Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:33:28 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Weed Killer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Weed Killer  (Read 4804 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:45:05 am »

Task.

Clean up the walls of the Church, Barracks, The Goblin and the Town Hall.

Include weeding, watering and pruning etc., and don't forget the gravestones in the church.

Clean and weed the following:

Church walls & gravestones.
Tavern walls & outside drinking areas
Barracks walls & steps.
Town Hall walls & gardens.

Conditions.
*More than one building may be cleaned by the same person.
*This is an entirely role-play task. 

Include a detailed report with plenty of pictures.

The Reward

Shillings will be awarded for quality and imagination of your report.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:53:21 pm by Axiana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Teagan Grayner
Mop abuser of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

I touch the fire and it freezes me.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:44:41 pm »

Sounds like a job for the T!

Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:06:26 pm »

[OOC: Only the Church - Sorry Teagan if you were intending to do the Church, but it's been a month since you said you'd do them so I thought that perhaps it would be okay if I did the Church instead.]

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 06:14:11 pm »

That will keep the Avatar and Churchies happy... Which is all to the good.

Fine report again gain Ileana.

75 Shillings awarded - Ileana Leontine

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 05:36:54 am »

Today, in the late morning, or pherhaps early noon....
  Even pherhaps late noon!
I woke up in pain and agony after the last days work. I was feeling a little sick, and i felt as if my head was between the hammer and the anvil. I ate my breakfeast and looked out of the window. I couldnt almost believe it.
   A beautiful day at Cove. Only some minor rain...
i finished my breakfeast outside on the porche and headed out for a walk.
  The grass tickled under my feet on my way to toothpicks, to see if Qom was there.
   Unfortunately, he wasn´t.
   Unfortunately, i saw the taskboard
   Unfortunately, the taskboard had an assignment, written my name over it...

Weed Killer!

I read it closely and went for the barracks, to clean the walls and steps of it.
As i figured out that the barracks are quite large, and my arms not as strong as they used to be, i figured out a way to ease my arms...

After distributing the poison on, well everything i could reach at all, i went to the tavern and... eeh... ate a little...
   And let the poison really kick into the walls and steps.

After i.... *coughs* Ate... i went back to the barracks to finish what i started.
   Just needed to wash away the poison with some water, dry the floors up with some blankets and polish the walls and floors so it would shine real nice.
   I hope you understand my disappointment, panic and after all stress from what was to become of me, when i got back to the barracks, after a long walk...
If i remember correctly, about twice as long as the way TO the tavern...
  Dont understand why...

I paniced, Ran around the barracks to see what damage it had done. I couldnt believe the barrel of poison really was a keg of Strength, that the old mold in the barracks would embrace to grow stronger. I have never seen this kind of mold ever before.
   And of course a guard went in to the barracks, and saw me standing around in all the filth, wondering what the heck was going on. I told him about a great infestion of mold, that had come to Cove, it was at least half true...
   Well, i quickly went back to my house and fetched me a real barrel of poison, and sprayed it on the mold and wiped it out, killing it all.
   I cleaned the barracks out, and polished the walls and floors

Well, not to say to much, about mistakes and all, but, the barracks looks better than before...

*signed in thick handwriting*

Farfar.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:48:55 am by farfar » Logged

qom_riyadh
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 06:13:31 am »

Could you please try not to spill this near my workshop? Thankye...

80 shillings awarded - Farfar
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 11:43:40 am »

Tavern and Town Hall still need a clean!

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 02:44:26 am »

Delsa walks up to the noticeboard and slowly reads the tasks.
"Hmmm.." she mumbles to herself whilst looking over the tasks a second time.
"I think I'll do a bit o' cleanin' ! I need a bit of experience in tha' department!"
She skips happily towards the Tavern..

*Her handwriting looks as if it has been rushed with excitement*

I decided to clean the walls of the Tavern, as I know that the guards like drinking in a clean tavern. However, I didn't realise how gigantic the Tavern actually was!
I started off my task the old-fashioned way, with a wet cloth and a bucket of water!

I've often seen little'uns sitting under the apple tree outside the Tavern, so I decided to wash down the walls around there, and scubbed at the ground too. Unfortunately, cleaning soil is pretty difficult, so I gave the walls an extra scrubbing instead!

I noticed that in the task description, it said that it would be a good idea to clean the 'outside drinking areas', so I seeked out the only drinking area there was, the balcony.

I'd finally completed my cleaning! And thankfully, it only took a little over an hour!
This seemed a little short, however. So I decided to give the windows of the Tavern a good clean, also!

Unfortunately, upon completion of cleaning the windows, a mishap occured.
I decided to sketch afterwards, as I wanted to share the fits of laughter I was in, after it had happened!

*signed* D. Wineblotch

Delsa Wineblotch, Commoner

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 02:18:42 pm »

Good work Miss Wineblotch.

Those tables look clean enough to eat off.

70 Shillings Awarded - Delsa Wineblotch

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 12:45:28 am »

*Heading towards the town hall, Axiana pauses to look up at the grey overcast sky!*

This may not be the day for doing this, but work must be done.

*Just as she places down her gardening tools at the step of the town hall, it begins to pour down with rain.  She hurries to seek shelter, but finds the town hall doors to be locked!  After a few minutes or so, the rain stops.  Now drenched to the skin, her hair hangs limp sticking to her face and neck.*

*Peers at the rain washed pathway*

Perhaps the rain is a blessing after all *shivers*, the path is clean at least! 

*On bended knee, she weeds around the pathway and amongst the flower beds.   She then removes the dead heads from the flowers, and using a sharp knife prunes the hedges.*

*Sneezes*

*With the aid of a stool, she is able to grab hold of a sturdy branch.  She pulls herself up into the tree then works her way up it and begins to prune the tree in preparation for following year.*

*Catches her skirt on a branch... A Riping noise can be heard.  She curses.  The stool then almost topples over as she tries to place her foot back on it on her way down.*

*She cuts back and removes the clinging Ivy from the stone walls.*

*Sneezes*

*Slips on the wet pathway, hurting her ankle"

*Peers up at the roof observing the moss on the roof.*

At least its not as high up as the Church Steeple!

*Pulls herself up onto the roof using jutting stone work walls for footing.  Clings with one hand onto the tiles as she attempts to remove the moss with the other.*

*Works her way along carefully, removing the worst of the moss.  Waves to Guardsman Perrin who appears to be trying to warn her of something*

Oh my!  A loose tiiiiileee...Aaaaaaiiie!

*Guardsman Perrin takes an unconscious Axiana to the healers*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 07:50:39 am »

Oh my, no job for a Burgher I say!

Where are all the damn Commoners and Serfs.

I hope there are no broken bones Axiana.

Never rains, but it pours eh?

60 Shillings Awarded - Axiana Masteen, Burgher.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length