Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:01:55 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier's Trial: Junior Anari - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier's Trial: Junior Anari - COMPLETED  (Read 4861 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2005, 01:39:32 am »

Ahmed walks into the Barracks and sets his eyes on the Grenadier-to-be... Grunting slightly and clearing his throat, Ahmed folds out a worn out piece of paper and reads the details out loud to Junior Anari…

Junior Anari!
You are to prove to me why myself and the Serg’ should let you stand alongside us and become a part of the “Elites of Cove”. This is just merely the first part of your training, as Sergeant Greystone shall address the recruits face-to-face in a grueling training session.

You have three tasks!

• Travel through the dungeon of Shame and reach the last level, where the ‘elder gazers’ are kept. Bring me the eye of one elder gazer, however bringing me two will give you extra credit! [/b]
  • Organise and lead a battle games session, which includes some crucial team battles and a last man standing event. I would like to see at least six guardsmen attending.
  • Organise and lead a hunt through Destard, slaying at least one ‘shadow wyrm’ with your group. I’d like to see you returning with twenty-thousand gold pieces to be added to the militia coffers.

Everything is to be documented in this thread, with full reports for each, including sketches.

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Corporal
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 06:11:43 pm by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 03:54:00 pm »

*Sweating a little after fighting off a few ogres in his.... mis-directed hunt to destard, anari writes a small note on the board...*

I woul' loik teh accep' t' HONOUR of becoming a Grenadier.

*Nods slightly and begins to walk off... curses, turns and signs the note*

Anari, Junior Guardsman
Covian Millitia

Anari

Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 01:05:06 pm »

*Anari sits and tugs out his quill, it has a small splattering of blood on it, he ignores it and begins writing...*

Shame Hunt:

Attended: Meh onleh.

I stared a' 'em entrance to 'em Dungeon Shame... A cold shiver ran up meh back as I imagined 'em horrors awaiten' meh in 'em Shadows....  I took 'em deep breath, jammed meh 'elmet on an' stepped inside... This was 'em onleh way teh prove mehself to 'em Grenadiers...

Anari entering the dungeon...

After I go' inside I saw the greetin' par'y... I' wasn' wha' I'd call... vereh "greetin'"... bu' still I'm nay one teh complain... After I "dispatched" 'em all... I continued further down, deeper into 'em gloom an' death, I 'ope ye loik this Ahmed an' Ryan... *Anari smirks as he imagines having to do it again*

Anari and the "leaving party"

I ventured further in an' reached 'em teleported wytchey thin'... I passed through i' an' wen' further into 'em dungeon... I saw more death an' decay... I saw devil loik creatures... creepin' from every corner... 'em pictures will visi' meh in meh dreams...

The first teleporter

I passed through an' saw somethin' tha' truly made meh consider turnin' back... I' was floatin' on 'em lake an' it was loik some 'uge flamin' squid... I turned teh meh an' tried teh attack, so I gave 'em lake a wide berth...

The Kraken...

Finally I reached 'em second wytchey thin' an' I onleh jus' escaped down it, I' seemed loik 'alf of 'ell was chasin' meh down... I flew loik 'em wind through i' an' managed teh escape wi' meh loif... just...

The second teleporter...

There I foun' more an' more 'orrific sigh's... I fel' so alone... everythin' was so silent... I kep' lookin' over meh shoulder, wary fer trouble... an' I'm vereh glad I did... I saw a spirilin' torren' of air spinin' tewards meh... an air elemental...

Anari killing the air elemental

Finally I reached 'em Elder Gazer cells... each one was thrashin' abou' in a Cell, I entered a cell an' swung meh axe straigh' inter it... a grand firs' 'it... then blow by blow 'em figh' moved on, t' advantage flickin' between each fighter like wind.. finally I saw an openin' an' swung for it... it seemed slow motion... meh axe flew down... down... and sliced 'em gazer clean in 'alf... I staggered forward over its body an' cut its slippery eye out...

Anari entering the gazers caves....                               Anari slicing an eye out...

