Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:44:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Completed Militia Duties
| | | |-+  Militia Duties: Swamp Boss - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Militia Duties: Swamp Boss - COMPLETED  (Read 1951 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: August 31, 2005, 08:00:12 am »

Yuck! The grotesque Plague Beasts continue to have a cruel grip of fear over those that must pass through the Northern Swamps. Fear, to the Innocent, is unacceptable. As Cove Militia, and with the Swamps being under our zone of protection, I am ordering a dispatch of guardsmen to the area to defeat these "Bosses of the Swamp" in close quarter combat.
Be sure it is dead when ye withdraw ye sword from its slimey filth.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council

This Duty may only be organised and led by a Watchman or above.

Tasks
* Slay three Plague Beasts

Conditions
* Only Watchmen or above may organise and lead this Duty, though all other ranks may attend.
* Painting evidence must be shown.
* A FULL report, with paintings, must be posted below in this thread.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 05:18:43 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 12:00:03 am »

Swamp Boss Duty

Lead by:
Junior Guardsman, Kurt

Attended:
Junior Guardsman, Erik Arkay
Junior Guardsman, Garand
Junior Guardsman, Vince Valentine

Target Creatures Slewed:
One Plague Beast Lord, Three Plague Beasts.

I said this would be a walk in the park, and for the most part it was.  It first started with me, Erik, and Vince.  I lined them up at the front of the barracks and briefed them.  We all had set out convinced this would be an uneventful duty.  On the road we encountered brigands which are usually seen throughout Altmere.  We kept walking and slaying the brigands until we got to the swamp.  When we got there we could hear the roars from the swamp.  We've been here before but in bigger groups.  Erik volunteered to grab reinforcements and I gave him permission to go.  I went and scouted ahead in the forest and told Vince, "if I come back running fire as fast as you can behind me."  I spotted a single Plague Beast Lord, I looked around more and saw two other normal Plague Beasts.  I went back to the others and Garand had join us.  I ordered for us to move in and being the experience fighters we are we protected each other.  A Plague Beast Lord and a group of nasties came at us.  We slewed it and the other creatures around it with supreme efficiency.  During the midst of the battle another Plague Beast came at us.  Like a hot knife through butter we slaughtered it.  We moved forth as an onslaught of enemies came at us when all of the sudden two Plague Beasts ambushed us.  We fought for a while but afterwards me and Vince were Knocked out.  When I awoke I saw Vince still unconcious and Erik ordered Garand and him to retreat which was smart.  I saw the plague beast in front of me so I stood up and jabbed the beast in the eye.  It screamed and fell to it's death.  When Vince awove afterwards I ordered us back to the barracks.  All I've to say about this duty is "It's just another walk in the park"

*Signed*

Junior Guardsman, Kurt
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 12:24:57 am by Kurt » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length