Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:08:46 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETED] Junior Delcarakdur - Regain Your Arms!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Junior Delcarakdur - Regain Your Arms!  (Read 3298 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:49:06 pm »

Greetings Delc',

This second or third time lucky? Well I can make yer a Grenadier but I can't keep yer a Grenadier. Once you reclaim yer arms it is up to ye to hang onto 'em.

The bronze arms of the Baron's Own are hard earned and easy lost as you well know old friend.

Here are yer trials.

Discipline

I know yer a stickler fer discipline! On the parade ground at least. Gather as many guards as you can and put hem through their paces Grenadier style.

The Task

Hold a parade drill followed by a training drill of your choice. Make sure orders are followed swiftly and without question. Punish those that are slacking, as I know ye will.

Conditions

At least 4 other guardsmen must attend.
Post a full report with drawings below.

Brotherhood

It's been a while since we've seen more than a fleeting glance of yer Delc' so arrange a trip to the Trinsic Rose for the Grenadiers and your fellow potential Grenadiers.

The Task

Head of to the Trinsic Rose for ale and merriment with your soon to be "Brother" Grenadiers.

Conditions

At least 3 other Grenadiers/Aspiring Grenadiers must join you on this trip, of which 1 must be a full Grenadeir.
Extend an invite to the Baron too.
You must spend at least 20 minutes getting to know your fellows better in the tavern.
Include in your report any juicey gossip or information gleened about your fellows in your report.

Ability To Fight

I hear tell of a giant black bear that dwells in a cave near Trinsic. Surely it's fur would make a fine rug for the Baron's office. See to it Junior.

The Task

Take a group of guardsmen to the Painted Caves near Trinsic.
Slay Grobu the bear and recover it's fur.

Conditions

At least 3 other guardsmen must accompany you on this mission, though more would be adviseable.
Recover Grobu's fur and 15,000 coins for the Grenadier fund.

Loyalty

The Baron is becoming frustrated at the lack of a visible presence in front of the men by Commander Shadwell. However the Commander is laid low by a serious bout of woodworm. Head to the elven settlement of Heartwood. Once there you will procure their finest wood and have their finest craftsmen make a new leg for the Commander. It might also be an idea to have the spellweavers there protect the leg from termites!

The Task

Head out to Heartwood on foot and procure a brand new peg leg for Commander Shadwell.

Conditions

Include in your report anything of note you may encounter on this errand.

Once all these tasks are complete seek out the Baron to swear the Grenadier Oath. If his lordship is detained by matters of state you may swear the oath to me.

Good luck Delc'! Reclaim those arms!

*Signed and stamped with the Grenadier seal*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:32:52 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 05:33:13 pm »

Ability to fight:

When: Friday the 26th of October 2007, at 2100 GMT
Where: Barracks and Painted Caves

Officer in Charge: Delcarakdur, Junior Guardsman
Soldiers Present:
- Hoagie Greyner, Dragoon Sergeant
- Marcus Tel'Var, Watchman
- Thomas, Guardsman Recruit

What:
As Raiden had given me my grenadier reapplication trials, one of the tasks would be to procure something valuable for the Baron while at the same time showing my skill at arms. He had thus assigned me a task which would prove to be a worthy challenge: Travel to the Painted Caves near Trinsic and slay a fearsome bear that lived there. In the process, also collect 15000 crowns for the Grenadier Founds.

Even though I had posted up a note on the announcement board, there were still a paltry lot who showed up: Only Marcus Tel'Var,  Hoagie, and some recruit called Thomas (a redhead). Fair enough, so Khaine had decided that this should be a challenge. After some initial chitchat, including a very brief mission outline, we proceeded to the moongate and travelled via it to Trinsic, near the Elven quarters. The sergeant met up with us later at the waterfall, because he had to get himself some fresh supplies from the quartermaster.

Once at the elven quarters, I ordered my men to disarm, in order to respect the elves and their border. Thomas however, the recruit, instead struck down an innocent bystander, right in front of my eyes!!! I promptly hit him hard in the face, and told him that this will be taken into account later: I recommend disciplinary action by a reparations sum paid to the elven quarter, and a solid whipping of at least 20 lashes.

Once that matter dealt with, we quickly moved on and soon we stood by the waterfall next to the cave. The stench of vile beasts could already be smelled from a fair distance and I lined my men up in order to give them my battle plan: The men lead by the sergeant in a tight formation, while I would hang back a little with my crossbow to offer support, and if need be join the melee.

As we entered the dank and dark cave, we were almost immediately assailed by numerous ogre-like beasts, Troglodytes. They attacked my men vigorously, but they were no match for my men, who cut them down with deceptive ease. The formation then moved further inside the cave, finally reaching a small bridge with deep chasms on both sides. A lone adventurer came running towards us followed by a large darkskinned and impressively big Troglodyte, followed by a black bear. Our target finally at hand, we tightened the formation, and I drew my sword. The battle that followed was fierce and we had to retreat twice, regretfully giving ground the the beast and it's minion. But in the end a timely hit to the beast's kneecap brought it down, and enabled Hoagie to land the killing blow. There was merely time to celebrate the victory though, as the beasts pressed us even harder than before. Dragging the bear back a bit, I managed to skin off it's pelt while the men kept the beasts at bay.

