Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:28:01 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Completed Militia Duties
| | | |-+  Orc Leather - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Orc Leather - COMPLETED  (Read 2327 times)
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2005, 10:46:34 pm »

A chubby merchant walks upto you holding scissors in his hand and a wide smile on his face.

Oh! Hello! Am i glad teh see you or what! Y'see i'm in need a strong man like ye teh do a little task for me...

I'm the most skilled leather worker in all of Cove Region! But lately my merchandise has been a bit lacking, so i got this brilliant idea. Y'see Orcs!... Orcs have very thick, strong and reliable skin! I need ye to lead some of yer fellow guardsmen to the Orc Fort and get me ten orc heads! Why orc heads y'say? Well the thing is the strongest skin is on their heads... Its like helmets!

The Task
*Lead a platoon of five or more guardsmen to the Orc Fort
*Collect ten orc masks.
*Make a report with screenshots in the thread below.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 06:08:02 am by Gregor Eason » Logged

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 04:24:15 pm »

Gathering all available guardsman at the time was an easy task, as I got five more than capable guardsman straight off. I briefed them on what was needed to be accomplished and I ordered them to forced march towards the Orc Fort.

Only the heads of the terrible Orc Brutes were actually good enough for the leather, the other lil' orcs heads were so mashed in by the end they were useless. So, first off we had to find and slay these brutes. Finding these Brutes was an easy first task, but taking them down was totally another issue.  My full reach would only probably hit this beast in it's stomach area, and that was good enough.

So there we all were, stabbing and slashing at the Brute's legs until they gave way, felling the beast. That's when the guardsman could go for the killing blow. I stepped in with my kryss and I "sawed" off their heads and shoved them in a seperate bag. I was also able to collect their helms that they wore, which seemed  they possessed some sort of evil aurora, glowing a yellow brown. I quickly shoved them in the very same bag and carried on with the others, slaying the Brutes.

One by one they fell. What I thought was quite amusing was the fact that they'd pick up and "throw" it's fellow orcs at us. Obviously we'd just strafe out of the way and watch the lil' green ones explode. I shouted commands like nothing before, and even some that I made up on the spot. What scared me was it worked...a bit..*smirks*.

By the end of the day, we collected the requested ten orc heads and four of the brute crowns. We managed to collect 33537 crowns which 11181 crowns went to the Covian army.

Guardsman Attending:

Gregory, Squire (Came and went)
Ahmed Al Maktoum, Junior Guardsman (Leading)
Cor'Ari Ta, Watchman
Nashiem De'Monti, Watchman
Regdar, Watchman
Fenix, Guardsman Recruit
Jevonia, Guardsman Recruit

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Junior Guardsman
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 05:45:19 pm by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 05:02:30 pm »

Excellent work Junior Ahmed, this task was a challenging one but you succeeded despite it.

Nashiem De'Monti
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 05:14:14 pm »

*coughs* tha there donated money wasn't just decided upon .. as most o' tha people takin' part kept their cash! *mutters and walks off*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length