Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:48:39 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Completed Militia Duties
| | | |-+  Disturbance at Altmere - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Disturbance at Altmere - COMPLETED  (Read 2400 times)
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2005, 12:25:04 pm »

“Damn papervork,” Veldrin muttered, dabbling a quill into a bit of ink and scrawing spidery letters over a piece of parchment. “Zhey promise adventure and excitement, but here I am at zhis INANE hour, reviewing zhis drivel zhat our recruits call reports...”

*FLUMP!*

Veldrin’s head snapped up. “Vhat the...” It had sounded like something heavy had fallen against one of the large iron doors of the Barracks. Setting down her quill, she stood up and walked cautiously to the door. She reached for the handle and quickly pulled it open, a spell ready in her hand. But instead she gave a look of surprise as she cancelled her magic.

A young, or what appeared to be young, elven woman was curled up against the doorway, bloodstains splotched on her leaf armor. She didn’t seem to notice the door had opened, and continued to sob quietly on the floor.

Veldrin narrowed her eyes. “Vell?”

The woman flinched and turned her head up at the Drowish mage. Her eyes widened in fear, but she began to sputter the words. “B...b-bandits... th-they robbed us! Attacked us... my husband... Yvellyn! Are you all right?!”

“They have your husband?” Veldrin tilted her head. “Vhere vas zhis?”

“A...Alt...” The woman’s words faded into sobs as she began to shiver. Veldrin’s frustration grew.

“Alt vhat? Altmere?” The woman wouldn’t answer. Then, out of the corner of her eye, Veldrin spotted a recruit standing at the foot of the steps, looking mortified. Convenient. “YOU! Stop gawking and take zhis thing to a healer! MOVE IT!”

---

This Duty may only be organized and led by a Junior Guardsman or above.

Tasks:
* Lead a Patrol to the Altmere Outpost
* Search for the Brigands and Yvellyn, the elf’s husband
* Recover Yvellyn and the couple's stolen goods and give them to Veldrin

Conditions:
* Must be arranged with me first OOC. (Contact me.)
* Only Junior Guardsman or above may lead this duty, though all others may attend.
* At least four guardsmen, including the leader, must partake this duty.
* A FULL report, with sketches, must be posted in this thread.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 02:38:12 am by Gregor Eason » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 07:37:15 pm »

*Erik peers at the parchement while a new recruit passes by*

Oi! YOU! My err.... my eyes hurt from ...errr...all the dungeoncrawlin'...Yes that's it, dungeoncrawlin'! What does it say there?

Ehm... It's a form to sign up for a relaxation massage by one of the barmaids of the Folk Tale House! *Sheepish grin*

Wha?!? Out o' my way grunt!

*Pushes the recruit away and hastily scribbles an X under the paper*

Gwhahaha! That massage is mine!

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 10:01:02 pm »

*Erik walks up to the Barracks and finds a squad of guardsmen already assembled*

Evenin' lads! Apparently we've had some Elven dame complainin' and whinin' about bein' mugged in Altmere. Between the sobbin' and complainin' she said somethin' about 'er husband bein' knocked down or somethin' too. Ye know I have nae love lost for em lazy and troublesome civilians but I nae like brigands thinkin' they can mug in Covian lands! Regardless, Corporal Ni'harel ordered us to take a look and that's what we shall. Let's head on out!

*The squad arms up and slowly advance towards the Altmere shire*

*When they aproach the guardpost, Erik orders Garand to scout on ahead.*

Better put some use to them sneaky scouts! *Erik mutters and commands the squad to proceed*

*The squad approaches the Outpost and finds a lone man standing outside*

Oi! You there! Seen any Elven chap about?

No! And if I did I wouldn't be telling it to the likes of you! If I did I'd long have slit his throat! Gwahahah!

Hmmm, come again?

Aye I've seen an Elven bugger. Slit his throat and dumped him in the Sea I did! So what are you bunch going to do about it eh? Nothing!

Right chaps! Take this man to the barracks!

*Immediately two more roughians step out of the shadows and assault the bewilderd guardsmen. Good healing, excellent teamwork and superior numbers result in the brigands being quickly subdued*

Right chaps! Lets move these to the Barracks for a proper 'questionning'.

*The brigands are brought to the barracks interrogation room and the tongs are quickly heated*

Right! I be needin' answers from ye. But I'd prefer if ye didn't answer em too fast. The boys and I want to have some fun!

*Garand proceeds to burn the toes and insides of the knees of the prisoner who identified himself as Henry Winter*

I'll tell you everything you need to know ye sadistic bastards! I sold him!

Sold him where? *Stomps the burnt toes with his heel as Henry screams it out*

AAAARGH! Skara!! Skara Brae!!

Sold him to who? *Stomps foot down again*

Traders! Just traders! I can point them out to ye if you take me there!

*This torture continues untill Corporal Ni'Harel enters. She quickly orders the brigands to be searched for weapons and clues. Something the torturehappy militiamen neglected so far. She then ordered to place all the brigands into the cells pending proper judgement*

In attendance:

Joey Lanai, Regular
Vince Valantine, Junior
Garand, Junior
Erik Arkay, Junior
Odenetheus, Church Disciple

Several others joined for the torturing/imprisonment bit.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 10:06:01 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 02:31:34 am »

Veldrin hurried back toward the militia barracks, the elven female's sobs still carrying into the air, even though she'd already passed the city gates. She had just relayed the news of her husband's death. Though the thief had told Veldrin that the elf was sold as a slave, it seemed that the thieves had actually thrown the elf's dead body into the sea. What the elf girl planned to do after her injuries recovered was none of the Corporal's concern. She was more annoyed at the fact that the prisoners had escaped their cells. Pity, it would have done the drow a bit of pleasure to see some blood spray.

The guardsmen had recovered an odd bow, elven in design. She was going to offer it to the elf lass as consolation, but had had a better idea. She still clutched it in one hand curiously, as she studied its structure. Perhaps if that Levi person had a hold of this, she'd be able to understand how it was made. Yes, perhaps it had a productive use. After all, teach a man to fish...

Well done, Junior Arkay.

The Elven Composite Longbow has been unlocked! It will now be supplied by the militia stores, and guardsmen are now allowed to use it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 02:33:34 am by Veldrin » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length