Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:06:49 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trial: Falconheart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trial: Falconheart  (Read 4555 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:05:37 am »

Grenadier Trial: Falconheart

Raiden and Eve sat in the Grenadier HQ and poured over paperwork late into the night, a half empty bottle of Vesperian Red on the table.

"Look at this my love, Falconheart is a Junior at last!"

"Har! Grand! He's a very steady soldier. Let's see if we can't test his mettle eh?"

Greetings Junior Falconheart,

I have been impressed with your commitment in trainings and general duty, let's see if you have what it takes to be a Grenadier!

Here are your trials...

TASK ONE.

Show us what you're made of Falc'. Display your leadership and ability to fight by leading an expedition to Tokuno to slay the vile Yamadon that dwells there. Hack off it's head and bring back one of it's horns for the glory of the Baron!

At least 6 other guardsman must join you on this mission, though more may be advisable.
Collect 20,000 coins for the coffers.
Post a full report in this thread.

TASK TWO.

All work and no play makes for a dull Grenadier! Work hard and play hard too I say! Arrange a tavern night for your fellow guardsmen so they can blow off a little steam. Be sure to extend an invite to the Baron too, he likes a drop of the red stuff!

The Goblin has just undergone some refurbishment recently so it will be good to get everyone there. Be sure to supply some entertainment be it a lottery or darts competition etc.

At least 5 other Covians must attend your tavern night, the Baron too if possible.
Be sure to display plenty of Grenadier swagger to ensure a good time is had by all.

TASK THREE.

Grenadiers are notorious sticklers for  discipline. Organise a high altitude training session on the peaks of the Covetous Mountains. Put each of the guardsmen in attendance through a gruelling physical workout.  Begin with a warm up, then enter the Covetous mountains, fighting the creatures within, until you reach the passage that leads to the upper dungeon. Once there you will lead a gruelling training session, including activities such as climbing, bare knuckle fighting, and heavy rock lifting. You could even take some pickaxes and have them hack at the mountain side!

At least 6 guardsmen must attend the training session.
End the session with a last man standing.

TASK FOUR.

When all your tasks are complete, swear the Grenadier oath in the presence of the Baron.

Good luck Junior!

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 05:01:17 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 03:03:40 pm »

Will do suh! I will to the upmost of my ability try to complete this task as fast as I can

*signed* Falconheart, Junior Guardsman in the Covian Army

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 05:43:14 am »

Task number one for my Grenadier trial to slay the Yamandon on the Island of Tokuno

Leading guardsman: Falconheart - Junior guardsman

Attending guardsman

Arma Renox - Commodore
Brandy Arrowsnap - Watchman
Kal shadowhand - Church Servant
Sean Greyson - Guardsman Recruit
Hoagie - Dragoon Sergant
Celuvian haap - watchman
Mela Akray - Scout sergant
Eve - Officer cadet
Olchafe Serpant - Regular Scout

'ello Suh!

I completed my first task in eliminating the most feared creature on the Island of Tokuno....The Yamandon!
Forgive me suh for not writing the report myself but I needed all my wits, and for one thing both hands to complete this ordeal.
In the beginning I discussed tactics first while we where lined up at the barracks. I emphasized quite clearly that the classical Covian tactic of cross healing will not work against an enemy that can poison many targets at the same time. For the archers including myself I ordered the use of the bow to freeze this critter so the other members of our force can heal up there wounds.
We had to use skirmish tactics on the Yamandon.
As Watchman Brandy pointed out our troops did a fantastic job out there! I do like to point out another thing *grins*
After we sent the second Yamandon to his ancestors I ordered our troops in a slow retreat back home.
It seemed the army was weary and tired...Well dodging a fast critter like the Yamandon can be very exhausting . And because of that some of the orders I gave were not carried out to a full extent.
Well after I had them run ten laps around a local shrine their concentration improved dramatically *rubs chin and grins*
After that my orders where immediately carried out. We made it back to the barracks with high spirits where I dismissed this force. Erm well yes I do have a few scetches with the compliments of our Watchman, Brandy arrowsnap

« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 05:22:16 am by Falconheart » Logged

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 08:55:09 am »

Any sketches to share Falconheart?

