Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:13:18 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETED] Grenadier Trial: Marcus Tel'var
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Grenadier Trial: Marcus Tel'var  (Read 4240 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:49:52 am »

*Grenadier Corporal Eve unpinned a rather old looking notice from the Grenadier Headquarters message board and thrust it in front of Raiden*

Bloody 'ell... Well he's passed his Watchman's trials now so he has nay excuse!

Greetings Marcus,

Junior at last eh!?

Well you made a start on these trials some time ago.
So if you still want those bronze arms, now is the time!

Here are your trials.

Discipline - The Task

Discipline on the field of battle can mean the difference between life and death.
Not just for you, but for your comrades too.

Lead a training session concentrating on the defensive box formation often employed by the Grenadiers in battle. Instruct those attending on where to stand depending on their weapon of choice as well as the importance of cross healing and tactical use of special moves.

Also be sure to pass on your knowledge of Arkay's variation of this formation (Arkay's Box!) and it's use against some of the land's most fierce monsters.

Conditions

At least 3 other guardsman must form the defensive block, though more would be better.
Make sure the block understands it's role fully before ending the session.
Discuss the "Arkay's Box Manouvre."
Post a full report including drawings in this thread.

Brotherhood - The Task

Lead an expedition to the ant caves to fight the mighty ant lions. Bring back as much of the bronze ore they covet as your squad can carry so that the famous bronze Grenadier armour can be forged for you and your Brothers.

Conditions

At least 3 other Guardsmen must join you on this mission.
Bring back all the bronze your party can carry, leave the coins they are secondary to this mission.

Ability To Fight - The Task

Lead an expedition into the lands of Ilshenar. Seek out the lair of the birdwomen there and give them a damn good thrashing. Bring back all the feathers and loot you can carry.

Conditions

At least 3 other guardsmen must accompany you on this mission.
Bring back no less than 3,000 feathers.
Share the feathers between the Scouts, stores and Grenadiers upon your return.

Loyalty - The Task

Baron Octiovus Von Richter, has requested that a small package be delivered on foot, to the noble Lord Jeremy who resides in the town hall of Skara Brae.  No questions regarding this package are to be asked and on no account are ye to open this package. Once the package has been safely delivered you may return to Cove however you see fit.

Conditions

This task will be done alone and on foot.
The use of portals and spells is not permitted, the contents will likely be affected by such magics.
Report anything of note that may arise on your errand.

Once all these tasks are complete seek out the Baron or myself to swear the Grenadier Oath.

Good luck Tel'var! Go earn those arms!

*Signed and stamped with the Grenadier Seal*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:49:07 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Marcus / Straeban
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:56:58 am »

(The Package for Jeremy)

I was sitting at the place I now call home when a pigeon landed on my showlder with a message on it. I took the message and read it,Marcus meet me at the Grenadiers HeadQuarters now. Signed Yer Mentor.

I gathered my things and then headed there as fast as i could. Upon ariving I noticed that I had beaten her there so I waited outside for her, and the wait was nay too long, as I was about to sit on the steps, she came runnin up.

She then went into detail about what it was she had wanted me to her her there about. A package to deliver I must do without loosing it or even looking in at it. As soon as she finished the details I then set out on my long journey. I headed for the cross roads that turn to lead to britain where I was then stopped by some brigands wanting to know what the hurry was. T told them that I had a package to deliver to a man in Skara, and they then wanted to take a look at it, but of course I had to refuse and they were none to happy, so they took to the swords as I pulled my axe from my belt and took Guard. Soon as the first blow was delivered and the first brigand fell, the rest fell even quicker.

I then set out once again, Wondering how many more wil try to get at this package, and how soon will the one that ran from battle was able to pass the word to the others about their missfortune of meeting me then. After awhile and putting the thought aside I then went back to thinking about the task I was set with and seeing that I ma not too late delivering it.

I soon entered the swamps and was quickly greated.

