Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:49:18 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Planning a huge series of events, help needed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: So what do you think of this idea?
Its great i love it!   -12 (85.7%)
Its ok   -1 (7.1%)
Far too big an idea to pull off   -1 (7.1%)
It sucks what were you thinking?   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Planning a huge series of events, help needed  (Read 6184 times)
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 07:56:13 pm »

that would be an easy answer but as i say this isn't about easy, infact some case's the harder the better, its about creating events to gather the resources, rping the entier life cycle of the resource productin through to finished product in the covian supplie requerments, generaly filling out life in cove with a little more flesh and substance Smiley in general giving us all something to pull together on as a comunity. so with bandages for example we can all use a spinning wheel and loom but in rp terms that is a skill most folk wouldn't have so we can gather the wool or pick the cotten with many a *rools in the mud trying to keep the sheep still whilst shearing it* and "this reminds me of my batchalor party!" etc then rp with going to see a civvy to get the resource turned into bandages, haggaling over price for work done, generally everything, the full life of cove not just patrols and battles

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »

On other shards I have gotten well over 10K in Reagents for good prices, but as Railen is learning Herbalism from Trinsics Herbalist...I could also easilly wild pick supplies and donate them to Cove.

Also, I cant seem to pass sheep without shearing wool. (Finally, something I can do since Rai was training to be a fencer before she got preggo, and thus has no culinary, or other useful citizen skill! Alas pouring Ale does not get one points in the current structure *winks*)

I think this is a fantastic Idea, and Im willing to help with this in any way needed. WOOT I can be useful.

Me'an has also made the Goblin Storehouse, and we really dont need all that much there.

Might I suggest that we use some of the crafting area at the Memorial Square to store goods in "Guild Only" or Friends only containers. Then, if we get over 60K of something, crafters could not only supply Cove with necessary supplies needed by the Militia and such, but work their skills with the excess.  I would TOTALLY be willing to spend time spinning cloth and bandages from any collected wool piled up so that Tailors can build skill. (Im often awake late night for most of you, being 8 hours behind most of you)

I would also be willing to lead a few excursions to gather hides and such. I think it would be alot of fun. And Penny, if you want, Id be glad to help organize guild storage for this if theres room at the Memorial Square. Ive done this for several guilds and such over the years. I LURV the engraving kits!! hehe
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:51:51 pm by Railen Morana » Logged

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 11:59:49 pm »

That would be excellent if there are enough lockdowns at such an open area and apreciate the offer for goods but i really would like this chain of events to provide everything for itslef more is better Smiley

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 12:49:32 am »

right so heres what i have so far

10,000 blood moss
10,000 black pearl
10,000 sulfer
10,000 garlic
10,000 ginsin
10,000 mandrake root
10,000 night shade
10,000 spider silk
10,000 cloth (16667 wool ish)
10,000 bronze
10,000 shadow
1,000 each other metal
10,000 barbed
5,000 horned
5,000 spined
1,000 smoke/egg bombs (4998 ginsing 1666 garlic or 4998 flour 1666 eggs allowing for 66.6% fail rate of gm alchemist/cook)
1,000 shurikin (5,000 iron ingots)
1,000 darts (1,000 wood)
10,000 arrows (10,000 wood 10,000 feathers)
10,000 bolts (10,000 wood 10,000 feathers)
10 kegs greater Conflag (14000 grave dust allowing for aproximatly 40% fail rate of gm alchemist)
10 kegs greater poison (14400 nightshade allowing for aproximatly 80% fail rate of gm alchemist)
10 kegs greater explosion (13000 sulfer allowing for aproximatly 30% fail rate of gm alchemist)
30 kegs (690 logs 210 ingots 315 sand allowing for 5% fail on the sand from gm alchemist with glass glowing ability)
1000 bottles (1050 sand allowing for 5% fail rate of gm alchemist with glass blowing ability)

anyone want to modifie any of these numbers?

*amendment one*
added greater explosion and empty bottles
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 04:46:16 am by Althalus » Logged

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 02:14:30 am »

I'd just like to add quickly, we need empty bottle two eh? You gotta pour those kegs into something and they aren't re-usable for Explosion and Conflag, and also. We need Greater Explosion pots too. So that's one more variety of keg and another bulk resource, I don't know what you use to make empty bottles though.

--------------------------------------

Other than that, this is good. You've found out what we'll need to get. I guess you've talked to Command about it, have they agreed to integrate a system like this? I think this would be more a part of the guild's activities, then just a chain of events. Like I said, this should be a promotional requirement.

Can some more Commandies comment on this?

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 04:28:36 am »

greater explosions i'll add np the bottles are made with alchemy and a glass blowers book from the gargoyl city for the skill using sand as resource i belive just looking into how obtainable this is to see if that is better than buying them. how many bottles would you say would be a reasonable number for explosion and conflag perposes?

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 04:49:35 am »

as for the intergration i hope they do to but it would probably have to run through once first to see how it goes to see if its worth making it into requierments though of course i expect the reports will still count toward the report writing aspect of promotion as will leading any of the gathering events count towards any promotion aspect for leading patrols where the patrol type is not specified

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 06:57:05 am »

I can donate some of my vast property and resources, you know where to find me.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 08:55:40 am »

Command will help in any way possible here. Althalus and I have had a chat about the proposals, so hopefully things will get started soon.

Bottles can also be obtained via ettins in Despise. We can just make the recruits drink all the poison  and out of date nightsight to empty them. Wink

Let the grand Covian war effort begin. Look out for both military and civilian events, news and don't forget there are also resource based Guardsman Duties to be completed too once the list has been made public IC and storage has been arranged. Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 02:37:36 pm »

Well I am loving this idea and letting recruits drink poison sounds good too.

I am looking forward to seeing this kick off and I've offered images to Althalus which he can use to monitor the gathering process.

I can see the civilian side really picking up from this.

One thing I noticed missing from the gather list is Armour and Weapons, every war requires both of these and I remember the stocks were low on leather armour?

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 02:43:11 pm »

yep thats why we are getting 10,000 bronze, shadow and barbed primerily then assorted numbers of other raw materials. due to the preference for exeptional and so recycling and such i didn't want to put a specific number on the armour produced just gather the resources and make as much as possible from them was the general idea.

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 02:50:25 pm »

as it stands at the moment i am just waiting to see if there are any more edits to the list needed so i will give it a day or so to give people chance to post then if no further edits to be done i will be putting up the first post "Cove's Great War Effort" hopefully with some of Faden's amazing images (if you haven't seen them you really should take a look they fit in beautifully!) and getting this rolling, i like the idea of making the recruits drink the poison too but not sure about out of date nightsight they are bad enough for tripping over there own feet already what if it sends them blind? we will be surrounded by drooling dummies ............ nevermind Tongue

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 06:46:50 pm »

I didn't know we were doing it right now. I thought there'd be a more official post because I'm quite overwhelmed by it all right now. We're just going to start gathering things right now? It's only been a week or two of talking about the idea.

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2009, 07:13:56 pm »

well nothing else has been suggested so im going to get a little intrest up on the ic boards since it seems not many folk read the ooc ones for things like this they just use the babble thread what ever its name happens to be at the time. so no its not quiet just launching in to start gathering things, there will be in game ic meetings then i will set up some events like scout missions for gathering info on prices on things we may have to buy like regs but its no good just sitting here if no one has anything more to say i might as well get the ball rolling or everyone will forget about it and nothing will get done Smiley besides i hate just waiting Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length