Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:25:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Completed Militia Duties
| | | |-+  Militia Duties: Uncovering a Legend (Runeblade) - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Militia Duties: Uncovering a Legend (Runeblade) - COMPLETED  (Read 2387 times)
Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2005, 10:38:22 pm »

Uncovering a Legend

*After handing the note to a recruit the old drunkard walked off. The recruit then slipped the information into the office where it was picked up by an officer, some words highlighted, the note reads;

*An old Symbol is drawn here*
"To Quinn, i hope this new piece of evidence can help you in your search,"

*A whethered note is attached*

"Findrene, a town of Wonders, Miracles, here is the recording of the Legendary huntress, Telana Lexus.

It is said that in this town was born the young woman called Telana Lexus,
She was born of common peasants and was raised as such, thought this woman
was branded a legend early on in her life, with her custom made blades she had
slain the darkest warlord the land of Illshenar had ever known, she had
sealed the beast master Var Shaleth in his crypt with her dying breath.

*A sketch of her weapons are here*

Her weapons have been celebrated throughout the history as Legendary weapons
that have the power to defeat even the toughest warlords, though we believe this
is merely a myth, the evidence found shows this weapon was incfact created in Iron
and nothing more, though the skill she managed to wield with these weapons
was the true Legend.

Alas, these weapons and how they were crafted are still a mystery to us, we will
continue to search for these priceless artifacts and replicate the design if possible."

"I hope this helps you in your search Quinn, Goodluck"

*some notes are scribbled below*

" - Exodus Temple
 - Desert temple
 - Undead Crypt
 - Crypt of Horrors
 - Meer Town ??
 - Meer Crypt ??"

Task: Your task is to search the remaining area's on his list and see if there is
any trace of the weapon and its designs.

Reward: Weapon Unlock: Rune Blade
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 01:30:32 am by Ahmed » Logged

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 11:38:47 am »

I vow to undertake this mission, and uncover what I can!

-Urocus-
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 12:23:24 pm by Urocus » Logged

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 01:09:32 pm »

A sheaf of papers and sketches are attatched to the bottom of the duty post

For Cove, I have completed this mission; a good break from sitting alone in the barracks! I now present my findings.

I set out from Cove, my pack filled with a sleeping mat, a torch for the dark nights, various useful tools, and a copy of the mission briefing. I also brought along some bargaining gold, just incase...

For the quickest route to the first location on the mission briefing, I made my way to a (non Vesparian!) moongate and, after consulting my maps, decided that the shrine of Sacrifice would bring me closest to the Ilshenar town that the meer inhabited.
Once I arrived, I paid my respects (like any good Avatarian) and camped for the night, as it was getting rather dark. However I felt safe and secure under the power of the Shrine.

I rose with the sun, and journeyed onward to the town of the Meer. I came across the first derelict house, however the occupant did not seem to acknowledge my presence.
This was unfortunately true for most of the meer...

I conducted a few sneaky searches myself, namely in the large structure on the shore: one of the few places to have and sort of discernable furnishings.

My searches were fruitless, and I uncovered nothing other than rotten food and broken, discarded possessions.
Eventualy I was lucky enough to find a Meer Elder (known as an Eternal to his own people) who pointed me in the direction of the Meer Crypt: the next location on my list... After weighing his pockets with some of my handy gold coins!

I made my way as far as the Shrine of Compassion before the light begain to fail me again. I was convinced that the fates were in my favour, again granting me protection by a shrine during the night.

The next day's travelling was not without occurance. Following the elderly Meer's directions, I strayed across a small group of Savages. These foul and uncivilised beasts shrieked as I approached; a spear narrowly missing my head as a ridgeback rider came seemingly out of nowhere. They seemed to command some sort of unholy nature, as rabid wolves drew closer to their savage allies. With a quick prayer, the odd curse, and many words of Arcane Power, I was able to dispatch those who had followed me.

In my hasty exit, I stumbled upon a large engraved platform. What luck! This was the mysterious entrance that the Meer Elder had mentioned! At least I hoped it was...

Nervously I stepped onto the platform and closed my eyes, readying a spell of defence...
Fortunately the Meer was true to his word, and I found myself in a large crypt, seemingly cut off from the outside world. Whether it were underground, lodged in a mountain or outside the realms of time and space, I was unsure. But I felt remarkably safe.

After a short wander around the many sealed tombs, I noticed one that was slightly disturbed.

Upon further investigation, I found a set of demonic bones, perhaps the remains of the beast master Var Shaleth?

As if to confirm my suspicions, I noticed a rusty blade thrust deep into the ribcage of the skeleton. The design matched that of the sketches I had copied down! I gathered up some of the bones and the blade excitedly, when I noticed underneath a few scraps of parchment, written in a language I could not decipher. Gathering all these together (along with a few coins I found lying in the tomb), I kept them together in a drawstring bag, and ventured back to beloved Cove.

Upon arriving at the barracks, I found Khaelith the Trade Minister just on his way out. I explained my adventures, and he happily took my findings, assuring me that they would be delivered into the right hands.

An exhausting adventure! I hope you find my report all in order.

For Cove!

-Urocus-
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 03:27:14 pm by Urocus » Logged

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 01:15:16 pm »

Superb effort and story Urocus! More of that!

Try to include a few other men if possible on these quests but mission granted on the count of the thorough report!

Rune Blade unlocked!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length