Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:43:11 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A new beginning
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A new beginning  (Read 1746 times)
Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2005, 04:05:16 am »

The sun was standing high in the afternoon sky and I could hear the sounds which were common on the open ocean, the constant sound of the water banging against the hull of the ship along with the insane babbling and occasional ’’Arrr’’ from the crew.
I must have been staring at the water bucket near my feet for longer then an hour because I was getting some awfully strange stares and the cabin boy was whispering something to the fat cook standing near the wheel.

‘’Ehhh… isn’t he one of them ye know…. Mercenary type folk?’’ Said the scruffy looking cabin boy.

The cook shook his head and started picking his nose while replying to the cabin boy.

’Pfft! Him? Nah nah ye got it all wrong there lad. I heard he was supposed to be a guardsman like his old man but buggered it up royally he did.’’

I tried not to listen to the two anymore but something the cook said was very true. I did screw up royally and I knew it.
Not only did I lie to my family for over six years telling them I was a guardsmen in Yew just like they wanted me to be but I joined up with the one thing my father hated more then me.

People who killed for money, mercenaries. Yeah I was one of them but I only did it to provide money for my family or so I kept telling myself. But in the cold honest truth I probably just did it to tick off my old man.

Well that last part sure did work.

‘’Ye useless mistake of a child! Six years you’ve been lying to me! I send you to Yew to better that miserable thing you called a life and what do you do!? You make a pact with the guardian! Yer nay son of mine!’’

I didn’t know what hurt more at the moment the wounds he left on my face and chest when he beat me up again or the words he said against me.

I suppose I should be thankful that he didn’t throw me in jail because of all the murdering I had done for money but the only reason why he didn’t is probably because my mother begged to him to go easy on me for three days in a row.

Well you could say he went easy on me since I don’t have to spend the rest of my life in prison or be executed, but only the future would tell if this was a blessing in disguise or a worse punishment then death.

A future in Cove.

[OOC]

Well all my characters are within Cove now so I’m going to be a lot more active from now on and you’ll be seeing plenty of Ryan around. Looking forward to try some new things in the militia and meet more of the people who were already in Cove and who are new in Cove.

-Signed-
Liam player of , Daelin , Muldun , Ryan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length