Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:46:23 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Spick And Span
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spick And Span  (Read 4546 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:37:07 am »

Task.

The Baronship's buildings are looking a little grubby again. Let's have them spick and span eh!?

Clean up the Barracks, The Goblin and the Town Hall.

Mop, dust and polish where required to get the place looking swish again!

Clean the following areas:

Bar area of the tavern.
The guest rooms above the tavern.

The communal area for guardsmen in the barracks.
The bookshelves outside the Baron's office.
The meeting area of the Town Hall.

Conditions.

*More than one area may be cleaned by the same person but each area may only be cleaned once.
*This is an entirely role-play task.
*Create a report including pictures for each area cleaned.

The Reward.

Shillings will be awarded for quality and imagination of your report.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:16:19 pm by Axiana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Estel
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 07:06:25 pm »

Clean Tavern

Quietly Estel ate from the bowl of soup that Carlotta had offered her. Normally she enjoyed it greatly, but now that she had been around for a while she started to feel guilty. She was either given the soup for free, or it was bought for her by someone else. Around her everybody was working, while she was still doing nothing even though she was quite recovered from her ordeal with the orcs.

“You have finally had enough of my soup?” Carlotta leaned on the bar and offered her a smile. The smile was somewhat concerned, yet the tone in her voice was one that was trying to cheer up the elf.
“no no!” Estel called out. “I never get enuff from your soup. But…”
“But what?”
“I want to be good citizen and earn soup myself. If I clean tavern for you, is that good idea?”
Carlotta smiled again. “If you do that for me, then that is a fair deal.” She held out her hand to Estel who frowned in reply. “When people make a deal amongst eachother, they shake hands on it.” With a happy smile on her face Estel layed her hand in Carlotta’s.

A little later…

Much later...

After having carried many times the bucket back and forth to get clean water from the nearby pond, Estel sat on the ground against the wall of the tavern. Now she would feel better when eating soup, because she would earn it herself…

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:34 pm »

Excellent work and report!

60 Shillings Awarded - Estel Aralle

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Burgher.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Tara Wychnor
'All cats are grey in the night........'
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 10:18:44 pm »

After many hardships, perils and miles, these past weeks since arriving in Cove have seen me gain strength and confidence in my quest.

At Market I per chance overheard a conversation that the bookcases of the Baron himself needed cleaning!! A chance to pursue my quest for the truth could not be overlooked....no matter how dangerous....

My services were gratefully accepted and I set about the task at hand...

Books were scattered and discarded everwhere, maps spilling from the boxes on top of tables. The dust was thick and irritated my skin giving me an unsightly itchy rash, making me cough as it billowed off the books on the shelves. Many tomes and scrolls were in desperate need of repair.....I stacked and sorted and cleaned..ever vigilant of news of my beloved sister Merril...

Then...Eureka!! On a thin roll of parchment...a journal....the information I was looking for!! Hardly able to control my trembling fingers(due to excitement and fear I would be discovered), I skillfully removed the pages containing the proof I needed to secure my future.....and hid them in the folds of my skirt. My heart was beating wildly in my throat with fear I would be discovered by a passing guardsman.....

Quickly stacking the remaining books I finished the task, trying to breathe easily and calmly......needing to hurry back to my lodgings with my precious discovery. What would the parchment reveal.....Lord Avatar only knows
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 09:10:46 am »

A fine report indeed!

65 Shillings Awarded - Tara Wychnor

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Nobleman.

[ooc]Ooooh! Intriguing!  Shocked[/ooc]

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:59:25 pm »

The Town Hall still needs a bloody good clean!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 04:43:36 pm »

*Maccen arrived at the Covian docks without a coin to his name and a serious thirst for a good ale and a warm meal. He tread to Kobra's home expecting to find the man or one of those annoying kids..... He found the place empty and most of the furniture covered with sheets. The troughs and even the wine kegs where empty! Worse still there was no food to be had! Needing a bite and something to quench his thirst, Maccen concluded he'd have to do some honest work! He set off for Cove and soon found a task posted. *

"Cleaning is it? Borrrrrriiiing....... Arg, Suppose a mans got to eat? Who knows, maybe they have something good I can mooch."

*Maccen then proceeded to the Town Hall, And what a dusty place it was indeed. There where some prints in the dust but otherwise the place seemed abandoned!
He proceeded to give the place a good wipe down. Soon he could hardly stand all the dust and retreated upstairs to see what needed done.*

"Huh? Whats all this here? Looks like some sorta class room...."

*Maccen quickly inspected the place and decided to pluck a few arrows from the table and floor for his own quiver.*

"Arkay's Archer's eh? Ain't heard of them before! Must be some Militia, or mercs.... Seeing as they haven't touched the place they shouldn't be needing these!"

*He then went back to work dusting and putting things away. He gave the grime covered windows a good scrub. Satisfied he began sweeping, moving from top to bottom and swept his way down the stairs and out the doors.*

"Gee they'd best pay well for this boring grubby work! Maybe I should scrape the the crud off the bricks? Eh nah... they probably aren't paying well enough for that!"

*Maccen then headed off to find someone to pay him for his hard, time consumming work!*

*Signed*
Maccen Korten, Archer Extrodinaire! Commoner

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 08:19:18 pm »

Maccen Korten awarded 60 Shillings.

Pages: [1] Print