Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:38:04 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trials ~ Raven
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trials ~ Raven  (Read 2642 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2009, 01:58:28 am »

Greetings Regular Raven,

Your application f'the Grenadiers has been noted, and it relies greatly on you completing the following tasks, before we'll consider you further!

Regular Raven, here are your trials:

Discipline.

Ah' seen how great you fight in many battles Raven, and it's time t'pass on your knowledge t'the others in the Army. You are t'lead a creative training session, emphasising on team work and cross-healing practice and theory.

Try not t'make it a walk in the park.

Conditions.

- At least 5 guardsmen will attend the training session.
- You will show evidence in your report that all the points stated above have been covered during the training session.
- Post a full report below.

Brotherhood.

To truly appreciate the Grenadier brotherhood you have to be part of it, but to help you settle into your new squad seek out three Grenadiers and try to find out what makes them tick.

Conditions.

- Interview 3 Grenadiers.
- Find out information such as place of birth, family, motivation for joining Covian army, motivation for becoming a Grenadier and anything else you might think is useful.

Ability To Fight.

As used earlier in my own tasks, the Arkay formation proved to be very effective against the golden Balron. You are to use this formation t'take down a greater foe. Collect The Invisible Tooth Of A Shadow Wyrm for the Baron's trophy collection.

Conditions.

- Lead a hunt to slay a golden balron.
- At least 4 other guardsmen must accompany you on this hunt, though I would advise taking more.
- Post a full report below showing the dead carcass of the golden balron.

Loyalty.

Once all the above tasks have been completed you will swear your fealty to the Baron and the Grenadiers by taking the Grenadier Oath.

Good luck Raven. You'll need it.

*signed*

Torrak Keres, Grenadier Sergeant.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:47:23 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 02:01:28 am »

Ah' seen how great you fight in many battles Raven, and it's time t'pass on your knowledge t'the others in the Army.

Nice of you t'say so sir!

I'll head to it right away.

Raven

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:24:52 pm »

Brotherhood

Torrak Keres:

Raiden Morana:

Marcus Tel'var:

Raven

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:35:40 pm »

Discipline:

Present:

Marcus Tel'var
Jassi Cowin
Kardiez D'Ventri
Kal ShadowHand
Thomas Aylmer

The training consisted of the art of healing while moving, to help show the importance of moving as a unit and keeping close t'each other, I devised three exercises.

One was a track around the perimeter of the Arena. By firing arrows at the group that circled the track, making them have to heal while moving. T' twist was that they were unable to hold a weapon, or heal themselves.

The second was t' have a 'healer' and a 'target' in a pair, with two people firing at the 'target' while the 'healer' heals. The twist was, the target had t'run from the healer, and when 'Switch' was called out, the roles between healer and target would be changed.

The third exercise involved a target being chased and attacked by the rest of the party, and the rest of the party had to attack, and heal him.

These exercises showed how important it is to stay close, and I hope they improved their healing and running simultaneous ability.

I will relay this training out to at least two more guards.

Raven

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:47:04 pm by Raven » Logged

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:18:47 pm »

Ability To Fight.

Present:

Abigail Keres
Kal ShadowHand
Kurt
Kardiez D'Venci
Marcus Kobra

Overview:

The hunt started interestingly, after Kurt's training session, those who were present at both should have been very well prepared f'the conflict ahead.

'Big ail, portalled us t'Destard, and from there we roamed through the cavern, meeting many foes, of various diffculty. we had to twice retract our assault t'the safety of day light due t'the overwhelming anger of the Dragon, but we twice returned and fought our way further in.

We headed t'the point of the Shadow Wyrm, and formed t'Arkay manoeuvre within some crags in the wall. It went surprisingly well, and the Wyrm fell quickly.

We raised a total of 19,000 coins, of which, 15 went t' coffers as 'Bigail, and Kardiez donating theirs, an' Kurt forfeiting his by leavin t'line up without being dismissed, and in a foul mood. Likely t'do with the presence of a Waywatcher.

Sketches:

Raven

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 11:44:54 pm »

Damn fine work Raven.

Swear yer oath and the bronze'll be yers on Sunday.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length