Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:15:14 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  I miss you all, and an RP dedicated UO freeshard exists...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: I miss you all, and an RP dedicated UO freeshard exists...  (Read 25813 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 04:04:44 am »

I already installed Vent and Skype. I'm not installing a third one just because people are picky about their VoIP. >_>

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Kado Gael
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

Mad man, Kado Gael

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 06:51:53 am »

Stick to the point people!

Who's in and where do we meet?

Ba-dum-tss

Hoagie (10:16 PM) :
You make me want to cry...
Kado Gael (10:16 PM) :
*Huggels*
Hoagie (10:17 PM) :
*Gets naked*
HMM HMM!
Kado Gael (10:17 PM) :
*Runs off without paying him*
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 02:52:10 pm »

I'm in fer fark's sake!

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 08:29:12 pm »

I'm in too.

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Alfred Bohr
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:18 pm »

I'd like to join in if possible, but that would depend on how welcome I am and if it's in the middle of exams.

Ily, what GW2 server do you play on, if I may ask?

Also, Hoagie's birthday's coming around again soon, so I'm sure he'd be delighted for s'more naked pics, Jassi.

(...Nagging feeling that no one except Keres will remember who I am.)

*Signed neatly* Alfred Bohr, Guardsman Recruit
Morgar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 11:33:16 am »

Dear me...
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 04:16:58 pm »

I'd like to join in if possible, but that would depend on how welcome I am and if it's in the middle of exams.

Also, Hoagie's birthday's coming around again soon, so I'm sure he'd be delighted for s'more naked pics, Jassi.

I only did that in order to get promoted..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 06:59:43 pm »

How can you even insist that ANYONE would forget you? You're 'Fred, the undying, unbeatable, shiny and ubberly awesome hero of Cove!

And well... Freeshards... If anyone actually has a good one, I'd play. And Keres! Get your lazy arse up and install TS3! Otherwise s'hammerin!

And fer fecks sake am I such an arse today?

@'Fred
Server is Abbadon's Mouth

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 08:22:33 pm »

Lol Fred we ALL remember you even Octi knows of the great fred. As for TS3 I see no reason for him to install it since he has vent, no one wants to be like me and have TS3, vent, skype, mumble, and raidcall. I'm not kidding I have them all and it pisses me off.
Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 08:32:37 am »

UO Roleplay was suggested originally. I've been on their forums and have seen posts from R.Pete.G (guessing Arma) & Valiro and a guy named Joe Fern who was posting for GrD. Not sure how many active players it has but there is not that much player housing outside of "The Narrows" which is a player run town that you start out in. They list 1468 total players. 30 at once seemed a big deal in the forums.

Cove-UO Roleplay:

Skill Cap: 1000
Stat Cap: 225
Character Slots: 6

• There is a 2 account limit on UO Roleplay
• House decay is 14 days.
• Boat Decay is 14 days.
• Role-playing character names are required. If you character does not have an appropriate name their name will be change.

• 4 houses per account limit. In the town of Narrowhaven there is a limit of 1 house per player except for GM approved exceptions.
• Custom houses are allowed, however…
A. They may not use lava, ice, or other weird tiles
B. If they are ugly they will be removed
C. They must look like a real building
No Trammel

Last year I played on UO Secondage for awhile. It is based on T2A and is Very active. There also is no Tram, no custom housing, no stat on armor or weapons. but it is very crowded and there is little or no housing aviable around Cove, checked today but forgot to grab a screenie, skill gain is slow, bunnies are a challenge.

Since inception, the goal, vision and rationale of even creating this accurate T2A era shard has been very simple but unique:

"We aim to replicate the T2A era as best we can and within technical limitations as a whole.
We do not intend to ever change any aspect of normal game play to particularly favor any play style or to protect or further expose any players to the in-game risk that was a large part of this era.
We will especially not pull aspects of other eras into this one, even with an overwhelming demand of players.
We believe that "proper" game play can only be achieved by taking the era as a whole and accept it for what it was. Tampering with the era in hope of achieving balance is not something that we will do, nor do we believe is achievable across all play styles. Diversity of players and play styles is a necessity of a healthy shard. Every type of play depends on another, and this is why UO is absolutely the greatest MMORPG ever crafted.

With that said, we do still continue to strive to become more correct and true to the era. Player feedback and research is a big part of this process. We don't claim to have everything perfect yet, but we do continue to actively work towards that goal.

We recommend client version 5.0.8.3, but all client versions above 5.0.0.0. are supported. If you do not have your UO installation CDs, you can download a modern client from the downloads section, here. We have a guide on the forum, here, to assist you with downloading, installing, and connecting to Second Age.
"

Thats the only two freeshards I have checked out.
Kado Gael
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

Mad man, Kado Gael

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:37 am »

Highest achieved online members 30: spread over UO lands isn't that much.

I'd rather play in a crowded shard where everything is balanced anyway! So no trammel is no issue

Hoagie (10:16 PM) :
You make me want to cry...
Kado Gael (10:16 PM) :
*Huggels*
*Gets naked*
HMM HMM!
Kado Gael (10:17 PM) :
*Runs off without paying him*
Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 11:44:42 am »

Neither uoroleplay or uosecondage have tram and I agree it is not a big deal, you quickly learn to only carry what you need, etc..

The numbers aren't impressive for uoroleplay, but it might be more attractive to Covians and other guilds knowing that the land is so open to reestablish cities/guilds.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2013, 09:25:11 pm »

I think SecondAge looks good. I've played there before for a bit and it's fairly populated.
As for houses, I'm sure we could find some location to put up a few houses. RP'ing somewhere out of Cove isn't a big deal to me.

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2013, 10:56:00 pm »

If anybody wants to get in touch with me, my skype is "runarthors". I'd love to check out some free-shards.

Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »

Let me know if somethings going down with a reestablishment of cove somewhere or something of the sort I'd check it out but I think my gaming is gonna start to be severely limited.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length