Running past it I was almost over taken by the smell that was worste then my Father expelling air from his backside when he pulls a good all night drinking benge. Or even worste than the Dragoon Stables. Hard to choose which. I tuffed it out and jess ran splashing swamp puss all over the creatures as they triied to get in my way.

Running through the swamp and trying to keep the package dry was nay an easy one to do, But I was able to do it by putting it in my pack and putting a tunic over it.

As I made my way out of the swamp I could smell the fresh air trying to reach in and faster I ran, could nay take the awlful smell nay longer.

I ran till I seen the Boardering Outpost, Went throught the gates towards Britain.

A bit closer to my delivery now than when I first started out, Getting tired of the running, I thought my Grenadier Badge, I gained the strength to keep going. Every where I looked or turned something was there trying to get at me, but I was too fast for them to even keep up.

Finally I could see the sign of Britain as I made my way down the road.

Soon crossing a bridge into the town of Britain.

The town was buisy as useual and the people were still snobs like when I was growing up, I always said one day they will drown with the noses up in the air and it starts to rain. But to each their own I guess, that is why I like Cove, everyone is nice.

Running past the Bank I made my way to the exit of Britain.

I soon made it to the mountain pass where this Lass was haveing trouble finding Britain.

After giveing her directions I then headed out towards Skara. Running out of the Pass I soon made it to the Cross roads, then took the left road heading to my destination.

Another long stretch of a run now but closer than ever. I ran and ran, and the only thing that kept me going was the thought of getting my Grenadiers Badge. After some time running I made it to the docks that leads to Skara but on the otherside.

I then crossed to the otherside and quickly made my way to the Town Hall where I was to meet this man that the package was for. Making it to the Town Hall I stopped to catch my breath for a moment.

I then entered the building and went to find Mister Jeremy.

After finding this made and getting the right directions I then left out and went to the door I was told to, The knocked on the door. After being told to enter I then sat down after being told to. I then told the man that I was here to deliver a package to him and placed it on the table carefully. Then explained that some brigands wanted the package as well.

He then took the package and studied it for a bit then opened it getting a big surprise as some green vapors shot out at him ingulping him in a small cloud that surrounded his head. I tried to help the man but was nay sucessful as he fell before I could get to him.

After a moment I got to thinking and then started looking around to see that two people was in the room with us. I looked to them and they both told me nay to worry as they hated the man and that I jess set them free by killing their master, as they were his slaves.

After setting the man back in his seat I then looked up seeing that they were starting to leave. I then said to them that I needed to leave as well befor someone came in to see what has happened here.

Before leaving I did tiddy up a bit to make it look like he died while working on some paper work, then headed out the doors to make my way back to Cove where I belong.

Making it back to my home I seen a pigeon on one of the benches waiting for me with a note that said, When done meet me back at Grenadiers Head Quarters. Gaining the strength again I headed to meet with my Mentor Miss Eve.

Getting there she told me to sit down, so i did, still shakeing from what had happened. She then explained what it was that I had done, and told me that I made her proud that I could follow orders without question, she also told me that I would make a fine Grenadier. I then told her that I had to take my leave when she asked me if i wanted a drink. I told her that i could use one so she took me to her nice house and we sat and talked a bit and drank some wine, after she gave me the grand tour of her nice home I told her that i had to take my leave. Stepping outside I saluted her and told her good by then headed back to Cove to rest up from the long tireing journey I jess made in one days travels.

Signed Watchman: Marcus Tel'var

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 11:41:54 am »

Ye followed an order without question, ye were loyal and true to the Baron! 

We have been trying to end Lord Jeremy's life for some time (personal enemy of the Barons), but he has always managed to sniff us out!  By sending you, not knowing what was inside that package and going to great lengths to get it there, it must have confused the old bugger, curiosity got the better of him in the end!  Good work!

*signed*
Eve, Grenadier Corporal
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 01:09:48 pm »

Hoh!

