Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:15:40 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  [PR] Recruitment Problems and Solutions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [PR] Recruitment Problems and Solutions  (Read 1144 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »

As you've no doubt noticed, EA has, in their infinite wisdom, decided that new characters and players don't need to be funneled through a single city anymore. They've reinstated the mechanism allowing a new character to choose which city they spawn in. This means that a new player might show up in Britain, Yew, Minoc, Moonglow, Trinsic, or wherever, and more often than not find the city devoid of other players.

Personally, I think its the most idiotic thing I've ever seen EA do.

That said, it presents us with a serious problem. We can no longer recruit effectively. Before, we could catch pretty much every new character created each day with either a banner or an actual Covian sitting in New Haven. Now, we'd have to have immense manpower and time to achieve such.

What we need to do to offset this and keep up our momentum is redouble our efforts to place banners in every town that new players can spawn in, and at every moongate. We need to branch out and periodically place banners on other shards. We need to -make sure new players and old players alike see us and know we exist-.

This isn't just about helping BoC get through, this is also about making sure new players stay in UO, instead of just logging in for the first time and assuming every town is as deserted as Minoc or Moonglow.

Cheers,
Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:50:51 pm »

Where are the spawn points in towns?

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 11:35:45 pm »

If its anything like it used to be, they'll be at the taverns or banks.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length