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 11:41:25 am »

Good job Falc', a fine start to yer trials.

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 08:15:11 am »

Task number three on my grenadier trials:

Discipline and physical training for members of the Covian army in the mountain range of Covetous and inside the caves

Leading guardsman: Falconheart - Junior guardsman

Attending guardsman:

Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Flina Trix, Junior Dragoon (had to leave due to important business)
Marcus Tel'var, Watchman
Ihiniar Tel'var, Watchman
Ike Poof, Guardsman Recruit
Decker, Guardsman Recruit

For my third trial to achieve the grenadier arms I lead discipline and physical training to the Covetous heights.
I decided that no soldier be wearing armor and only carrying one weopon of choice and enough bandages.
Well they all did wear their standard issue Covian uniform. I didnt want to provoke any gossiping from our neighbors!
After I made sure no Covian soldier was wearing any armor and had enough bandages with them we marched to Covetous.
On the way I had the 'cruits cut down some trees to obtain some logs.

Well after I urged the 'cruits to cut a bit faster ...which they did *grins* We had enough logs to continue our march to Covetous, where eventually we finally arrived

I had the group march uphill where they placed the logs in front of them..Then I ordered them to push the logs downhill...which they did. One of the 'cruits I ordered to hit the mountain with a pickaxe In the meantime waited downhill for them

Well it came out that both of our Sargeants came out being the first to reach the bottom of the mountain.
But I did notice one thing...Our soldiers had problems pushing the logs downhill as the logs constantly rolled away from them.....

So I decided to help my weary and tired fellow soldiers but letting them doing the easy part. By pushing the log uphill. This way the soldiers didnt have to worry about the logs rolling away from them
For some reason they did not quite agree with my plan. I had to *coughs* alter the painting a bit because I nay want to repeat what their remarks where as they pushed the logs uphill

Well after we they worked up some sweat, I wanted to find out how well a Covian soldier will fight even though they have no armor on. It greatly acceeded my expectations

We literally went on a rampage inside Covetous!!

Well we they did notice that the situation was getting increasingly hot in there..We must remember none of us was wearing armor..Well some of us have hardened skin *grins*

Then we reached the entrance of the most dreaded spot in Covetous....the realm of the undead...So I decided to cleanse this cursed dwelling with fire

Well after we briefly entered their hidous cave I decided for a tacticle retreat as the odds were just too great...even with full armor it would have been extremly difficul, as the undeads where blasting us with their undead spells.

Well then I reckoned it was enough discipline and phsical training for the day and besides according to my trial I still had a "last man standing" to do at the barracks.
I then immediately gave order to return home as quickly as possible... How wrong was I with my judgement!!
I assumed everyone understood the command to take the easy way back through the easier parts of Covetous...Well our senior soldiers did of course...It seemed that at least one of the`cruits took the other way *coughs* and got himself into some dire trouble. Another lesson for me on my path to the grenadiers...Never assume  anything

Well thanks to my mentor, grenadier Sargeant Raiden Morana we got them 'cruits back safely to our Covian homeland.
But unfortunately, a last man standing was nay longer possible as everyone even our senior guardsmen where exhausted So I dismissed the group. Suh! I promise I will make up for the missing last man standing on my next task for my grenadier trials.

Hope I made this task anyway Sarge!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:15:20 pm by Falconheart » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 02:50:47 pm »

Nay worries Falc', it was a fine workout indeed.

With some of the men getting cut off and me 'avin' ter drag 'em back to Cove time was short and the men's energies shorter.

Now let's get that tavern night sorted so we can have some fun eh!?

Good work Junior.

*signed*

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 03:10:55 pm »

'ello Sarge! This be the report for my last task to be a proud member of the Baron's own!...

Guardsman paying the coin at the Goblin's Falconheart, Junior Guardsman in the Covian Army

Handin' out lots of ale Miss Teagan Graynor

Guardsmen, Citizens and others, attending

Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Drachir, Regular Scout
Kelly, Scout Corporal
Khaelieth, Citizen
farfar, Master bumscratcherCitizen
A 'cruit ...Forgot his or her damn name suh!
A bear...*scratches head* Kinda showed up suh!

