Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:27:17 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Junior Trial ~ Buttons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Junior Trial ~ Buttons  (Read 5876 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:25:12 am »

Ahhh, the bearded one has finally gotten himself to a state where he can be considered for promotion, eh? Well, not any old fool makes it to the rank of Regular! Let's see what we can do to see if he's good enough.

Task One ~ Tentacle of the Leviathan

Legend tells of a great white sea-best that lives in the depths of Cove Bay! Research into the roots of this tale, find a way to lure the beast to the surface, and bring back one of its tentacles!
~ This is a difficult task! At least 5 other guardsmen must attend the fight against the beast, but you may wish for more.
~ You may wish to hire a boat in order to locate the beast.
~ Post a full report below this.

Task Two - Festivities!

There's been far too much negativity in Cove, what with the constant warfare, brigands, deamons, and such. I am tasking you with raising the mood in this town by organising a Festival to be held in Cove town!
~ You should arrange food, relaxation and entertainment for the citizens of Cove.
~ Show off the highlights of the festival in a report below!

Task Three - Interro-clubbing

While the Scouts are the eyes and ears of Cove, it's the Grenadier's job to root out and destroy threats from within the Army, and Cove. This requires Grenadiers to be competent in the arts of interrogation! To prove that you have a brain behind that bead, lead a training focused on interrogating suspicious persons. The training should cover the following:
~ Approaching a suspicious person.
~ Apprehending a suspicious person.
~ Clubbing a suspicious person.
~ Document the training in a full report below!

Let's see something Regular-worthy from you!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:35:53 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 05:26:38 pm »

S' ah lot of work to be done on this one, I'll get right on it!

*Signed*
Buttons

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:21:56 pm »

Task One ~ Tentacle of the Leviathan

Commanding Officer: Buttons GoodBeard, Bane of Sea Creatures
Guardsmen in Attendance:
Rita Whalebiter, Junior Guardsmen
Thomas Aylmer, Junior Guardsmen
Vaughn Goodwill, Guardsmen Recruit
Kent Keti Keke Kazami, Guardsmen Recruit
Averion, Guardsmen Recruit(Had to leave)
Cor'Vani, Guardsmen Recruit

Anna, Boat Driver/Net Thrower/Bait
Suzy Fairweather, Died of Seasickness
Railen, Was Helpful

----Buttons Amazing Sea Adventure----

Guards and civilians, men and women alike were gathered! We would need as many people as the squid had tentacles if we were going to survive! Anna, being experienced with fish, brought along a boat and ensnaring devices. We brought along pirate hats.

Once ready, I began the motivational speech and explained the plan. Ready to bring the fight to the sea beasts then back to land, we got on the boat.
The rest happened in carefully planned stages.

--Stage One [The Message]--

We went out to sea, tossed a few nets in, and  stirred up the creatures, mostly for a warm up. Waves of kraken, serpents and other water related things came at us, but we fought them off of our boat! We had bouts of casual banter between the net throwings, not one wave able to break us! No Leviathan yet, but we were hoping. And then it showed up!

We initiated Operation: HBR but to no success. The squids being surprisingly intelligent boxed us in and smashed us one by one.. After playing dead for a while, the shrimp left us and we drifted back to shore.

--Stage Two [The Second Stage]--

Having barely made it out of alive, we had to regroup. Supplies were gathered and the weak left. Mages gathered herbs, and Rita's annoying dad gave us a last shot net! Railen also joined us. At this point the intricately planned stages were introduced.

I explained to them that minor engagement was merely a way of getting a message across the Leviathan:
"We aren't going to take any more of your crap, Leviathan!"
And that we'd be going back to finish the fight!

--Stage Three [The Finishing]--

We searched the bay but found no Leviathan, but we knew in our hearts it wanted more! So we tossed the net in with the most delicious bait, "our dignity," and sure enough it came to devour us. But we escaped to the shore successfully and it was not long before the creature died at our feet.

-------------------------------

The Covian fishing business has been restored,
And the families of fisherman are recovering from their losses.

Trophy Collected ~ Tentacle of the Leviathan
Gold Collected ~  Eight Thousand Pieces
Other Things Collected ~
Sea Serpent Skin.
Sea Serpent Scales.
Maps, and a Bottle or two.
Rope.

*Signed*
Buttons

Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:29:20 pm »

Gah Buttons its spelled Keitaro!....