Then... while I was concentratin' on 'em eye... I was attacked again... I jus' 'ad time teh place meh shield in defence when i's razor teeth clamped down on it... I shook it off an' t' battle continued... Again we shared blows, bu' this toim I couldn' get 'em advantage... I backed out... fearin' meh loif.. finally i reached 'em telepor' room an' 'em Gazers concentration waned... I took advantage an' slew it...

Anari slicing the second eye out...

Signed:

Anari, Junior Guardsman
Baronship of Cove,

Anari Bahan...

Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 01:16:21 pm »

*Sits down on his chair with his feet up on the table while flipping through Anari’s report*

Well… ehhh.. I guess ‘e did well but I be needin’ to ‘ave a firm word with that Ahmed about folk ‘avin’ to bring back em squishy monster parts! I mean look at this ‘ere mess!

*Lowers the papers slightly and stares at the oozing Gazer eyes lying on the table*

Ah well! ‘E passed the first part of ‘is tests… Now lets see if that there apprentice of mine can survive the rest eh..?

*Chuckles quietly and keeps flicking through the papers in his hands*
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 08:58:18 pm »

Uhhh, sorry about the eye, but it's for my famous stew! Excellent work Anari! I'll be looking forward to you remaining tasks!

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoun,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration

Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 01:06:36 pm »

*Anari's jaw drops and he nearly gags as he reads Ahmed's reply...*

S... stew?! Tha' mus' be... uh... delicious...

*Anari Shudders and signs his name...*

Anari, Junior Guardsman,
Covian Millitia.

Anari Bahan...

Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 04:39:57 pm »

*Anari sits, pleased with the results of the days events...*

Destard Hunt:

Lead:
Anari, Junior Guardsman

Attended:
Gimbly, Regular Grenadier
Ryan Greystone, Grenadier Sergeant
Ahmed Al Maktoum, Grenadier Sergeant (Joined at end)
Killian, Mercenary (Joined at end)
Drachir, Junior Guardsman
Joey Lanai, Junior Guardsman (Joined halfway)

We star'ed orf at 'em Barracks an' 'em numbers jus' kep' on increasin' over an' over... t' lis' above in around a third of 'em entire group, I forgo' 'Oo wen'... *Anari blushes slightly* So weh arrived at 'em dungeon an' we made good progress through, Civillians were amazed by our numbers an' stopped teh stare...

The group going through destard...

We sooned moved on ter more difficul' enemies... an' we made our way slowly bu' surely over to 'em Shadow Wyrm cave... On our way we fough' agains' many foes, wyrms... gian' serpents... dragons an' 'em baby dragons. We finally arrived an' I gave 'em group a pre-figh' talk:

In the name of the millitia !!

For Cove !!

Anari giving his talk...

Once we entered we moved quickly an' easily across 'em cave... our sheer numbers completely abliteratin' 'em opponen's... finally we reached 'em alcove where some Shadow Wyrms were livin'. I sen' Sergeant Greystone in ter lure one out. Afterwards i' was a simple matter teh dispatch it.

Fighting the Shadow Wyrm...

We 'ad killed maneh of 'em lizardy thin's an' two o' t' big shadow ones... we sa' there an' recovered before we moved on... we patched eachother up an' made sure we were fi' teh continue...

A picture of all the dead dragons...

Then we moved further into 'em dungeon... we wen' ter t' Ancient Wyrms... Once there we fough' vallian'ly agains' a suprise attack from a big one... i' was rippin' us ter shred, many of us fell, bu' then t' advantages switched teh us... we fough' back an' t' beas' fell...

The corpse of the Ancient Wyrm...

I checked 'em moneh level... I needed a to'al of 20,000 - we 'ad around 14,000 so we fough' another Ancient Wyrm... we fough' well this time 'cause we weren' taken by suprise... By t' end of killin' 'em Big ones... we 'ad a to'al of 23,620 shillin's.

The money...