So our little rouse worked did it!

Grand!

Good work Marcus!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 09:29:07 am »

*Re-pins to the top of the board*

Marcus / Straeban
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 11:32:54 pm »

The Ability to Fight

Led By; Junior Guardsman: Marcus Tel'var

Attended by

Junior Guardsman: Jon Trent
Watchman: Takeamada
Watchman: Bloodaxe
Commoner: Estel Aralle

As for this Trial I was to lead a group of men to thew lands of Illshenar to gather some feathers and what ever loot we could carry. I arrived at the Barracks to find a few men standen around in line with Miss Arelle. I took the lead and told them we were to go forth and pluck the feathers from some of them winged wenches known as Harpies.

I then ordered them to force march to the public traveling gate as we had no mages about to aide us there. Once there we all stepped through to the lands of Spirituality where them can be found in a large nest just north from where we entered the place.

We then travled the long didtance there to find the entrance unguarded as no one just goes there to play. I then told them we are here to hurt lets get to work.

On the way in the foul smell of their dropping could almost kill the ones that aren't use to it, but we are Coveians and we quickly addapt to any situation that arises. We quickly found our selves sorrounded, but no real threat came from them for as fast as they stepped up, they fell at our feet to be plucked.

We fought and plucked their feathers and collected gold along the way deeper in. We could hear their angry screems as more came upon us each time we layed em to rest. After awhile I took a count of the feathers, seen we had what I was required to gather then ordered a retreat as we did punish them enough this day and hope they finally learn that us Coveians are nay the ones to mess with.

Back at the entrance I handed out some feathers for them to help me carry them back to Cove then asked them to make their way back if they could and line up once there. I then headed to the nearest stable to fetch me pack horse to carry the coins I gathered and had sent to the bank with me magic bag.

Back at the Barracks I had them place their feathers and coins down so as we could make a final count of our deeds.

After getting the final count I then started handing out their shair of the coins when Takeamada and Bloodaxe both donated their shares of One-Thousand each to the Coffers.

I then dissmissed them and headed up to place the coins and feathers where they needed to be with the help from Watchman Takeamada.

Signed; Junior Guardsman: Marcus Tel'var
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:05:46 am by Marcus / Straeban » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 07:08:27 am »

Damn fine work Marcus!

Two down, two to go!

Let's see you in bronze soon!

50 Shillings awarded - Estel Aralle

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Marcus / Straeban
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 12:58:19 am »

DISCIPLINE

Led By: Junior Guardsman: Marcus Tel'var

Attended By:

Grenadier Captain: Raiden Morana
Junior Scout: Garand
Watchman: Dah'Han
Drill Instructor: Graem Carcer, Observing

As per me next of me Trials everyone was called to the roof of the Barracks where she handed us some pizzas for our dinner, then she explains that I Marcus would be holding a training session whilst she did her paper work.

I ate me pizza with haste so I could quickly take the line after she had gone. Takeing the line totaly unprepaired to do anything for me trials I had the men warm up with some good old fassion press ups.

After they had finished them I had then rune ten laps around the arena as so I could think about what I was going to train em on this day. They soon finished their running I then led them in a healing training for the box formation will nay work if ye can nay heal the person next to ye or the Commanding officer. At first they did well, then we had to stop as to let watchman Takeamada join in. I then took my stance and continued the healing training. Watchman Takeamada was nay ready I guess nor the others as I hit the Watchman, and he soon went down. I then had them armor up to see if it would better their healing.

I then went to useing a flurry of attacks and to my surprise they were all ready as nay one fell this time.

After the healing training satisfied me we then went on to talk about the Box Formation, and how if was to be formed,

We covered how to form the Box and who would stand where as per their skill and weapon of choice. Shielders to the fore and sides, Archers and Magic Users to the rear. After awhile of disscussing the Box Formation, I had em line up. From their we then started up on the Arkay Veriation of the Box Formation.

