Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:36:03 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Planning a huge series of events, help needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: So what do you think of this idea?
Its great i love it!   -12 (85.7%)
Its ok   -1 (7.1%)
Far too big an idea to pull off   -1 (7.1%)
It sucks what were you thinking?   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Planning a huge series of events, help needed  (Read 6194 times)
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2009, 03:06:35 pm »

ok so I've been back a little while now and my mind has churned over a few ideas for events and such and i think i have come up with a good one but its big ...... huge in fact involving every aspect of the milita and cevilians so im gonna need help to pull this off.

The idea is this - cove restock ready for war, we start with a bit of rp for command meeting to discuss supply levels etc in readiness for potential problems with vesper etc and make a list of all the commonly used supplies for everyone, smoke bombs, poison etc, for scout, conflag for grenadiers, reagents for arcane, bolts and arrows for archers, and then some for everyone such as bandages. then when we have out list we figure out what is needed to make all these including some allowance for faliors on things that may still fail at gm skill.

so we now take our list of resources and break it down in to gathering events, for example we want 10,000 of each ore for armour production(number is open to change just a resonably high one to keep it rolling) so we need to go mining, but lets have fun too so these must be mined with gargoyle pick axes. barbed leather for leather armour, malas nightmares, horned leather, ilsh drakes with harpies for feathers too, gathering cotten and wool in the most dangourus places we can find for bandiges, lumberjacking for wood for shafts and potion kegs in places like humility, this all needs the details working out which is where i need help from folk in each of the devisions to say what is needed for that devision and what is a good number.

so second thing after the comand rp to establish all these numbers is reagents, going to be needed not jsust by arcane but to make potions too so we have a scout mission to fell to find the cheap faction vendors and establish prices. now all of the rest of the hunts go into play run by whoever wants to untill each supplie min requerment is met and the money from these hunts goes into a pot to get the regs, may need a few standard hunts at the end to top up but hopefully the gathering missions will cover it at which point the scouts go back to fell and buy the regs then in tram transfer from bank to baracks and some more work and rp with civvies to get the requiered things made.

but i dont want to single out the scouts here, i would like this to be very much a "everyone helping each other" thing to pull the guild together so scouts are fetching regs for arcane, grenadiers could lead the nightmare hunting to get leather for scout armour and so on.

I really feel this is a great idea but it is very big i will need help organising it and a lot of the events i would like to be run by different people to give everyone a chance, some can be used for junior quests etc but at the moment its just bones, please folks help me put some substance to this and maybe if it works well it could be something we do every 3 months or something? would provied a hugh amount of resources and events and rp for the entire guild which can only be a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:36:00 pm by Aliryl » Logged

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 03:13:29 pm »

and before anyone asks i know it would be easyer to just buy cloth or farm it etc the simple answer is this way is more fun, which would you rather have one long boaring time at a sheep pen or cotten field of 5 or six patrols to somewhere like east of old haven to take down the brigands, set up a camp for the night and sheer all the sheep there making a full report of it towards promotions etc?

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:01:28 pm »

Agree.

All the resources we get now are just from stores. We buy bandages from tailors in Britain or New Haven, buy kegs off stores or get our blue alchemist's to make them, get leather and metal(Most of the time) alone. All of these things could be done in an rp style which would really give the civilians and guards alike a lot more to do.

It's perfect, each aspect supports another and so forth which makes a good balance for our guild as a whole. This could be a great thing to do every 3 or 4 months, maybe once we run out of supplies. Or maybe set a goal for a year and just keep leading events to re-stock when we need. It'd add to a more realistic rp and I think some Command people should seriously consider this.

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Mori
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 06:04:39 pm »

I'm planing to bring some sort of navy/sea element for cove so if you need ships to transport, we could use Mori's ship to transport items. Just an idea. Also Mori is alchemist and have vendor in Cove for potions...
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 06:27:48 pm »

Id really like us to make everything oursleves only buying the raw materials we cant realisticly gather through hunts such as reagents but if we get the kegs and regs and such would you be willing to mix them up for us? or swap for premade ones then so we can rp that you made them rather than just buging premade potions?

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 06:29:52 pm »

as for the navy that would be great then we can include things like mining and lumberjacking around dangours islands to the list of options to get the resources up

Freckletip
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 07:12:12 pm »

It’s a great idea and I think you'd have a lot of enthusiastic support in terms of attendance— there've been similar schemes on the civilian task boards  (including this one, which Faden has recently suggested reviving and expanding with trade missions, etc.) which I think were successful at generating activity but for various reasons didn't have the driving force behind them to be very long-lived.

I'd certainly intended to continue organising these kinds of events and we’ve had great turnouts from civilians and soldiers alike at the last few we've had this summer. You're very right that it shouldn't fall to one or two people to get a beast like this up and running, though -- Command's hope is that more of our civies will be stepping up to organise events like these now that their promotion system has been changed to emphasize leadership.