*signed*
Keitaro Kazami

Jack: "Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
Diadarma: "If you don't want it.. give it back."
*Silence*
Jack: "No" *hugs the jar of dirt*
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 12:37:17 pm »

Good work Grenadier!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:28:36 pm »

35 Shillings awarded ~ Anna Jones
25 Shillings awarded ~ Railen
15 Shillings awarded ~ Suzy Fairweather

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 02:24:56 am »

Bump.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 02:25:47 am »

Task Two - Festivities

Today we celebrated my finally getting around to my trials!  The Festival was held in Covetown and began with a festival oriented repair hour.

Many came to repair their armor as they always do on Sunday. Penny, Mai and Mat were there to run things. Special guests would include Gabriel as a woman, and another me who was extremely annoying. Things then went to the parade at the docks. Vaughn was promoted into the scouts, and Faden was promoted to Regular by the Baron! Things were going fine until a mob of people swept through the festival, taking everyone off on some royalist mission to kill dragon orcs. But I stayed to watch over our things.

Mai watched over the bar and kept customers busy until Mat came back with ale. I took a few guards who had stuck around to play Bulldog. Bloodboxes were also set up to keep fighters busy. Things were fairly quiet until Mai started her pie eating contest which drew a champion. Something Wilkes, of Yew won by eating the fastest, He won even more by eating ALL the pies. We gave him a horn full of food and a crate full of pie as a reward. Faden won for most interesting eating, so we gave him some feathers.

Things went alright considering the entire world had to go do something else. Thanks to all who attended and special thanks to Mat for the bar. Extra special thanks to Mai and Penny for helping me set up and inspiring me to get it done.

*Signed*
Buttons, Junior Grenadier

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 06:43:05 pm »

Damn fine work Buttons!

That Staple Belt is so close you can taste it.

Don't fail us now Grenadier!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 02:31:24 am »

I believe some shillings should be awarded to those who helped me Sir, the contributions of my civilian assistance was more than noteworthy.

*Signed*
Buttons, Junioer Grenadier

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 10:25:11 am »

Of course Junior.

25 Shillings awarded ~ Penny Freckletip
25 Shillings awarded ~ Maibaum Holzfee
25 Shillings awarded ~ PenMat ShadowHand

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 04:41:46 am »

Task Three ~ Interro-Clubbing

Commanding Officer: Buttons, Junior Grenadier
Guardsmen in Attendance:
Rita Whalebiter, Junior Guardsmen
Bersi, Junior Guardsmen
Cor’Vani, Junior Guardsmen(Perhaps)
Gabriel Drachen, Junior Guardsmen(Late)

Note – the original report I made was lost, I then spent several months trying to find it with no success. This is my second third attempt and my memory may not be so sharp…

The lessons
Approaching a suspicious person
It was established that clubbing the suspected drow immediately would end up being futile. The alternative solution was to approach disarmed and friendly-ish then ask the standard; “Name and business in Cove” The importance of making your position as a guard clear and not being overly nice was noted. The suspect might co-operate with you once in a while, and can be let off. And he can also end up being mouthy and disobedient. If the suspect continues to be mouthy as you ask a few more simple questions it’s the time to deal with them.

Apprehending a suspicious person
Try to ask them to come peacefully, generally this stage isn’t to arrest them, it’s just so they’ll shut up then you can let them go. However it tends to end in violence so having a partner with you is helpful. If they don’t agree to come nicely for a little chat you can shackle them. Once if you get attacked while trying to arrest, beat the shite out of them and give them the punishment for assault.

Clubbing/Interrogating a suspicious person
Once you’ve got them in the cells, you can start talking to them. Assuming they’ve gone down the mouthy path, still haven’t explained who they are and have attacked you, you have to find these things out. Now you’re interrogating them. We went over an interesting technique of interrogation invented by Raven a while back. “Good merc, Bad merc” he called it. Basically one of you tries to be calm and level headed with the prisoner. The other constantly tries to kill him. If it works out well the prisoner might just start talking to the good merc out of fear of the bad merc. If all of your interrogation techniques fail you can resort to a good beating, and if they don’t talk just throw them in the bay or something. We ended it with a club only free for all. Someone won that.
*Disclaimer – I do not endorse the abuse of prisoners.

Images, in no order

*Signed*
Buttons, Junior Grenadier

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length