Sketches from the hunt

Satisfied with attaining my objective I ordered the men to pull out. Moving quickly, we soon found ourselves thankfully out in the fresh air again. We quickly reviewed our objectives and I ordered my men back to the barracks. Once back again I held the prize out for all to see, then gave it to the tanner to prepare. We then collected the gold, a nice sum of 10000 crowns.

Since this was not enough for the coffers, I will organize a hunt to recover the rest.

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Junior Guardsman

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 06:37:23 pm »

Good start Delc'... Took yer bloody time.

Get cracked on with the rest of them eh?

*smirks faintly*

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 06:20:17 pm »

Parade Drill:

When: 6th of November 2007 at 2100 GMT
Where: Barracks Rooftop

Officer in Charge: Delcarakdur, Junior Guardsman
Guardsmen Attending:
Hoagie Greyner, Dragoon Sergeant
Kelly Sanderson, Scout Corporal
Kal Shadowhand, Regular Scout
Dalamar, Regular Scout

What:
This eve I hosted a parade drill. I was initially hoping for to attract some of the younger fellows of the army to this drill, but as it turned out only four of our most veteran soldiers stepped up to it. As the men (and woman) gathered up for the drill, I immediately noticed that their kit was badly worn. I ordered them thus to hurry to town to get it repaired. Only Kelly complied.

Anyhow, I quickly proceeded with the drill, which all of the above performed admirably! Not a surprise... I also introduced a new commandfor parade use, which I have seen elven soldiers execute: "Present Arms". Which consist of Raising your parade arm to your left hand with a snap, and then going to attention exactly as you snap the parade arm back in place by your boot. Thus creating two identical sounds. When produced by whole platoons this would be a useful drill to use when official persons enter the parade, such as the Captain or the Baron.

I finally summed the parade up with the following message the the attending soldiers: As veterans and officers you cannot afford to not be an inspiration to the junior ranks. Thus if you are but drilled, but not responsible, or the other, you have something to work on.

All in all though, a well performed parade.

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Junior Guardsman

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 07:45:57 pm »

Good stuff Junior!

I knew I could rely on ye to instill some discipline eh?

Carry on.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 09:21:12 pm »

Brotherhood:

When: 11/11/07 at 1830 GMT
Where: The Trinsic Rose
Attending Grenadiers and potentials:
- Raiden Morana
- Ihiniar Tel'Var
- Delcarakdur
- Graem Carcer

As this would be what we grenadiers would call a private party....I shall only point to the sketches below for you Raiden.

Delc

[OOC: Leopard tights FTW win eh Khae? *Winks*
And I'm having problems with UO and Vista, hence my recent inactivity Raiden]

Octie:
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 09:34:50 pm »

Keep up the good work Delc'.

Just the Commanders new leg to sort and the swearing of yer oath.

*signed*

[ooc]No probs matey Wink[/ooc]

Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 07:32:21 pm »

Loyalty

My Mission was:
The Baron is becoming frustrated at the lack of a visible presence in front of the men by Commander Shadwell. However the Commander is laid low by a serious bout of woodworm. Head to the elven settlement of Heartwood. Once there you will procure their finest wood and have their finest craftsmen make a new leg for the Commander. It might also be an idea to have the spellweavers there protect the leg from termites!

The Task
Head out to Heartwood on foot and procure a brand new peg leg for Commander Shadwell.

What:
So having let our good commander wait this long for his new peg leg wasn't acceptable. Thus I was planning on doing more than just give him a regular peg leg. It would also be alchemically threated to withstand most worm attacks!

Starting from the barracks I marched north and towards the vesper crossroads, I encountered little save the occasional traveller and wandering healer, but I did get attack by the undead when i passed by the Graveyard. Someday, we must clean that place out.

Arriving at the gate was a relief, as the weather was worsening, rain falling on my armor as I stepped inside the blue shimmer and felt my body jerked sideways.

As I stepped out of the gate, I began running, as I did not wish to end up as a grizzly trophy in the stonekeep church. Elfhating bastards. Arriving at the gates of Hearthwood I stepped in and shook some water off myself as I stepped out into the lust canopy. Quickly working my way down one of the gigantic branches to the tinkerer, I quickly agreed to pay the noldo craftself 15 bottles of firewine for him to carve the peg leg. I then proceeded to the "bark weaver" and ordered him to weave the wood needed.

With that done, I spend the next three days in the city while waiting for the craftselves to finish the product.

After fetching the finished leg, I then went to the arborists, and gave it to them in order to threat it against worm attacks. After a short wait the venerable elf got back with it, and handed it over. After paying him a handsome sum for his work, I was then set on my way back.

Arriving at the barracks this Sunday, I handed the item over to Raiden at the parade.

A glorious adventure

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Regular Guardsman

Octie:
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 08:53:52 pm »

I have packed a courier off to the colonies with the wooden leg and sent bronze ore to the smiths.

Once you swear yer oath you'll be back in the Brotherhood!

*signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length