Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:49:49 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Winter's Drawing In
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Winter's Drawing In  (Read 3213 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:32:17 pm »

The two sentries shivered as they patrolled the city walls. A gust of chill sea breeze whistling around them.

"Bloody 'ell it's freezin'."
"Aye the winter's drawin' in."

The Task.

The Covian army require 30 10 fur capes for the winter stores.

Conditions.

~ No more than 10 capes may be crafted by the same person.
~ The army will pay 2 shillings or 25 gold per cape.
~ Extra shillings will be awarded for the creativity of your report.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:37:50 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:28:02 pm »

Well seeing as I only JUST finished with your woman work of suppling you with cloth I decided to take my extras and craft up some Capes! Spose it is gettin cold!

I had all the cloth I needed, but what to use for the liners? Not a fur coat if its got no furry goodness. When man needs warmth Pyros provides. ..  but it just is nay practical to set ones self on fire! So Lithos shall give of his bounty! And my bow shall give ye the fur for your damned capes ye cant get yerselves! Ye lazy gits!

I set out into the shire to hunt bear.  I'll have ye know its hard work finding bears in a place that ain't got nearly any. . .
After HOURS of hunting I had enough furs and walked over to Vesper. I commandeered their tailor and set to work cutting the furs into cape shaped liners and then stitched them all together. After dying the capes with my own blood finishing the capes I headed back to Cove.

Disclaimer: Fur capes may contain bits of chicken, rat, cat, dog, and other parts we won't mention. . .

*Signed*

Maccen Korten, Huntsman of Cove

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 12:37:59 pm »

Maccen Korten Awarded 25 Shillings.

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 05:02:57 pm »

[Delsa flies towards the Barracks at top speed, almost bashing straight into the walls of the Church! She ducks into the alley between the Church and the Tavern, sliding on the semi-frosted grass.

Miss Wineblotch skids to a stop just before the steps of the Barracks, completely out of breath with hands pressed onto her knees.

After collecting enough breath to shout, she yells,
'Ah go' th'Capes, ye sissies!'

Hearing no response, Delsa span on the spot, looking in all directions.
Seeing no one to take her bag of capes, Delsa trudged home to find Regular Scout Drachir, who would surely take the capes.]

Upon arrival after a tough fight against a wandering band of undead, my doorstep was littered with a bag of capes, a note, and this sketch.
As Delsa can't write very well, I have been requested to write this for her.

According to the note Delsa has left me, which took over an hour to decipher as her handwriting is so poor, she has moved back to Cove after being thrown out by her previous Landlord. Delsa is now living on the 1st floor of my abode, as I rarely spend a night at home.

Her first port of call was the Citizens Board, as she wanted to get to work right away. When seeing that the Covian soldiers required winter capes, she jumped to the task in minutes!
           Apparently, according to the note, Delsa had learnt many valuable tailoring lessons whilst living away from Cove, and the note exclaims that the Capes are the finest she's ever made!
I must say I have tried one of them on myself and it was as if I was sitting beside a warm fire!
           In the note, Delsa also apologizes for the lateness of the capes and she realises that Winter has already hit us hard. As a repayment for the lateness, Delsa has made the capes in two different types of cloth. A brown, thicker cloth for the main bulk of the army, and a greenish, lighter cloth for the Scouts.

Please ask me for the bag of capes, as they are currently in my possession.

*signed*
Drachir
Regular Scout of the Baron's Light Company

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 03:37:17 pm »

25 Shillings Awarded - Delsa Wineblotch

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length