Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:47:17 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Completed Militia Duties
| | | |-+  Collect Pig Iron - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collect Pig Iron - COMPLETED  (Read 2091 times)
Tweeso Pebble
« on: November 19, 2005, 04:45:46 pm »

Greetings! I've discovered a very special potions , The Confusion blast potion that is very useful for the Light Company. I'm not sure If I'm on of the first who actully invented this within the walls of Cove , nay matter. To Craft those potions there...

Need:  5 Pig Iron each potion

Amount to Collect: As many as possible

Where to find:You can find those from Liches , Lich lords and other Necromancy using Creatures.

You can make a post under this topic about how many you've delivered

Deliver:
- At the Scout Tower -

*Signed*
Scout Sergeant Valiro Gryphonclaw
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 12:48:01 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Talpa Europaea
Guest Of Cove

Assassin in Militia clothing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 04:31:16 pm »

13:00 GMT, Monday the 21st November 2005

Dear Diary,

After a quick patrol of the Covian territory this afternoon to establish all was peaceful, I decided I would use this quiet period to complete some duties for my superiors.  I travelled to the barracks, carefully stepped around the rubble of the West Wing, and located the duties notice board.

One particular duty caught my eye, as it would best utilise the skills I had trained in for many years: a job from Scout Sergeant Valiro who required quantities of pig iron for confusion potions.  After reading the brief description of the duty, I decided the best location to collect the iron would be the graveyard in Eastern Cove.  I checked my provisions, and made my way through the forest to the hallowed ground...

I spent a good fifteen minutes hidden in the shadows of the treeline bordering the graveyard, assessing the situation and working out the best course of action.  I could see through the railings that the graveyard was teeming with the walking dead; zombies shambling mindlessly in the search of living flesh, skeletons clawing their way up from the ground and spirits floating silently between the tombs and headstones.  I was one person, and there was a veritable army of deadlings within the confines of the graveyard.  Stealth would be my only ally on this excursion.

The South facing entrance was the only way into the cemetery, and there was little chance of me making my way through the rusted gate without drawing attention to myself.  My first obstacle.  To overcome this, I decided the only course of action was to throw caution to the wind and deal with the handful of deadlings that lingered by the railing.  I leaped from the shadowed eaves of the trees and engaged them in combat.  Fortune favoured me, and I was able to swiftly deal with the creatures and relieve them of their gold.

With the sentries disposed of, I crept through the gate and resumed my place amongst the shadows cast by the tombstones.  The creatures I slew at the gate were not in possession of any pig iron, so I deduced that the liches, the most dangerous denizens of the graveyard, were surely hording the resource.

I soon located my first lich lurking in a corner by the main crypt, but did not feel it would be prudent to engage it alone in head-on combat with so many of its companions present.  As the clouds overhead seemed to draw closer together casting deeper shadows than before, I drew a dagger and decided I would strike the vile creature in the back from the shadows, returning again to the darkness before it had a chance to turn and cast any foul magic.

I struck the creature many times without sustaining any injuries, until in a rage of pain and confusion the lich's spirit fled the confines of its body and it fell to the floor in a broken heap of bones and decayed robes.

Wasting no time, I searched through the corpse, relieved it of the pig iron and headed off into the shadows in search of another lich.  I found two more during my excursion to the graveyard and disposed of them in much the same manner.

With my pack becoming heavy under the weight of the pig iron, hindering my progress of moving silently through the shadows, i decided it would be wise to return to the Scout Tower and deposit what I had collected.

Total collected: 34 pig iron

*Signed*
                 Talpa Europaea

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:00:07 pm »

Excellent Hunt and Report!

Good work.. Indeed.

*Signed*
Scout Sergeant Valiro Gryphonclaw
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: