Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:15:22 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Sickness and Wounds!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Sickness and Wounds!  (Read 4164 times)
Anno
Beware of the SAW!
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:10:49 pm »

Hey there, I have a suggestion: Cant you people start Roleplaying Wounds, Sicknesses and diseases? Don't have to be much, just like an infected Mole or a light cold. Just to make it worth a time to roleplay a healer/apothecary guy. As far as its now, You're all like Superman, Getting hit and eating dirt, without scratches, wounds or even bruises! And no one can be 100% Resistant to a Flu.

So my suggestion, start roleplaying some smaller wounds and/or Diseases, as said doesn't have to be much, just some that i can roleplay on.

Its just a suggestion, Flame me if you wilt, or even throw tomatoes at me, its just a suggestion. Smiley
Amy Marsteller
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 09:38:35 pm »

Many people do RP those injuries.  Grin
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:45:12 pm »

Hey there, I have a suggestion: Cant you people start Roleplaying Wounds, Sicknesses and diseases? Don't have to be much, just like an infected Mole or a light cold. Just to make it worth a time to roleplay a healer/apothecary guy. As far as its now, You're all like Superman, Getting hit and eating dirt, without scratches, wounds or even bruises! And no one can be 100% Resistant to a Flu.

So my suggestion, start roleplaying some smaller wounds and/or Diseases, as said doesn't have to be much, just some that i can roleplay on.

Its just a suggestion, Flame me if you wilt, or even throw tomatoes at me, its just a suggestion. Smiley

Well, we did have a plague not too long ago Cheesy

But aye, it would be pretty good if more people did RP wounds/sicknesses. Though I think Amy (I'm not sure) had broken her wrist not too long ago.
Anno
Beware of the SAW!
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:48:49 pm »

Im always too late for everything! The plague, Her wrists... bloody hell..
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:24:03 pm »

Well, we did have a plague not too long ago Cheesy

But aye, it would be pretty good if more people did RP wounds/sicknesses. Though I think Amy (I'm not sure) had broken her wrist not too long ago.

Not long ago?! Ages ago!

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:28:31 pm »

Ah, the plague... Good times.

People do play as injured occasionally, but you have a point that people don't often get ill. I know I havn't in some time.

Something to think about, aye. Smiley

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

qom_riyadh
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 10:46:51 pm »

Quite an interesting point... Maybe some global BoC diarrhoea caused by poisoned water in the Goblin? Wink

BTW Delc is a one great wound...
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 10:48:45 pm »

It's great to have injuries if you can actually role play them.

*wobbles* <-- Shadwell

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 11:25:33 pm »

The Goblin-Gonnorhea! Spread through Cove by Smudrud and Snudrud!
Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 12:04:37 pm »

Regarding injuries after battle (taken from BoC site):

* Roleplayed Injuries
This is an optional combat attribute, but can add a lot of fun to your roleplaying experience. If you are a guardsman and take part in a major battle that does not go well, consider the possibility of a rather nasty poisoning, or the breaking of a bone. Here are some other ideas (forwarded by Darath Mithar);
* Minor cuts and scratches
* Larger gash, minimal blood loss (perhaps requires stitching)
* Head injury, concussion, memory loss, drowsiness
* Re-opening of an old wound
* Serious injury, large loss of blood, slipping in and out of consciousness, requires prolonged treatment.

I also suggested that if you had been knocked after a battle that you roll a 6 sided dice to determine wether you had picked up any injuries.

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 12:39:45 pm »

I never thought about using a dice! Good idea.

Anyone know where I can get some?

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 01:09:48 pm »

You can also determine the type of wound if you have time to see with what kind weapon you were knocked down... Always fun when you get back to barracks and you have arrow pointing out from your back, for example...

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 01:51:17 pm »

This is a great idea as long as their are healer/apothecary's around to heal us. Otherwise that arrow will be in our backs for sometime, and turn green... then black and then we die. MEDIC!

Anno
Beware of the SAW!
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 04:06:48 pm »

Of course will i be around to tend to your wounds and illnesses. It doesn't have to be a major epidemic of wounds!
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 05:20:45 pm »

Loose limbs!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »