Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:15:49 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Completed Militia Duties
| | | |-+  The Search For Greystone - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Search For Greystone - COMPLETED  (Read 2472 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2005, 11:31:30 pm »

Sighing deeply, Ahmed sits down at his work desk and begins to write...

It's been forteen sun-downs long, and still no sign of Greystone. I'm looking for a few Guardsman to set out on a search for the bugger. I've a list of places I'd like to see explored. I only hope he's....alive...

Patrol:

• The Orcish Fort South of Cove.
  • The Covian Shire.
  • The Graveyard in the Shire
  • The Covetous Dungeon.

Conditions:

• Each Patrol must include at least three guardsmen.
  • Everything is to be documented in this thread, with a report including sketches.
  • You and your party are to search each area THOROUGHLY for fifteen minutes.
  • You must search the areas IN ORDER which it is written in.

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Sergeant
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:40:28 am by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 02:15:31 pm »

*Grunts and reads the task solomly*

I shall lead the search

*Signed*

Darath Mithar
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 07:20:43 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged

Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:37:36 pm »

*The report is covered in dirt and a little blood and splattered with rain*

Report: The Rescue Of Ryan Greystone

I gathered a search party together as soon as these orders were posted. After some initial…. problems we headed determinedly towards the orc fort. We where met with an ambush, an orc brute that quickly knocked unconscious a Recruit with a heavy fist. This suspicious attack made me wary and I quickly ordered a storming of the fort. Spreading out, we then searched the enclosures and killed every filthy greenskin in sight, including many more brutes. Ryan was not to be found here, unless he was human jerky inside some orcs stomach!

We quickly covered the Coveshire area at forced march searching the graveyards and slaying the deadites. Once again Ryan was not to be found in these thick woods. So we made our way towards the Covetous mountains…

The caves of Covetous where foul, dank and dark. We where quickly greeted by the usual pillars of flames that flared from the ground whenever a foot dared to stray close enough. Again moving quickly, we spread through the dark caves smiting the weak monstrosities that lay in wait. In each and every shadow we searched chasing away the dark with the light of our torches. The constant baying and shrieking that echoed through the caves and the clatter of human bones beneath our feet a chilling reminder of the fate that Ryan may had faced. We stepped out into the light at the end of the dungeon but the crisp fresh air did little to raise our spirits. Glancing about, the group looked exhausted and disheartened. Each face was cut and bruised and every boot caked in mud from many hours of forced marching. But taking little time to rest we trudged on searching the narrow rocky ravines.

Turning a new corner we found the passage was barred with a crudely erected wall of logs. With renewed hope we rushed in. Within the small enclosure slices of meat and hides lay scattered. Among them, on a sodden camp roll lay Ryan. He was clearly injured; a damp red stain marked his left side. I ordered the group to pick him up in the very bedroll he lay in so we could carry him back. But as Anari lifted he stumble and fell back, knocking himself unconscious on a large rock. Almost simultaneously Recruit Seamus collapsed with exhaustion where he stood. With the night approaching and the group two men down I decided to set camp and dig in, hoping that the deadite shadow walkers would not reappear. The Watchman was sent out to gather hides and meat from the few animals about the barren mountainside. A campfire was also lighted with the few wet logs we had and a little resourcefulness from Watchman Fripp. Soon we had heat, manageable beds and a defendable position. However before we could settle in Anari groaned and awoke, rubbing his bruised head. Now we had to move quickly, as night was quickly rushing to meet us. Grabbing up Ryan in his bedroll we stumbled towards the caves.

Moving as quickly as possible, we stumbled our way through the dark, tendrils and claws extending from the shadows to meet us. Many times Ryans carriers literally had to stand and take attack after attack from the sharp harpy talons clawing at their armor. Some how we fought to the entrance, only dropping Ryan a single time. Once again the familiar pillars of flame greeted us. We broke out into light…

We rested shortly at the entrance, allowing the rain to wash away some of the dirt from our hands and faces. But it seemed that the stench of blood seeping from Ryans wounds was attracting trolls and ogres, which lumbered from the trees to intercept us. The group rallied and formed this time changing the carriers of Ryans makeshift stretcher. We pushed onto the final stretch killing numerous humanoids but finally spotting the familiar Coveshire Lake. Exhausted physically and mentally the group arrived, the barracks looming before them just as the last of the light slipped away.

*Mutters somthing about a lack of thanks*

The Rescue Party:
Junior Darath Mithar (Leader)
Junior Anari
Watchman Robert Fripp
Recruit Seamus

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 02:58:20 pm »

Well you did take your time! Althought it's nice to see that MY rescue party got the job done! I'm the saviour!
Exceptional report Junior, and let's keep them coming if you ever want a shot at the staple belt eh?

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Militia Administration

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length