Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:33:42 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  The Green Goblin takeover.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Green Goblin takeover.  (Read 6117 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:27:50 pm »

*Copy of a letter*

Greetings my liege.

Today, Sunday, day known as the most splendid in Covian history was one which I will remember with little joy my lord. The reasons are two fold.. Firstly I thought that it would be best if my tax men quietly taxed the citizens whom attend such places downstairs, to be sure I got the ones which usually escape my nets, so to speak my liege. However this was all not to be as intended, the Commander of Cove made quite a show of threatning myself in public, as I am a man merely performing my tasks I thought I just note down what was said rather then go on about it. As we are both aware, my liege, the commander is a busy man. However I find it is no excuse for him to disrespect your own household so publicily. I am merely metioning it to you as I am sure the respect and dignity of your own servants are of an importance to you.

However more shockingly, after the taxation was done, including Malibaum and Penny finally, 1800 coins accounted for, the man known as Edward Striker, responsible for keeping the tavern open threatened me publicily due to the "Arseness of the taxes" Quoted directly from his own mouth. I felt it wasn't my place to punish him there and then as I did with Spud Goodsoup some months earlier. Mostly due to my own protection as I have been attacked previously by people whom are... unhappy with the taxes.

I am merely informing you my baron as I am positive you yourself are currently busy with more important bits then the pennies of Cove. However the man known as Edward Striker had the notion of keeping the tavern closed untill he could meet with you...

I am unsure to your response on this matter my liege, but as I am merely a man of the houshold I took these news to your own ears, to hear what you would ask of me to do in reply. I am unhappy with the notion that the tavern will be kept shut till such date. If you wish it I could have some of my men discourage him otherwise with talks, but I thought I leave the decision to you, my lord.

I hope this letter recieves you as always in good health, my lord.

Yours faithfully in service.

Kiran of the Baronial household, Bailiff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dear brothers, it seem Edward Striker has turned against us in a most horrid stance, declaring the Goblin closed due to the heavy taxations upon him... I want him taught a horrid lesson... I trust that twenty shillings and further if a good report of his humiliating is enough to tempt even the less greedy of you...?

Good luck brothers.

Kiran.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:44:55 am »

Boss,

It seems my 'official' source of income has dried up.  I propose we set up an open air tavern either in the market just outside the gates of Cove, or in the market square inside Cove.  Should the weather turn foul perhaps we could turn the interior rooms of the stockade into a tavern?  If you could persuade Jierdan to send a caravan of ales, wines and spirits to us, I'm confidant we can turn this tavern closure to our advantage.  As soon as we have the drinks, I can get to work. 

Mask
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:50:00 am »

Boss,

I scouted out some locations.  Memorial Square seems most suitable, just outside the gates. 

Mask
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:43:26 am »

Kas and Kadere are to of course pick up ten shillings each for the partcipatation in the Parade, most brave of you brothers, most brave indeed.

Your suggestion is noted Kalam, however I am unsure exactly what you hope to gain from this venture? Might be my age dulled my wits to be sure... I am sure Jierdan can provide ales and such if required, but it costs and I do wish to know where exactly you are going with it as such.

Kiran.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:55:29 am »

Boss,

I would have thought the gains would be obvious.  With the tavern closed, we will have disgruntled guardsmen and citizens wandering the shire forlornly in search of ale.  I would point out that if these dedicated drinkers decide that you, not Striker, are to blame for this dearth of drinking establishments, the elves may be the least of your worries.  A few seats and tables and a supply of ales and spirits will hopefully gain us some coin.  There's no need for a large investment, a small order will do to start with.  Some cheap ales, wines and spirits will keep the masses happy.  It's not like there is any competition. 

Mask
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 03:57:34 am »

Good thinking brother. I trust I can leave you in charge of contacting Jierdan, he is still to be found in the Swaggers I am sure. be sure to pay our older brother of course.

I shall await the order and have shillings ready for you when you require it. When we have the drinks in a safe storage we shall think of next step... Posters and such. Best if we move swiftly however... who knows what can occur in a week.

Kiran.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 09:06:43 pm »

Seems our plans for a open tavern is unnessecary so to speak, the Baron having spoke to master Striker leaves us with little to do... however I was quick to speak to the Baron as such, and afterwards make it so it was my idea to forgive Edward for his... transgressions. However the Baron spoke in riddles of new suporters of the Queen, Dawn... Seems the Baron has been getting letters and notes from commanders and citizens alike with the new struggles in cove.. We best keep our ears to the ground, brothers.

A friendship mended... we will of course have our revenge for the trouble he has caused us, but now is not the time, brothers...

This of course means now that Edward Striker is exempted fro mtax till I or the Baron changes the decree... focus on the others.

Kiran.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:42:36 pm »

*Hastily scribbled note*

Boss,

With quick-witted adroitness of mind, I hastily changed my open air tavern night to one taking place inside the tavern.  There are a couple of other interesting matters which I'll make clear in a full report tomorrow.

Mask
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 09:11:46 am »

Boss,

As mentioned in my previous missive, I've organised a proper tavern night instead of the open air one. This night will officially be to honour the Baron and to celebrate the Goblin's re-opening.  I will be unable to gather much information but if one of our brothers could attend and keep his ears open, it might prove worthwhile.

When speaking with Edward Striker to ensure my tavern night was acceptable, he stated afterwards that he may have a new job for me.  I'll try and keep on his good side until I learn more.  This may lead to a certain public coldness towards your own good self and some of our brothers.  Railen also paid me a bonus for my hard work.  It seems that my name is still good as far as the Goblin staff is concerned.  Or perhaps they seek to turn me or put me off guard.  Of course, they may just think I'm an honest, hardworker.

Mask

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 01:36:56 am »

Good work, brother, we do need to keep a ace in the hole, as I understand it, you been made into a entertainment officer... most satisfying. And I suppose is best if we keep your involvement with me to a minimum yes... not to say I won't use your talents if the needs strike to be certain...

I shall have fifteen shillings ready for you my dear.

Kiran.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 01:55:44 am »

Well From the Goblin Owner his-self!! Kal will stay on as a Doorman/bouncer, Mizuho is promoted to head chef, Railen to General Manager, And Kalam to Head Entertainer, a managers position for all. I have heard mention of Kalam in our circles; Congratulations are in order, though I know ye not. On another note Striker is offering mad benefits! Paid personal taxes for all employees (ears, and Tax for infact living) Five Paid sick days a year and 10 Paid Vacation days for each year worked.. . . When I mentioned that was alot of people tax to pay he just stated "I have deep pockets" Must be deeper than the infernal Abyss! Plus hes working a uniform and weapons deal through the commander for his staff with hopes of making his own "private" security firm. . . .  Must be coins piled high someplace.

*Signed*

MJK

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 06:09:31 am »

Aye, this confirms earlier reports of this individual carrying a large ammount of coinage on his person, however he is currently exempted... ten shillings await you however my brother..

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length