Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:51:18 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Training Session à la Grenadier, hosted by Sgt. Raiden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Training Session à la Grenadier, hosted by Sgt. Raiden  (Read 2076 times)
alfred
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:36:31 pm »

Training Session à la Grenadier

When: Late night, 19th November.
Where: Cove Barracks, Docks, Mountains south of Cove, Orc Fort south of Cove.

Commanding Officer: Raiden Morana, Grenadier Captain. (prior promotion)
Guardsmen in attendance:
Alfred, Guardman Recruit
Edmund Rufus, Junior Scout
Hoogie, Dragoon Sergeant
Marcus Tel'var, Watchman
Marcus Kobra, Guardsman Recruit
Kelt, Guardsman Recruit
Falconheart, Junior Grenadier

The Training Session:
To begin with we warmed up on top of the barracks by jogging in circle. We proceeded with some variations of push ups during this. Several rounds were required from each participant. Parade moves were instructed prior and after this exercise.

Continuing on to the docks we were handed one torch each. The instructions that followed were to swim and perform various advancements in the water and keeping the torch lit.

At the high peak south of cove a variation of mountain climbing was introduced. A certain height had to be achieved to succeed. A true struggle it was, almost overdoing the prior. To my amazement we did quite well at this.

The final part made sure to include the Orc Fort directly south of Cove. We gave them a prompt reminder that their rent is due and eviction is imminent. As we had cleared most sections a withdraw was called and everything seemed to proceed exactly as planned.

Glorious it was to see the heretic creatures fall under the mighty blade and finessed arrows of the Army of Cove! The party returned to the barracks and were dismissed shortly after.

Glory to Cove!

- Alfred, Guardsman Recruit

P.S.
The lateness of the report is due to family sickness and my absence in the ranks for some time. I am happy to say that my uncle in Occlo has recovered completely after the visit. As a result some details will be subject to later edit, and even names may unfortunately be missing from the attendance list. Please fill inn!

((OOC: Sorry, since I'm so late I am bound to have missed quite a lot of details and perhaps mixed up the order of events))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:07:29 pm by alfred » Logged
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:46:28 pm »

A good report, Recruit!

Plenty of detail, but no sketches! Perhaps you could add some of those, next time, eh?

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 05:51:51 pm »

Aye fine report Alfred, though a sketch or two would have made it a grand report as the Corporal rightly said. *Grins*

It is indeed some time since this session was held but surely I was Grenadier Captain and nay Sergeant. *Smirks*

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

alfred
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:10:07 pm »

Thank you sir and ma'am. The sketches were slightly delayed, but here they are.

- Alfred, Guardsmen Recruit.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:12:07 pm »

Har! That's the ticket recruit.

Good job.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length