Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:14:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Events Board
| | |-+  Old Events (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | | |-+  Eason's Training & Patrolling - 6pm GMT, Wednesday 16/11/05
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Eason's Training & Patrolling - 6pm GMT, Wednesday 16/11/05  (Read 2281 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: November 15, 2005, 03:57:03 pm »

Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

As per usual, we'll working on the essential basics of discipline and combat. In order to perform your duties well as Covian guardsmen, ye must master the various skills that enable ye to defeat the Enemy in battle, whomever it may be.
And then we'll be getting on with some basic Patrolling of the local area; seeing that Cove is in good shape (at least outside the plague infested City walls).

When: 6pm GMT, Wednesday
Where: Barracks Rooftop, Cove
Bring: Full Combat Gear, Provisions

And if that's nay enough motivation for ye to come, TRAINING AND PATROLLING ARE PART OF YE PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS! BWAHA!

Commander Eason, True Covian
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Ben Radau
Short but great!
Covian Regular

Stubborn dwarf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 01:05:30 pm »

*grumbles*
How can I get promoted when everything is done so early or while I have to work in my fathers mines....
*grumbles louder*
LATER! I WANT IT AN HOUR LATER!!!!

[ooc: 6 GMT = 1900 German time, correct?, damn, my daughter gets to bed at 2000....sniff]

*signed*
Dwarf - Scout - Junior
Pigeon cage: 16668006
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 01:23:40 pm »

(OOC: Its in my blood to hold Training early Cheesy
But noted. I'll start organising some more Training Seshes after 9pm or so.)
Ben Radau
Short but great!
Covian Regular

Stubborn dwarf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 06:26:29 am »

*scans carefully the board, even using a crude magnifying lense*
What the hell?... Where is it?
*starts on the top left corner and continues with a complicated search roster till the lower right corner of the board*
*grumbles*
Bah!
I WAS THERE, I REALLY WAS ABLE TO TAKE PART ON A TRAINING FOR MY PROMOTION AND NO HINT IS GIVEN!

I WAS THERE!!

*grumbles*
I WILL enter the Light Company! You canīt keep me from that!
*sighs*
But it will take years if nobody mentions the attendances of trainings...
*walks grumbling away*
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 07:06:08 am by Ben Radau » Logged

*signed*
Dwarf - Scout - Junior
Pigeon cage: 16668006
Talpa Europaea
Guest Of Cove

Assassin in Militia clothing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 11:17:22 am »

Dear Diary

This evening I was looking forward to attending my first training session with the Commander, Gregor Eason, as part of the Covian Militia outfit, and admittedly was sorely disappointed when I turned up at the specified time.  As the Commander emerged from the gloom, having surveyed some of the damage of the explosion, I was joined in the line up by just two fellow Guards; Hoagie and Drachir.

We waited idly in the line for a good five minutes beyond the arranged time for the practice before Commander Eason decided to drill us on a few basic orders; arm, disarm, ready arms and the like.  For reasons beyond my understanding we were made to run to the Covian gate and back, but upon our return we were greeted by the appearance of two additional guards.

Due to the barracks state of disrepair, things took a turn for the worse when Commander Eason informed us that we would spend this miserable evening out in the wilderness.  A call was given to form a trackers line and we marched to a clearing East of the barracks.

Upon arrival, Eason resumed drilling us on basic orders and carried out an inspection of our kits.  The majority of the kits were fully stocked, but the persistent, insubordinate remarks of one particularly petulent recruit (I believe the harlot was named Smitethee?) meant that we were rewarded with press-ups and laps of the clearing.  This was not enough of a deterrent for the whelp who decided to continue the wise-cracks, so Eason ordered her to continue performing laps whilst the rest of us continued with the basic and parade orders.

As the session progressed, those in attendance were frequently ordered by the Commander to fetch fellow guards who had turned up late for the training.  Soon enough our numbers had swelled to such a force that Eason was able to split us into two teams for some battle training.  Unfortunately the wench with the wagging tongue was not able to bite it, so Eason sent her away from the proceedings.

The first two battle games involved one team statically defending a specified location whilst the other attacked.  We were defending first, and I am sad to say my comrades fell rather easily.  Largely due to the fact that the opposing team had that short, plump mage as a member.  I was left alone at the end of the battle, so thought I'd employ the "Live to fight another day" philosophy, and ducked for the cover of a shadowy tree amongst the chaos.

In the second battle it was our turn to attack whilst the opposition defended.  They had decided to place their mage at the back of their tight-knit formation, so it was decided that two of us would creep around the back and take down the dwarf whilst our two team members would create a distraction with a frontal assault.

The plan worked a treat, as the opposition fell in rapid succession.

The final battle game was a Last Man Standing competition.  The rules were simple; whoever is left standing at the end of the battle was the winner.  No moves were disallowed, poison could be used but hiding amongst the shadows was prohibited.  The dwarven mage was given special dispensation, we were not allowed to attack him for thirty seconds even though he was allowed to blast us with his magickry.  Well... he is short.

I do not recall a great deal of the battle.  The man I focused my attention on fell swiftly, but soon after I was clubbed over the back of the head and consumed by darkness.  I awoke to find the last two participants still duelling; Delcarakdur and Hoagie I believe.

It was a long, hard fought battle that looked like it was set to go either way.  In the end though, the one handed elf fell and Hoagie was proclaimed the winner.

This hailed an end to the session.  Commander Eason took note of all those in attendance and ordered Delcarakdur to carry out a patrol to the Orc Fort.  The call for "Forced March!" was given and we began our trek to the fort South of Cove...

Those in attendance (In no particular order):

Gregor Eason
Hoagie
Delcarakdur
Thomas Sendrich
Ben Radau
Rupert Ridir
Malin
William McDonnel
Talpa Europaea
Drachir
Sandra Smiththee

*Signed*
                   Talpa Europaea

[OOC]  I'd just like to say how this training session is a great example of the benefits of sticking around for a while when you log in even if you feel there are not that many people online to roleplay or arrange events with.  We started the session with only four members, but the event continued as planned with the small group and the persistence paid off as the numbers rapidly grew to eleven guards in attendance.

Apologies to anyone I missed on the list of those that took part. [/OOC]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 11:19:59 am by Talpa Europaea » Logged

Gregor Eason
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 03:04:33 pm »

Excellent report, Recruit Europaea!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length