It's been agreed that we could do with a new 'war effort' post like Edward's to keep track, which I'm happy to look after; if you have a peek in the civilian area, Faden's already made some very lovely progress bars which would helpfully mark how far we've got to meet target totals for each kind of resource. 

Also, just a reminder that the civilian task board can function as a kind of 'wanted ads' page-- anyone can post an order for crafted goods and services up there, and anyone can respond and, if they're civilians, get the shillings they need to rank. Among other things, this gives folks a shot to RP with other players they might not otherwise have bumped into. Smiley
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 11:19:33 pm »

We could make in a promotional requirement for guardsmen! That'd make them have to lead some kind of event to gather resources if they wanted to rank up.

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 05:33:40 am »

Ok so lets see what numbers we are looking at, we need a reasonable amount of each resource or it'll only be a token guesture we need to make this worth while so im thinking roughly

10,000 bandiges
10,000 blood moss
10,000 black pearl
10,000 sulfer
10,000 garlic
10,000 ginsin
10,000 mandrake root
10,000 night shade
10,000 spider silk
Do we need necro regs?
10 kegs of conflag
10 kegs of deadly poison
10,000 shadow iron
10,000 bronze
1,000 of each other metal for making non coloured weapons etc?
10,000 barbed leather
5,000 horned leather
5,000 spined leather
1,000 egg/smoke bombs
1,000 shuriken
1,000 darts
1,000 arrows
1,000 bolts

is there anything else that should be included? suggestions please Smiley

also i want to make this clear this is not for random rp with the resource vanishing into some ones private stash, i am willing to put aside lockdowns in my house for this lot whilst being gathered and anyone else who would offer the same is welcome but once crafting is complete i would like all gathered resources, crafted armours from the materials etc to go into the guild stores or apropriet devision for all to use. no one should have to pay for armour, potions, etc that are avalible from the stores

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 08:53:54 am »

Welcome back Althalus.

Command will help out any way we can, grab one of us on ICQ and we'll see what we can do to help. Wink

Raiden.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 05:50:48 pm »

I don't think we could get 10k of reagants though, that's likely the hardest one to get. Maybe 10k arrows though, because an archer has 500 at a time.

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 06:54:45 pm »

nah reagents are easy thats just a matter of money and a little time, scout mission to fell go around the faction vendors find the cheap one to get the prices then money from all the other missions take back to fell in the bank stand stealthed next to bank with bank box open buy all the regs then check price at the bottome, put that much in your pack and click accept so money is in your pack too short to be stolen then regs go into bank.

remebering there are 3 reg vendors each with 2 piles of each reg for sale restocking every 10 min ish and when they restock its double the amount of regs for sale so even if you have to build them up from the  bottom thats 20 per pile 2 piles 3 vendors so first round is 40 of each reg from each vendor or 120 of each for the round, 10 min later repeat to get 240 for the round of each reg giving you 360 of each, next round its 480 of each reg total of 840 ten min later its 960 total of 1800 of each reg maxes out at 999 per pile and just keep buying, its a little boaring maybe but gets us an amount in that is worth having and excuse for two rp trips to fell instead of hours beyond belife killing varius mage monsters for a few hundred of each reg after it all which might cover one mage's use for one battle

personally i did this a few years back before i went away from the game for a bit to buy the regs to train inscription from 0 to gm on one of my non boc chars so you can imagen how many i bought and didnt really take very long, the vendors are normally fairly well built up already cos people are constantly buying from them cos they are so cheap. i used althy to do the buying as he can stealth and spent the time waiting for them to restock training my poisoning. i recently niped to fell to check this was still aviable option and whilst there are now many groups of faction vendors instead of only one it seems that only one set has the cheap prices making for some nice rp going from town to town, checking prices etc,

yeah 10,000 each arrows and bolts is fine by me Smiley also any alchemists know what regs etc are requiered to make conflag and poison and how many for the level potions we need so we can add those to the list we need to buy so we can figure out how much gold we need to raise? how many wood we need to make the potion barrels etc? once we figure out the list of things to make we can slim it down to a list of what we actually need to gather

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 07:23:15 pm »

and before anyone asks i know it would be easyer to just buy cloth or farm it etc the simple answer is this way is more fun, which would you rather have one long boaring time at a sheep pen or cotten field of 5 or six patrols to somewhere like east of old haven to take down the brigands, set up a camp for the night and sheer all the sheep there making a full report of it towards promotions etc?

An easy solution to this would be to do a hunt which pays for a local supplier/covian member like a tailor or lumber jack (who purchased from an NPC or sat sheering sheep or chopping trees).

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »

You need Gravedust to make Conflag and poison is obviously nightshade, I think it takes about 3 to make normal and 4 to 5 to make greater.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 07:49:03 pm »

An easy solution to this would be to do a hunt which pays for a local supplier/covian member like a tailor or lumber jack (who purchased from an NPC or sat sheering sheep or chopping trees).

Are you suggesting leading hunts and using the money to pay a crafter to buy stuff from an NPC?

S' lame.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length