Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:09:39 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Command Task ~ Aliryl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Command Task ~ Aliryl  (Read 1917 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:11:26 pm »

Greetings Recruit,

With the dissolution of the Northern alliance and aggresive posturing by the Vesperians every chance they get we need to keep a keen eye on their movements.

We may well have given them a damned good thrashing in the recent conflict in Vesper but it seems ter me that they're spoiling fer a fight... And if they nay watch out, we might just give it to them!

Therefore I'm tasking ye lass ter gather the following information:

Mapping ~ We need an updated map of Vesper for the Map Folder. Mark all notable military and civil buildings on the map along with anything else of interest.

Surveying Strength ~ Take note of any Vesperian militiamen you see about the town. What is the milita's strength in numbers? Is the militia's strength their mages, bowmen or melee fighters?

A Divided City? ~ What are the relations between our former allies of the Trade Union and the new Chancellor andd Captain? Is there still bad feeling between the parties? Is this something we can exploit?

Rum & Rumours ~ It's amazing what information can be learned from drunken gossips. Visit the Swaggers and see what you can learn about the activities of the Vesper Trading Company and in particular the cripple Kiran and anything else about the town.

Good luck lass.

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:38:13 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 10:10:22 pm »

Mapping

I felt I should make a start on this task and thought that mapping the area would be a good place to begin.  I have noted both Vesper Militia Buildings, S&K Trading buildings as well as Civilian ones.  I also included a few buildings that would be very important to the Vesperian Military such as Weapons and Armour forges.

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:43 pm »

Surverying Strength

Whilst I was out mapping the town I came across a large group of the Vesper Army, there was evidence around that they had been training.  I also noticed amongst them two members of the S&K trading company.

From where I was stood I could not risk getting any closer for a better look at what they were doing.  I shall make a further report on this when I have some more note worthy information.

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:16:25 am »

Rum and Rumours

I decided tonight I would head out and try my luck at the Swaggers, I also thought I would try one of my new disguises, though I do not think it was too convincing.

The tavern was empty to begin with but as Dirk promised more would soon arrive and so they did.  I tried to gather some information by asking a few questions outright, pretending to be the visitor who just wanted to know about the tavern.  To them the Yewish are welcome if they just buy drinks and pay their way.   There was the mention of Kiran as a past owner but the current one denied he had anything to do with the tavern other than getting drunk there.

I was about to leave when Devante and then Escaflowne turned up.  The Vesperian army had been having a tournament, due to having nothing else to do,  which Devante's men had happily taken part in.  So much like the training I had witnessed it seems the Trading company are happy with how things stand and more than willing to be alongside the current Vesperian leader.

*signed neatly*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:37:49 am »

A Divided City?

From the information ye have gleaned from yer undercover work in the Swaggers and from my own recent conversations with Van and Devante there when taking Railen to recuperate and see her friends it's clear that the city may not be as divided as it first appeared after the elections.

I don't think Van has much sway in Vesper anymore but as always the Swaggers will remain a neutral venue as long as we do not invade Vesper itself.

As for Devante, it appears he has been bought off with a role as advisor to Chancellor Escaflowne. When I asked him if his archers would fight alongside the militia he confirmed that they would and as ye have already surmised lass, they train with the militia regularly.

I'm still unsure whether Devante's forces would act aggressively against Cove but they would most certainly fight to defend Vesper from any aggression, though that of course is nay our desire.

We just want our land back.

Grand work lass.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length