Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:46:44 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  ~~ Patrol report by Gimbly ~~
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ~~ Patrol report by Gimbly ~~  (Read 2231 times)
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2005, 12:48:14 pm »

Patrol report :

Led by Gimbly, Junior Grenadier

* Guardsman Recruit Dodge
* Guardsman Recruit Fabien
* Guardsman Recruit Lance Sanders
* Guardsman Recruit Peggy

Well this was only supposed to be a short patrol along the road of Altmere north of
Cove, fetching two chests with leather armour found be me ealier that day and bring em
to the barracks. I had the Recruits Dodge, Fabien , Sanders and Peggy with me to
carry em load and give em something usefull to do.
( Even if one of em pretends to do something usefull by poisening fishes )
So after making a short check of our gear we made our way to the east,
till we hit the road and then up to the north towards Altmere.

As expected we encountered a few brigands near the guard outposts there.
That damn scum seems to prefer that places to waylay some poor unsuspecting
merchants which might pass by on their way to Britain or Yew.
Without any further encounter we reached my house in Altmere where i stored
em chests with the armour. As we made picked up the load we got aware that
some of the recruit was missing. We thought Peggy would be waitin outside
the house but well she wasnt and so we were forced, as it is one of our
primar duty never to leave a commrad behind as long as we not know for sure
he/she is dead or beyond hope, to search  for any hints of her dissapearance.

One of the recruits found a trail, footprints that might be from her. As
it was our only hint and chance to find her we followed to trails leading into the nearby
desert. Several scorpions harpies and snakes charged at us as we made our way
from the eastern border of the desert to the west, to the holy shrine of Compassion.
With the time passing by the chance of finding Peggy grew smaller and smaller
and still no usefull hint or sign of her. On our way back we got aware of strange hole
in the sand forming in fornt of us out of nowhere. So maybe she was swallowed by such a
phenominal of the nature. Well it was a chance, a possible hint we had to investigate.

With utter fearlessness in the face of death we jumped down the hole and were ..
trapped as we had forgotten about leaving one up there to help us out again.
Having no choice we started to explore the cave we found ourself. The air was thick
and smelly as we slowly advanced trough the tunnel system. I saw from the corner
of my eye that the ground itself was moving or better said somthing under the ground.
Turning around we saw one ugly beast digging itself out from the sand and charged after
us with its dribbling fangs. Apparently that thing wasnt that smart,
attacking a Covain squad armed to their theeth. It quickly was taken out by us
but for one beast slayen another one showed up. Decending deeper into the cave we found
a room filled with strange, creepy looking slightly movin cocoon like thingens.
We decided to make a tactical retread from there and concentrate our search
for a way out of that stinkin hell.

Lucky we were to find exit we found ourself surround by massive trees in the middle
of a somewhat familiar forest. Familiar at least for Lance and me as we used to patrol
through that woods ages ago. The undead forest, hounted and infested by the foulest
of em undead witches which for sure wont need long to find any living beeing folish
enough travelling throu that area. So short after our eyes were blinded by the daylight
shining throu the leafy canopy the first boney hand reached after us trying to
roast us in unholy flames and suck the live out of our bodies. Standin side by side
we moved forward towards the road, like a massive spiked block striking everything
down coming within meele range.

The road back home ! We were save at last. Only the swampy area around Yew was between
us and the moongate back home and .. and the area around Stonekeep controlled by the
Yewish Guards . Well i was hoping not to attract their attention as i know from
my time in the services of the TelīMarian that em Yewish Guards sometimes
behave lets call it somewhat strange and slightly agrresive when bored.
Well seems that the Avatars light didnt shin on us that day as we straight ran into one of
their groups blocking the road near Stonekeep looking for anyone to lighten em purse.
Haa road fee! They surly needed em money for paying the next round of ale in the nearby tavern
but well we werent their to cause any trouble and payed .. better said Peggy payed.
Out from nowhere she suddenly stood right next to us with a grin in her face.
I should have been lucky about that circumstance but things never turn out the way
you think they will.

Anyway after we left the roadblock heading towards the moongate we made the failure
to split up the group. So out of my sight, Peggy and Lance had some trouble with a guard who,
as Lance told me, pushed Peggy and Lance maybe took the situation slightly to serious
and started to rumble with em guard which turned into a fight. As it turned out that guard
must have been slightly mad, cause after Lance returned to our group near the moongate
that guard started to attack the whole group. A trainee ( according to his badge and
equipment) attacked four of us. Only a madman could beleave to win such an encounter.
Well even at that point did we try not to show any hostility towards em guards and only
defended ourself untill reenforcement arrived from Stonekeep. It was the same group from
the roadblock including their commander. First Besieger Nottinburry was able to calm
the mad guardman down and made it possible for us to return back to Cove without any further
engagement from their side.

So that small patrol, as what it was planed, had turned into a odyssey at the end...

~~ End of report ~~
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 12:52:44 pm by Gimbly » Logged

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 01:08:30 pm »

Mad trainees, liches and ants. That's not a report Gimbly. It's a freakin' adventure!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 02:26:23 am »

An odyssey indeed!
Well written and detailed report.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: