Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:32:26 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  The Front Lines
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Front Lines  (Read 2886 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:44:03 am »

Brothers, it has come to my attention that there is some unrest brewing in the province of Altmere - in both the Covian and Yewish occupied zones. Posters are beginning to appear nailed up in public places throughout the land, even, brazenly enough, in Cove itself. The poster reads as follows;

Brothers, Sisters, Comrades, open your eyes and lend me your ears! For too long have the honest commonfolk of Altmere been subject to the schemes and machinations of far-off Lords, and prey to the cruel blades of foreign oppressors. For too long has the product of the people's labor been consumed by the self-proclaimed "Upper Class", while the laborers themselves are condemned to hunger and poverty! For too long has our sacred homeland been the plaything and prize of those who would call themselves her master!

Altmere is ruled from afar by an absentee King, 'protected' by a foreign militia that is neither able to march in its defense nor cares to be, and governed by a council of puppets. The people of Altmere are left to fend for themselves against the horrors of the wilderness, while the puppets and their master grow fat on the product of the land. Is this the Freedom that Altmerian blood has been spilt for time and again?

Therefore I call upon every honorable and virtuous man and woman, old or young, native or foreign, to RISE UP! Join us, and together we will forge a new Altmere, free of poverty and squalor and slavery, where the product of the land is used for the benefit of all its people. Join us, and FIGHT for Liberty! Fight, that your ancestors will not have died in vain, and that your children might some day know peace and prosperity.

Take up the bloodied banner; the farmer's pitchfork shall become a mighty spear. Take up the forgotten cause; the smithy's hammer shall become a thundering mace. Take up the cry of battle; the forester's axe shall fell the strongest foe. Rise up, our victory is at hand!

This may be a perfect opportunity to turn a profit. Seek out those who are distributing these pamphlets, find out who they are, what they intend to do, and, if you can, what they are in need of. Perhaps we shall consider supplying it.

The only thing I've learned of the distributor is that they were rather rough looking and wore a raggedy, red headband.

There will, of course, be a reward for useful information. How large that reward is...well, that depends on just how useful that information is.

- Swift
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:49:15 am by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:20:12 pm »

The information is most valuable, brother.

I want to know what is going on out there, my dear family... find these books, find who gives them out, there is always profit in rebelions, as many of you know from the Minoc inquisition we did oh so many years back... I am sure you remember it quite fondly Kas, or you Olchafa... even you Sabal hm?

Lets make sure we are in the loop on this one shall we?

Kiran.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 04:46:58 am »

I spoke to some men whom claimed they were from Altmere, apart from being drunk they did seem like your usual farmer lot, highly protective of the lands they live on, however I did not see much leadership in the two I met, I can only presume the brain behind the operation is someone different, we still need to look some more, brothers.

Kiran.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:38:26 pm »

Fifteen shillings awarded to Geralt Swift concerning his information on the Altmerians

Kiran

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:46:32 pm »

It seems there have been some attacks in the Altmere and the Household. Find out who is responsible and if these incidents are related. We may yet be able to exploit this.

- Swift

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length