*Is tormented by a terrible headache*  My last task was to stage a Tavern night with fellow guardsmen.
I did send a pidgeon to our liege inviting him to attend this event. But I fear it nay reached him as my pidgeon did not return to me.
Most likely  was preyed on by a band of hungry Orcs!
As I stated before I wanted the guardsmen to earn there ale. So I invited the attending guardsmen  to accompany me on our lil' ole trip to Doom dungeon before getting their share of free ale!
It turned out not all guardsmen or citizens where stupid dumb had time enough to accompany us to Doom.
Well of course they to where invited! One especially smart citizen by the name of Farfar was already waiting for us after the hunt in Doom.
Fer some reason I was nay surprised to find him here.

He insured to us that no unlikely invasion of Orcs against Cove accured while we where away and vowed to run away defend our homeland with his life!

Our citizen Khaelieth instantly opened up with some strange remarks about a citizen of Cove with a drinking problem?
Of course I thought about Farfar it must be some fatigue after our hunt in Doom.

It seemed that Khaelieth was actually talking 'bout Sargeant Raident! Even with a large amount of Ale impairing my senses I still noticed that it was time to change the subject a bit, as the Sarge was getting more intense

Then through my blurred vision things were getting heated up! I tried to calm them down by ordering some more ale and try some swagger about our feat in Doom

Then suddently I could nay 'ear what they said they started grinning and chuckling...In between Farfar who cant hear shit who didnt quite comprehend the situation..Well to be honest me neither to be honest. All I could do is order some more ale!

Well Khaelieth left suddenly promising to come back and we did actually get to do a bit of Covian swagger. In between Farfar braggin how he violently defended the tavernour homeland against any Orcish attack

And then...a bear? Well he just happened to be there

Farfar trying to give me an education in animal lore. 

Our unusual guest suddenly had an interest in Dragoon Sargeant Hoagie and one of the scouts...couldnt recall the name or remember the face due to the fact that I was reaching a point where my memory was fading.
And besides those scouts all look alike!

One of the last things I remember was that this fox bear went behind the counter into the kitchen or whatever *shruggs* and made alot of noise
Meh hopes Teagan Graynor didnt have to clean up that much the next day. Well lukily they werent a band of Orcs behind the counter...thanks to Farfar for valliantly defending the inn while we where at Doom

The really last thing I could remember was Khaelieth talking to the Sarge saying some strange things

Well Sarge this hopefully be my last task to obtain the arms of the Baron's own! Forgive me for that some of the paintings where a bit hazy at the end! And I still cant remember the name of that 'cruit that attended!
I am not used to that large amount of ale!

For the Baron!

*signed* Falconheart,Junior Guardsman in the Covian Army
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:46:11 am by Falconheart » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 09:37:09 am »

Well done Falc'!

I reckon me, you, Kelly, Dem' and Khae' deserved that drink after slaying the Bone Daemon earlier.

*winks*

Seek me out to swear your oath and your trials will be complete.

*signed*

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 04:56:25 pm »

Later this Afternoon I recieved a pidgeon from the Sarge to get my lazy ass to the Grenadier headquarter!
Of course I hastly followed suit! When I came to the headquarters instead of meeting an angry Grenadier Sargeant, I meet a Grenadier Sargeant grinning broadly. Well I didnt quite trust the situation because of the pidgeon he sent me.

Smiling he said: Swear the Grenadier Oath!!

I carefully recited the words...hopefully not saying or pronouncing them wrong! Well the Sarge made sure I said the words correctly! I was extremely nervous! With a little help I got the words right!

Then proudly I spoke the words!

And then Grenadier Sargeant Raiden Morana congratulated me!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 05:27:35 pm by Falconheart » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 05:00:37 pm »

Welcome to the Brotherhood Falc'.

*signed*

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 05:28:33 pm »

Welcome to the Brotherhood Falc'.

*signed*

Many thanks suh for allowing me to join the Baron's own! *salutes*

Radek Wilkes