After tha' we made our way back through 'em dungeon an' travelled back teh Cove. While we were wai'in' fer 'em stragglers, Joey Lanai an' meh amazed 'em millitia wi' our famous Jig.

Signed:

Anari, Junior Guardsman,
Covian Millitia.

Anari Bahan...

Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 06:01:36 pm »

*Anari sits down chuckling at watching the millitia fight...*

Battle Games:

Lead:
Anari, Junior Guardsman

Attended:
Ryan Greystone, Grenadier Sergeant
Ahmed Al Maktoum, Grenadier Sergeant
Joey Lanai, Junior Guardsman
Kal ShadowHand, Regular Scout
Gimbly, Regular Grenadier
Judas Deibau, Junior Guardsman
Gregor Eason, Commander

I star'ed orf by explainin' wha' we were goin' teh do in 'em battle games. After Ahmed's millitia trainin' i' seemed loik a blessin' from 'em Avatar fer 'em... I lined 'em up an' told 'em we woul' do team ba'les an' a free fer all.

Anari explaining the rules...

Team Battle:

After tha' I spli' 'em up inter two teams:

Team One:

Judas Deibau - (lead)
Ryan Greystone
Ahmed Al Maktoum
Joey Lanai

Team Two:

Garand - (lead)
Kal ShadowHand
Gregor Eason
Gimbly

The two teams...

Round one:

Judas' team easily dispatched Garands team... 'em faugh' well bu' weren' organised enough... even though 'em figh' lasted a few minu'es i' was clear from 'em star' who t' winners were.
Winner: Judas

Round Two:

This match was even more obvious than t' firs' 'cause Judas' team was even more organised than before, t' match lasted fer less an' 'ad 'em same ou'come.
Winner: Judas

Round Three:

I didn' wan' teh embarrass Garand's team aneh more so I tried teh move on ter 'em Free Fer All round... 'owever they wan'ed another go, so roun' three began. From 'em vereh star' ye coul' see t' switch in advantage... Garands team use their talen's well an' easily defea'ed t' other team.
Winner: Garand.

The teams battling it out...

Free For All:

Then t' free fer all began. Everyone spli' up over 'em pit an' go' readeh... Before 'and i saw Ryan pass a sum of moneh in a pouch ter Killian... possible bribary? Even if i' was i' nay 'elped...

The free for all match in progress...

The figh' moved on quickly until only three people remained... Joey Lanai, Gimbly an' Judas. They fough' fer wha' seemed loik weeks until I called i' ter Cease an' limited 'em teh Five Bandages each. After a few  momen's Judas fell. Then after some bitter fightin' between Gimbly an' Joey, Joey prevailed.

Winner! Joey Lanai!

Free For All Results:

First: Joey Lanai

Second: Gimbly

Third: Judas Deibau

Signed:

Anari, Junior Guardsman,
Covian Millitia.

Anari Bahan.

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 06:13:33 pm »

Well done Anari on completing the tasks, I guess there is hope for you. I must say I did enjoy what was left of the hunt, and then the teamed up battles. All you need now is to pass a one-on-one general test with our Sergeant Greystone and those arms will be wrapped around you. Keep it up!

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 03:32:36 am »

'ey Junior: Anari  ye left meh name orf tha' Destard 'unt, Ef ye remember I lead one o' them groups fer ye. Nay tha' I be complainen bu' I do deserve the reconition fer 'elpen ye ter.

*Signed*
              Regular Scout: Kal ShadowHand

*Walks off mumbling* * Bloodi Grenadier Wan'a beh*

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 08:33:27 am »

A damn good show Anari! Good lad.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 12:05:38 pm »

*Anari tries... and fails to hide his grin after reading the reply from Shadwell... Although it does faulter when he notices Kal's...

Uh... Thank ye Captain... An'... Uhm... *Shifts uneasily not knowing what to write* Sorreh fer missin ye ou' Regular... Ter many fer meh ter remember... Many apologies...

*Nods quickly hoping that will be enough*

Signed:

Anari, Junior Guardsman,
Covian Millitia.

Anari Bahan...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length