and I were clearing up, and was still in the square when we left.

It was, all-in-all, great fun for me, and I hope just as enjoyable for those who came.

With regards,

*signed in careful, curly lettering*

P. Freckletip
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:44:49 pm »

I was delighted that I could attend and be a part of this event.

Penny Freckletip awarded 90 Shillings - Trial Completed

I should be delighted this coming Saturday to welcome you as a full citizen of Cove and to give you your papers of citizenship.  (as long as Mr Morana is happy for me to do so).

Mai Holzfee awarded 60 Shillings for aiding you in setting up and supporting the event.
Alfred Windal awarded 40 Shillings for attending and taking part.

*signed*
Axiana Takeamada, Burgher of Cove
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:02:44 am by Axiana » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:19:54 pm »

Fine work indeed Miss Freckletip.

I have nay objections towards you receiving your papers at the soonest opportunity.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length