Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:10:41 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  An alliance of sorts.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An alliance of sorts.  (Read 3458 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:20:16 am »

It seems we are working with our old enemies now, the mention of a mistress is what confuses me as I have not met this woman. the journal at the buttom I was given by Sabal, your ten shillings await you when you see me next. I must apologise at the end when I said very little..

Now my dearest family. I need opinions on what you think of what occured this night, also from people who did not attend. It is important I know my faithful family is at peace and happy with my decisions.

And also an extra ten shillings to all who attended the meeting, so that is twenty in total for Sabal, twenty for the rest of you, you know who you are, so dont try and claim them from me without having attended, hm?

Thank you, brothers.

Remember, write your opinions below here.

Kiran.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:24:01 am »

Well, what I saw tonight was nothing less than us being taken over. "Partners they say" Phah! They mean to control us with false ideas of making a proffit when infact we are slaves whose only other option is pain and death. Garnishing our wages. . . Phah! To the abyss with the lot of them. Boss ye already know my mind, when the coins run dry or trouble brews I told ye I'd go to ground. I hope this ain't that time. This under their terms are not good for us in the long run. They made numerous threats to us whilst "negotiating." Its  crock of shite and you know it is boss. I just don't see what yer plan is with this one.

-MJK-

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Sabal
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:39:17 pm »

Well, Ill keep this short because I think I might be followed right now.

For starters I dont much like these fellas. But that is not a requirement. We are not in this business for the wonderful people we meet. But there is something about just these fellas that strike me the wrong way...and it is a feeling I dont often have even when dealing with bad sorts.

That said, I work for pay, I work for coin. These fellas said we will get exactly that. Like it or not, when it comes to show...the pay is what counts. I say we try it before we knock it, its not like we're committing to it for a lifetime? If we dont like it we break free and go back to our merry lifes as it where.

That is my current opinion on the matter.

Sabal

Sabal
Ocean
Criminal
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 05:33:46 pm »

They're dodgy, aye. But then again, in this business, who isn't dodgy? The not-so-dodgy ones are the ones you've got to watch the most, I say. If it involves more coin, perhaps we should do it. If it perhaps moves us along a bit, perhaps we should do it. We can't expect to be riddled with no danger through the entirity of our lives with the nature of the job we do.

Gving this a go could ultimately be the best thing we ever did, or the worst. I'd prefer to die later rather than sooner myself mind, so I think I'm on the path with the shifty fellas if that's what Kiran's gone and signed us all up for. Would be nice to have had a little respect though, and been told about what the actual deal was beforehand. We were thrown in the deep end, lads. If all goes rear-ends-up, I'm sure we could either individually or together devise a plan to potentially get ourselves out of the mess.

*A signature is scruffily present*
-Sally

Vaughn Goodwill
The Light Company
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 08:06:26 pm »

I do not like this new arrangement. I do not  trust them in the slightest. Especially considering they almost killed me not too long ago. I feel like we have been taken over by them, and I do feel threatened by this. I can foresee them stabbing us in the back.
However, I will work under them, but only because I feel loyalty towards the brotherhood. The extra coin won't hurt. However, they must be made aware that I will rarely be involved in any incidents in Cove. They should know of my current situation.

Goodwill

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 03:56:54 pm »

I have read  and thought of all your concerns my dears.

Maccen, I understand the idea that lacking options you feel like a dog cornered against a wall. But what you have to think of is this. They are merely making there presence known. Do not worry overmuch concerning the ideas they have on partnerships. I shall be sure to keep a close watch on the going ons myself, as for you Sabal, I would have expected you to benefit most from this arrangement, the killer you are. I shall be sure to make them know of your deadly potential. Sally though it is either the best or the worst decision I have made, in the buisness as you say, there is no middle ground when it is concerned with what we are dealing with now. The ultimatium they given us is not something which is liked, however I find partnership more profitable then any war could gain us.
As for you Vaughn, I understand your sentiment, and do not fear, they have been informed not one of my men or women will do anything in Cove excepting if I approve. So do not fear in that regard.

My own summary of the events, brothers, is that we need them, sadly. I do not have enough influence in Cove to let my own men go rampant on the streets, we are being watched. However using these men and women to do that work would benefit us greatly, no one will see the connection ever I suspect, or not till much later anyway.

Hope it turns out for the best, if not, it could turn very bloody, brothers.

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length