Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:30:57 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trial ~ Torrak Keres
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trial ~ Torrak Keres  (Read 2308 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:41:24 pm »

Greetings Sergeant,

Fancy yerself as one of the Baron's Own eh? Well... Many have tried and many have died during their Grenadier Trials. So let's see how ye fare.

Sergeant Keres, here are your trials:

Discipline.

You will lead a thorough training session. Sounds easy don't it? Well let me elaborate... You will lead a thorough training session including physical exercise, kit and uniform examination, parade and battle orders as will as a theory lesson and practical on an aspect of warfare that you deem fitting, whether it be weapons or tactics related is up to you. Conclude the session with a free for all or teamed combat!

Punish the tardy or those without their kit.

Conditions.

- At least 5 guardsmen will attend the training session.
- You will show evidence in your report that all the points stated above have been covered during the training session.
- Post a full report below.

Brotherhood.

Grenadiers are famed for the brotherhood they share. This bond can only be created under extreme circumstances and through many campaigns and acts of heroism. It is hard for someone outside the squad to truly understand what it is to be a Grenadier and also to understand the bond they share with their Baron. However, a glass or two of Trinsican Red is usually enough for our liege to regail folk with tales of Grenadier prowess and lore. This should offer you a little insight into what it is to be and what it takes to become a Grenadier.

Conditions.

- Gather the men and make arrangements for the Baron to accompany you also on a trip to the Trinsic Rose tavern.
- You will ensure the Baron's safety at all times and that the glasses of Trinsican Red keep flowing so that he may recall Grenadier tales of yor.
- At least 4 other guardsmen AND the Baron must accompany you on your trip. Invite Covian civilians too so that they may learn of the Grenadiers.
- Post a full report of the event below outlining what you have learned about the Grenadier brotherhood.

Ability To Fight.

One of the most famous Grenadiers of all, the great Erik Arkay devised a cunning tactic to enable outmatched warriors take down the most fearsome of beasts. "The Arkay Tactic" or "Arkay's Box Formation" as it is also known is still used to good effect to this day. You will need to make use of it as ye collect The Golden Tooth Of A Balron Lord for the Baron's trophy collection.

Conditions.

- Lead a hunt to slay a golden balron.
- At least 5 other guardsmen must accompany you on this hunt, though I would advise taking more.
- Post a full report below showing the dead carcass of the golden balron.

Loyalty.

Once all the above tasks have been completed you will swear your fealty to the Baron and the Grenadiers by taking the Grenadier Oath.

Good luck Keres. You'll need it.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:09:08 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:05:03 am »

Brotherhood and Discipline completed, reports forthcoming.

- Sgt. Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 12:40:35 am »

Discipline

Leading: Torrak Keres, Sergeant
Attended: Kal Shadowhand, Officer Cadet
                 Elizabeth Martin, Officer Cadet
                 Leander Le Blanc, Junior Guardsman
                 Celuvian Haap, Junior Guardsman
                 Thomas Aylmer, Guardsman Recruit
                 Me'an Silen, Guardsman Recruit

Seeing that most of the men who were still awake were just lounging around like fools, and remembering that I still had my trials to do, and recallin' that the men are rubbish after spending so long as mercenaries...

...I decided t'put 'em through a good old Keres Training!!!!

I gathered the men up on the roof, and dismissed the faint of heart (most of them left, leaving us initially understrength, but hearing of the greatness of my training session more soon arrived to replace them), then started right in.

While we waited for more to arrive, I set into Parade Commands, which I'm happy to say the men performed well. After a few minutes doing this, I reviewed my orders and decided it was time for some of my famous physical training, popularly known as "Hell";

"Run ten laps, stopping in each corner to do one jumping jack and one push up before jogging to the next corner to repeat this process."

I then moved on to checking the men's uniforms...! Haap and Pickles' uniforms were flawless, but everyone else's were rubbish. If they havent repaired 'em by the next time I see them I'm givin' 'em fifty laps for disrespecting their uniforms.

Kits were...interesting. I had to force Pickles to run to the provisioner to get a proper torch (spellbook does not = torch), most of the men had bandages - but too few. Kal had more than I could count. As for bedrolls, all but two had proper bedrolls, and the remaining two were given orders to get them as soon as the Training was over.

