Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 07:17:42 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Medical Record: "Mischief" A.K.A. Jane Doe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Medical Record: "Mischief" A.K.A. Jane Doe  (Read 1357 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: October 05, 2009, 02:25:44 am »

Subject Name: "Mischief" A.K.A Jane Doe
Race: Human
Height: Undetermined
Weight: Undetermined
Hair: Bloodcaked
Eye: Undetermined
Initial Condition: Comatose

Upon inspection of the injured subject, it was obvious some head wound had befallen her. What precisely caused the injury is unknown. Blood lose and obvious brain trauma had caused total unconsciousness and irregular respiration. Without medical attention the subject would die within the night. I made preparations for emergency surgery.

The procedure consisted of drilling and chipping a two centimeter hole into the frontal portion of her skull. Though the procedure itself is dangerous the status of the subject made anything less a death sentence. It is my hope that pressure will be relieved from her brain so that she will survive. Though she shall be put to death in only a number of days. I sincerely doubt she will be conscious or even mildly coherent at her trial and execution. The wound will take weeks to heal fully, and brain function, if not permanently damaged shall be slow in recovery. Even in a subject under constant medical care the hole I have drilled will need careful tending if she is to live or even regain her consciousness. It is discusting to save a life only to see it destroyed, being called in on this matter has pained me as a professional, it would have been better that I drive the drill into her brain, even so. She likely will not awake before the flames consume her.

In conclusion:

Subjects chance of regaining consciousness are slim, had she been treated immediately after receiving her wound more might of been done. Subjects having this surgery performed have a 90% mortality rate when left unattended by physicians. When in the care of capable physicians the mortality rate rises to a marginally better 60%. The professional opinion of this physician is that she will not regain consciousness and further medical treatment would be wasted. May Higher Being have mercy upon her soul, and mine. Aumen.

*Report is sealed with wax stating the date and physician name*

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:59:58 am »

A fine display of yer skills Kobra.

Seems she made a swifter recovery than any of us thought possible.

Next  time we'll just leave her to die eh?

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length