Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:13:56 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Apprentice Task] Joaquin Quincil
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Apprentice Task] Joaquin Quincil  (Read 1521 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2018, 03:28:31 pm »

"Ah, my newest apprentice. Let's hope ye're better than my last one! I guess we should just add him to the rank of a Junior Arcanist, right boss? Wha'? We can't? Who cares wha' the others say? Fine... We'll do it the official way then..."

So Joaquin! I heard you have a big mouth. And some cheeky character. And you're generally unpleasant. Those are actually the best requirements an Arcanist can have! I will have you know, that I have good faith in you and I am sure you will deserve the Arcanist arms in no time! Don't let me down!

Task One - A spiritual journey

Spirituality is not only for the priests and squires. While their form of Spirituality differs greatly from ours, we do have some places that could be best described as spiritual. One of these places in the city called Wind. It is protected by a strong force field that prevents anyone from entering it that is not trained in the art of magic, a true refuge for the likes of us.

• Wander the city of Wind, study its secrets and learn to understand why sanctuaries like this are so important for us
          • Defend it against the never ending spawn of evil. I want you to kill at least 7 liches and 3 demons
          • You may do this alone, but seeing as your fellow recruit Hope Tyrell has a similar task set, I suggest you take the lass along. Both need to write their reports individually though!
          • Write a report below

Task Two - Show good faith

I heard through the grapevine that your first meeting with the men of the church were quite unpleasant. While I agree with you that their stance on us is completely unjust and generally gruesome, I want you to become a staple member of the 6th Arcane Company. And for that, you need to stay away from the pyre as far as possible.

• Lead a hunt to Deceit on Dagger Island
          • Collect at least 10.000 gold coins by slaying the Undead inside and donate it to a member of the church in the name of the Arcanist squad
          • At least two other guardsman must accompany you
          • Write a report below

Ilyana Drachen, Senior Arcanist[/list][/list][/list][/list]
          « Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:02:28 am by Leanne Melior » Logged

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
          Joaquin Quincil
          Guest Of Cove

View Profile
          « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:07:00 pm »

The young lass Hope an' me took a stroll around wind earlier this evening. Her brother told me that she aint been herself much since her being abducted but the chance to cast a few spells soon had her spirits up. We made our way through the tunnels to the marbled city. I aint been there before probably kept out on account of my past behaviours but nay one said a thing to me. Well except tha' one bloke in the library telling me to shush. Nearly put a bolt up his arse for that but figured I best not get the lass into trouble.
          We had a good look round and found plenty of places to study, eat and sleep in and a curious looking house with a pentagram in it, didn't look too cosy but could be interesting.
          Another odd thing were the bank had been changed into some kind of mess hall. Tables and chairs everywhere with plates of food on them. Was wondering where all the people could be and found most of them lurking about a room with reagents and as the lass found a bat wing.

After exploring the town as much as we could we set about on our other task to defend it. The tunnels seemed to have a lich at every turn and in one corner was a pair of demons. We worked as a pair with one of us attacking and the other healing an' soon managed to fight our way around the place felling liches and stomping on them as they hit the ground. Once we'd racked up our needed death count we headed on back so I could join the next patrol.

Leanne Martin
          Hoagie's pet
          The Light Company
          Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
          « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 03:43:46 pm »

Not too shabby yet, recruit! Always keep Wind in mind as a potential place to find refuge, if ever needed.
          I am looking forward for your second task to be done.

Ilyana Drachen, Senior Arcanist

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
          Pages: [1] Print 
          « previous next »
          Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length