Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:02:26 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  [Burgher's Trial] Ileana Leontine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Burgher's Trial] Ileana Leontine  (Read 4295 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: August 13, 2007, 05:34:21 am »

Burgher's Trial: Ileana Leontine
Covianum Vir Biographiae

(Covian Legends Biographies)

It was a very late night. Candle light drawn shadows flickering on the walls of the Barracks reading room. Holding a bottle of ale, Qom was sitting in a chair, surrounded by piles of old, worn papers. He has just finished reading another one of them - taken from the shelf holding reports marked as "Archived".
 - So many brave men... So many adventures... - Qom was speaking slowly to himself.
 - I had no idea they existed! They are... legends! Yes, the legends of Cove!
Excited, Qom returned to reading...

The task: Write detailed biographies of the following legends of Cove:
 - Ryan Greystone
 - Ahmed Al Maktoum
 - Vince Valentine

To fulfill this task, you shouldn't rely only on the reports found in The Tome, but you should ask people about their memories of the above men - you could even ask the Baron, for he knew each of these quality armsmen!

After writing them up, host a special ceremony in the newly-founded Covian Library, announcing opening of new section: The Legends Of Cove, which will contain the above biographies, along with the ones which will be completed in the future.
Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:26:31 am »

A figure appeared at the top of the library stairs, cursing loudly from behind a large stack of papers that threatened to topple over and take the elderly woman carrying with them. Managing to navigate to a nearby desk, Ileana slammed the heavy pile of papers down on the surface. Sighing, she pulled out the nearest chair and examined the paper on the top of the pile.

First Arms-Master Tournament, Ileana read, Entrant Ryan Greystone, Recruit, lost first round to Cassius Livius. It's a start, thought Ileana bemusedly. Moving the paper off to reveal the results of the next competition she saw that Greystone had been promoted to Junior Guardsmen. He's been promoted quickly, but clearly not with any greater success in the arena...

Moving through the next dozen tournament results was of little use earlier; though Ryan Greystone appeared several other times, Vince Valentine appeared only a handful and was never that successful. Ahmed appeared only once, having written a report where the results and details of the competition had been lost. If this is the normal record-keeping standard in Cove, Ileana thought, then it's a good thing that I opened this library.

Leaning back in the chair, Ileana sighed deeply. None of them have won any arena challenges, and those seem to be the only records that are even remotely intact or coherent. It looks like I will be talking to others sooner than I had anticipated. Ileana reached for a nearby drawer and pulled out a piece of parchment and quill. So who will I need to talk to?...
Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:51:36 pm »

With my return to Cove I'd like to ask that I be permitted to return to this task. While the library has seen... better days, there are other ways to preserve the memories of great men.
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:13:25 pm »

(The task is re-pinned to the top for the attention of Ileana Leontine )

[OOC:- Welcome back]
Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:03:23 am »

[OOC: Thanks  Grin Great to be back. Cheers to both Hoagie and Kelly (latter report later!) for obliging my questions and sub-standard interviewing style (I really should devise the questions before hand...)]

Ileana sat at the desk, piles of books on her left and an open notepad on her right. With a look of intense concentration she stared at the record she had made of the previous evening's conversation with Hoagie. The dwindling candle light strained her already failing eyesight, as little as she liked to admit the latter fact to herself. Sighing and raising from the desk she walked over to the cupboard to pull out another candle. With the warm flame renewed, she sat down to continue the task at hand.

Overall, Hoagie had provided a great deal of information on Vince Valentine, albeit with a little encouragement. She now knew more of Vince's apparently indubitable cheerfulness, willingness to make light of otherwise poor situations, and the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his death. And, perhaps less seriously, Valentine's great fondness for sitting down. Ileana chewed on the end of the quill as she scribbled down hurriedly a note to request a foreword for the book from Hoagie. Perhaps that is the best option, for those who actually knew him to give their verdict. I should be just the recorder, not a judge.

Ileana finished her review and closed the notebook, putting it to one side. She already had plenty of information on Vince Valentine, but she knew it would be necessary to talk to Mrs Sanderson and Mister Morana at the earliest convienience. Scribbling the note and attaching it to her pigeon, she opened the window and let the bird fly.

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 12:05:58 pm »

Ileana Leontine awarded 70 Shillings

Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 06:27:49 pm »

[OOC: Ohoh! Wasn't expecting shillings for this. But thanks! Also, apologies to Kelly for how long this has taken to put up. Real life can be a pain sometimes.]

Ileana slung her bag of herbs onto the desk, followed shortly by two notebooks. Her conversation with Kelly  had been a while ago now, but events had conspired to keep her away from her task. Ileana removed the face mask and other healers' gear she was wearing and chucked them into a nearby iron chest. She had been tending to the sick for the last week; thankfully she was not ill, but as it invariably does being near the suffering had worn down her spirit.

Now that she looked back on it, she saw even in her wearied state that the conversation had been very useful. She probably had enough to write a sufficiently detailed biography on Mister Valentine; information for Mister Greystone was coming along, although Mister Maktoum was as elusive as when she had began - glancing over her notes, all she had for the latter was that he was bald. Leaning back in her chair she chewed the end of her quill thoughtfully. Who do I need to speak to next? Misters Morana and Tiberius, I think...
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:27:05 pm »

Ileana Leontine awarded 50 more shillings

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length