I begain to ask them if they knew of this Formation. Some have heard of it like me, but the Captain raised his had and then asked if I wanted him to show us this Formation. After I told him that I would be happy if he did that, he then went to the back corner and ordered Watchman Takeamada to stand in the very back of the corner and then placed the rest as him self in the place they needed to be.

I then armored me weapon of choice and me shield to test this formation. After a few moment I seen I could nay do much dammage to the Watchman I then backed off suprised that it actually worked well. We then talked about the full purpose of this formation, To keep the archer inside heald without attacking the beast we were protecting him from. Afterwards I had then line in the proper place and then talked more of the benifits of the Box Formation and about the best defencive attacks that would be best. The best defencive attacks are as follows,

Dissarm them of their weapons,
Make em bleed badly where their bandages would have trouble stopping,
Put them in a shocking gaze, ( Mortal )
And if a scout be in the box with the ability to poison, well ye get the message there.

All these attacks work well, as so ye will nay miss yer chance to heal the one next to you with the time that is given for the enemy to recover.

With all I could cover was covered I ended the training with a nice free for all where Drill Instructor: Carcer then joined in. After the last man was standing all was healed up, I called out for them to line up.

After they lined back up I then Dissmissed them for the rest of the evening.

Signed: Junior Guardsman: Marcus Tel'var

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:47:12 am »

Very well done Marcus.

Those arms are close now!

Just the ant lions to do battle against and the swearing of the oath and you'll be part of the brotherhood.

*signed*

Marcus / Straeban
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 01:14:41 am »

Brotherhood

Led By: Junior Guardsman: Marcus Tel'var

Attended By:

Grenadier Captain: Raiden Morana
Grenadier Corporal: Eve
Drill Instructor: Graem Carcer
Sergeant: Hoagie Greynor
Sergeant: Kelley Sanderson
Guardsman Recruit: Delferium
Citizen: Ileana Leontine

As for the last of me Grenadier Trials I had to lead a group to the Giant Ants to collect the bronz ore the carry. With the help of Captain Morana the men needed was gathered at the Barracks. Cutting to the point I quickly told them why they had been gathered. I then told them to arm up that there was nay gtime to stand about whilst the bronz needed for me arm wasted away down with them Gialt Ants. The next order I gave was Follow Me.

Was nay long after leaving the Barrecks we had to stop as some had wondered off and got lost. We stopped and waited on the road for them to catch up. After all of us was togther again we then headed out once more, finding the entrance to the Giant Ants home but one of many, we stopped to check ot out before entering.

After entering we mad our way through the twists and turns to another and deeper hold, where I then ordered all to enter so that way if there was a surprise waiting for us we wouldbe ably to quickly back each other up. Seen nothing we headed forwards to find the sandy nests of the Giant Ants with one quickly on us before all was ready.

One after another they came up from the ground just to be squashed by the power of the Coveian Army. The ore found was taken and trhe rest set aside.

After an Hour Seeing how we were too much for em Giant Ants and seeing how we have what we came for I ordered everyone back to the entrance to return back to the Barracks. Once back at the Barracks all the ore was placed down to be finally counted. The bronz arms will indeed be mine at the nest Promotional Perade.

After dissmissing the men and women, Captain Morana ordered all to the Barracks rooftop. After putting the ore and little coins gathered away I made me way to the Roof with the others only to be called forth by the Captain. I approached the Captain and he told me to repeat after him.

After being sworn into me new upcomming Rank I saluted the Captain and returned to ther line just to be dissmissed.

I now will add, I will go forth to being a better Grenadier than me Father Demarian Tel'var. I jess hope that he will finally be proud of me for a change.

Signed: Junior Guardsman: Marcus Tel'var

FOR COVE, FOR THE BARON

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 08:45:47 am »

Damn fine work Marcus!

Yer arms will be presented at today's parade.

Welcome to the Brotherhod.

*signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length