We finished up with a bit of crosshealing practice, which the men performed superbly at, shortly followed by a 3v3 teamed battle and a 2v2v2. Over all, everyone did fairly well.

BUT THATS NO EXCUSE TO SLACK OFF!!!!!

*signed*
Sergeant Keres

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:55:36 am »

Walking the Baron

Brotherhood

Atttended: Octiovus von Richter, Baron of Cove
                  Raven, Regular Guardsman
                  Delferium "Buttons", Junior Guardsman
                  Leander Le Blanc, Junior Guardsman
                  Sparrow, Guardsman Recruit
                  Jassi Cowin, Guardsman Recruit
                  Lenny Frostblade, Wine Tester (Killed In Action)

Spotting the Baron milling about standing heroically on the Barracks steps, I siezed the opportunity to perform the second part of my Trials. I quickly grabbed those Guardsmen present at the time and inquired as to the Baron's wine supply.

He said he was running low. Obviously, this was unacceptable.

Therefore, in a show of Covian greatness, we elected to break into visit the Trinsic Rose and steal purchase a few bottles of Trinsic Red for our beloved Liege. We spotted some wine sitting out on a table and had Recruit Frostblade taste it. He said it was rubbish, and that it upset his stomach, so we sent him home.

He reportedly exploded.(Another grand Covian Victory.)

Once the Baron was comfortable and non-explosive wine was secured for him, he began to tell us of legendary Grenadiers such as Ahmed, Hrothgar, and Gimbly - Covian Heroes all. Ahmed was a master tactician, who moved so slowly that his foes often though he was dead. That is, before he mounted a lightning assault! Gimbly once destroyed an entire Orcish fleet with nothing but the sun's reflection off his bald head. The Baron and I, after much discussion, decided that it might be prudent for me to shave my head upon becoming a Grenadier. Next, there was Hrothgar, who was allegedly searching for a wife for the Baron before he died the second time.

The conversation briefly moved to former Commander Shadwell, who is said to have been used for firewood on several occaisons.

As we walked the Baron home, we stumbled upon a troll, which the men the Baron personally slew with great skill. Chelmsford 6472 is Avenged, Long Live the Baron.

*Signed*
Torrak Keres, Sergeant

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 03:09:43 am »

Ability To Fight

Attended: Kal Shadowhand, Officer Cadet
               Raven, Regular Guardsman
               Leance Le Blanc, Junior Guardsman
               Keane Wakefield, Watchman
               Leith Keres, Guardsman Recruit
               Sparrow, Guardsman recruit
               Ileona, Civilian (Friend of Kal's)

Succeeding where everyone else has failed, the above group, led by me, has managed to locate and slay (without a single casualty) a Balron Lord!

Braggin' rights aside, heres how we did it;

We tore through the outer defenses of the Blood Dungeon.
We ripped through the hordes if imps and skeletons in the valley.
We tripped down the stairs of the entrance.
We were nearly trampled by the Balron Lord that awaited.
We came, we saw, we formed an Arkay Square.
We mowed the beast down with a flurry of bolts (some of the magical variety).

Everyone performed well, and the Square never wavered once. Watchman Wakefield bravely withstood the Balron's assault while Leander, Raven, Ileona, and I lodged bolt after bolt in the beast's flesh, and Kal and Leith assisted Sparrow in maintaining the shell.

It took some time, but eventually the beast was slain and my halberd claimed its tooth as a trophy. As instructed, I included a sketch of the beast's corpse above.

*Signed*
Torrak Keres, Sergeant

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 02:30:12 pm »

Good work Keres.

One of the golden buggers showed itself at last eh?

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 10:47:37 am »

[ Walks buy stopping to read the report ]

*Pulls out a Quill, Dips it in Ink and writes*

I would have to say that Torrak did indeed preform his Trial with some Covian Swagger. He led by example, and did not fail in his leadership. Even though his trials were for the Grenadiers, I say they should have been for the Scouts.

Well done Torrak Ye are a grand leader and I am proud to fight by your side.

Signed Officer Cadet: Shadowhand

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length