Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:20:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  (Completed) Commoner Trial:- Edward Striker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: (Completed) Commoner Trial:- Edward Striker  (Read 2635 times)
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2008, 01:42:18 pm »

Commoner Trial:- Mr Edward Striker

Coming to terms with the Death of Mr Heath Blackrose and the circumstances of his death, has not been easy for those of us that knew him well.  The people of Cove deserve the opportunity of remembering or knowing the man that he was...  I need your employ, therefore, to carry out the following...

* Arrange a date and time with a member of the church to hold a service in remembrance of Mr Heath Blackrose, friend and fellow citizen of Cove!
      Post up when and where the event will be held.
    * Arrange for the church to be decorated appropriately for the occasion (i.e. flowers).
    * Ask those who knew him well, to say a little about him at the service, include your own speech (eulogy).
    * Organise where the after-service gathering will be held, and arrange for a spread of food and drink to be available there.
    * Be sure to report on your work below, so that I may check on your progress.

Axiana Masteen, Burgher of Cove
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:09:19 pm by Axiana » Logged

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:23:25 pm »

When:  23/08/08, 21:00 GMT

Commanding Officer:  Edward Striker, Commoner

Persons in attendance:  
-Father Siegfried, Templar Preceptor
-Edith, Cleric
-Axiana, Burgher
-Sunset Dubrey, Governor’s Aide
-Grenadier Captain Morana
-Officer Cadet Shadowhand
-Regular Grenadier Takeamada
-Sergeant Grayner
-Regular Scout Carnesir
-Recruit Guardsman Jane
-Recruit Guardsman Darkeyes
-Linaeus, Commoner
-Tiberus, Commoner (Support only)

Report:

It was time to put one of our own to rest!  Lady Axiana asked me to set up a memorial service for Mr. Heath Blackrose, a Commoner of Cove, who was brutally murdered and burn in his workshop.  I told her I would be honored to take the task for my friend.

I needed to make arrangements for the church and its usage, as Heath was a devote follower of the Avarian faith.  So I went to the church, but was unable to find anyone.  So Later that day I went to the archery event to enter and try my skills.  While there I saw a member of the church.  A friar, because of my own stupid fear, I failed to get the name of.  Their presence is intimidating!  He took me to the church and asked me questions of Heath.  Was a bit flustered when I mentioned he was dwarven.  He wanted to know what he did, was he faithful, and was he known in the town.  I answered all the questions put to me.  He then said that a service would be held and gave me a date and time.  He informed me that members of the church would be there to help with the service and that décor for the service was to be neat and orderly!  I thank him kindly for his support and went about making the other arrangements
I posted service announcements in all the normal areas and spread the word with everyone I meet.  I also asked for those who knew him to come forth and speak of him during the service.

I then Contacted Lady Axiana and asked if she would kindly prepare food for after the service, which she agreed to, bless her soul.

I then went about gathering flowers and guest book, and candles for the service.  I also talked to Tiberus and asked him to make a candelabra and tables for the service, which he did and gave a donation of 250 gold coins for the church in Heath’s name.

As the day arrived for the service Father Siegfried gave me a key for the church so I could set up the tables flowers and Heath’s Urn of ashes.  Afterwards I went over to the town hall to give Axiana a hand but as usual, she had everything under control in her normal grand fashion!  She also gave me a suggestion of a leaflet to hand out with some information about Heath.  So using my scribing skills I set about making some.

At the appointed hour, folks started arriving, I asked them to sign the guest book and passed out leaflets as best I could.  The number of people that had shown up overwhelmed me!
I then thanked everyone for coming and then asked the Father, to give an invocation to begin the service, his words brought comfort and tears to all.
I then said a few words about Heath, only knowing him a sort time I was brief.

I then asked Grenadier Takeamada to speak; he looked sad and tried in his morning robes.  He spoke of how they meet and became friends and of his loss.  Afterwards he moved slowly back to his seat.

I then asked Lady Axiana to come up, she had a reading of a poem she which to share!  As she read you could see her words had an effect on everyone present, there was not a dry eye in the place.
I open the floor to other who which to speak.  Sergeant Grayner was the first to come up.  He spoke of the armor he won; made by Heath and how he would remember him for the protection he made for him but was unable to give him in return when needed most!
Captain Morana was next up.  He spoke of how others like Heath did their part in protecting cove by the skills the use to support the army and that you don’t have to take up arms to be a hero!

We closed the service with some final words of wisdom from Father Siegfried and a candle light walk to the Town Hall where we gathered, to eat, drink and remember not only Heath!  But others that we have lost and friendships made.  All in all I think the service went well and Heath can now rest in peace!
* signed *

Edward Striker

(OOC: Sorry if I missed a name of someone there, I was trying to get everyone I think some missed the guest book.  So if you let me know I will modifie the report.  Again thank you all for your support in this event, becuase of you is worked!)

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:07:43 pm »

Commoner's Trial Successfully Completed.

Edward Striker awarded 100 Shillings.

---

Tiberus awarded 25 Shillings for his crafting efforts.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:44:50 am »

60 Shillings Awarded - Axiana Masteen, Burgher.

For preparing the flower arrangements and the post service food and refreshments.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length