Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:01:44 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  The Freedom Militia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Freedom Militia  (Read 2539 times)
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2007, 04:56:16 pm »

Was wondering what everyones opinions are on the following idea.  A covian peasant militia, although just to assure that the ranks wouldn't interview with Octiovus's grand military setup  Wink there won't really be any ranks.  Everyone Commoner who signs up will have to attend a few training a week, which can hopefully give them schillings upon completing them.  Obviously i'm also asking for clearance from Command, but also a general acceptance of the idea from the other members.
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:02:55 pm »

I think the purpose of the military is to keep citizens from being militia men and to protect them.
The Covian army was once a militia you know Tongue

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 05:06:15 pm »

Indeed the Covian army was once a militia before it became professional. Wink

I think "self defence" trainings for commoners would be fine but they would in the main need to be RP trainings as opposed to RPvP as most civilians won't have combat skills and aren't supposed to engage enemies.

If you can get enough civilians along it sounds fine to me and i'm sure the shillings will come in handy for people.

Also FYI taken from the citizen rules announcement:
Citizen rules:

1. The following items are classed as tools and/or lower class items and may be used by all citizen members:

Pitchfork, club, cleaver, butchers knife, staff, gnarled staff, hatchet, scythe.

2. No citizen may engage in PvP unless told otherwise. Situations may arise where the Baron calls the citizens to arms and they will be allowed to defend themselves and these will be specified prior to engagement with any enemy force. Citizens may also apply to have a license to PvP which will be handled by BoC command on a case by case basis.

3. Citizen element members must be respectful (at least in public) of the Covian guardsmen. While they may not like the Baron's policy or individual members of the guard, no citizen would be doubt the necessity of their existence.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 07:28:55 pm »

Remeber this "Just farmers with Pitchforks" and look what THAT did!! A whole big history lesson!! A Whole nother lesson they msde me learn!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Averion/Gambit/Crystal/Etc
I'm banned
Covian Regular

I hate This Stoopid Thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:44:43 pm »

It's all well and good suggesting idea's bt Cove has survived for many years and have relied on numbers many times. Man power is the only thing holding us back from being the most original and largest guild.

Get recruiting!

Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! 
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.
What you call dog with no legs?
Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come.
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:47:05 pm »

It's all well and good suggesting idea's bt Cove has survived for many years and have relied on numbers many times. Man power is the only thing holding us back from being the most original and largest guild.

Get recruiting!
An excellent point.
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 05:43:45 am »

This has been talked about a million times, and every time it has been shut down.  Best to just leave the fighting to the guardsmen.  If anything when Cove is being invaded and a citizen volunteers to help.  Let them fight with their tool or something, otherwise the peasent militia would just not work.
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 10:56:31 am »

I fight when Cove gets attacked! Khae's Irregualars!
userjosh5368
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 12:12:56 pm »

The only time Citizen's should bare arms is if cove is under siege ,which i doubt will happen soon And by this i mean when we are on are last legs and defednin the town itself lik the Kaldorian invasion, apart from that citizens are crafters and farmers
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 06:49:14 pm »

I fight when Cove gets attacked! Khae's Irregualars!

In contrary to Kazuo, who quickly stealths to the nearest safe place as soon as possible!

Locke DaOrt
Cuts Elves limbs off (Dell does too!)
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 11:22:27 pm »

Get recruiting!

"Original"...riiiight Tongue

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 11:27:33 pm »

*Cooks a meal out of Dit and eats him*  Grin

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 07:16:10 pm »

ooooo!! Good work John! Dits bits!! We can start the franchise, your the cook i'm the PR and advertisment!!

gyahahaha!!!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length