Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:15:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  The Walk to remember.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Walk to remember.  (Read 1693 times)
Lucas Drachen
The Covian Cannon
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Probably Dead

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »

Gabriel clasped his cloak on and stepped from The Dorms. Alot had been on his mind lately and it was starting to eat away at him from the inside. he had busied himself lately to keep his mind clear. But it as getting worse and he didn't know what to do.

As he strolled west towards Altmere almost every tree and rock brought back memories. When he joined The army he was an arrogant young man with something to prove. The only person whoever seemed able to tame that wild side of him was Kerri. He remembered their teamwork in rising through the ranks..

"I couldn't have done it without her pushing me..." Gabriel thought to himself.

He felt useless lately, Washed up and unrespected were the only two definitions he could come up with to describe himself these days. He strolled onwards approaching the crossroads. He paused there and took in his surroundings. Memories of his days as a Watchman came to him. The excitement of going up in rank and the times spent with those he called friends.

Standing there his mind wandered to Kerri. He remembered her before she was captured. The Mischief in her eyes and the cunning smile that would grace her lips when she was about to do something that usually involved shaving Garand's head. Gabriel smiled slightly as he paused. Thinking of her smiling again was intoxicating...But his smile faded as he thought of what she went through. he wanted so much just to make her happy again...But he worried maybe he was making things worse and just confusing her...

He made his way West and began to trudge through the outskirts of the swamp. The mud flowed over his boots and the water sloshed nastily as he walked. The foul stench of rotting vegetation filled his nostrils. The Creatures of the Swamp seemed to pay him no mind. As if by touching him his troubles would be passed on to them...

As he approached the road to Britain he paused. He hadn't gone this way in ages, The Road seemed foreign in nature. At night the road seemed like the gateway to Hell itself lined with menacing trees and a leaf covered path. He could hear creatures moving in the treeline as their feet crunched in the snow. Nothing showed itself, This was a night when even nature was giving him space..

As he walked through Britain he was reminded of nights of his youth. When him and his brother would sit in The Salty dog and tell tall tales of adventures they had.

"Was Love what I was missing..." Gabriel thought to himself silently.

He wasn't sure of the answer to that question. At this point he wasn't even sure if he knew what love was. On a few occasions he could have believed he felt it...lived it...touched it. But it was obvious how real that sensation was considering his current predicament. He had hoped Kerri was the one, They has known each other for so long and she was the first woman in ages for him that ever showed him affection when he joined The Army.

Shaking it off he continued Through Britain until he reached the main bridge. Crossing it he glanced over into the water at his own reflection. He wasn't the same person he was when he had joined The Army. With The Short hair and beard he hardly recognized The Cheerful young man who was once a Recruit. He let out a low sigh and continued on. Heading West he followed the road until he arrived at The Crossroads.

He had always mocked those that lost the will to live. Joking on the stupidity that existed in not wanting to preserve your own life. It saddened him to think at this point in his life...he was starting to understand those people. An old saying came to his mind as if his own conscious was trying to cheer him up..

"tis better to love and lost then to never love at all"

Gabriel let loose an energy bolt into a tree angrily. Splintering it into shreds with a loud bang.

"Try losing someone and tell me how it feels....Damn hypocritical nonsense" Gabriel Snorted as he trudged on North towards Yew.

He didn't have it in him to ever end his own life. Something inside him would never let him. He had those who needed him. He knew Scarlet would be saddened if he died. He knew even if Kerri didn't love him that she also would be sad, If not also pushing her further away from the world.

As Gabriel slowly made his way up the road, He was suddenly greeted by a rather uninviting sight. Two Liches stood in the road ahead glaring at him. He kept an emotionless gaze on them seeming unaffected by the Undead creatures standing before him. The Liches stalked forward charging spells as they did. He prepared himself...But it was no use...Everything went black...

He was in a room filled with Stars. around him stood many figures forming a circle around him. He looked to each remorsefully.

"I can't go on anymore....I just can't"  Gabriel Spoke.

"You better you old Goat..." The figure of Kal Shadowhand glared at Gabriel.

"Uncle Gabet, You die and I will never forgive you..." The figure of scarlet spoke as he continued to turn to face each being standing about him.

"Drachen you don't have permission to die...." The figure of Mela said cocking her head.

"You better keep on yah wimp.. Don't you dare make me the survivor of this family.." He turned as the figure of his brother Lucas spoke.

"Drachen, Get up, don't go like this..Not like this." The figure of Nicholi glared at him.

"You can't give in, It's not in you.." He turned as the figure of Flina spoke to him.

"It's not your time....Don't do this to yourself...Please Gabriel. I named you after the one man I ever loved...Please don't go down the same path of self destruction..Live" A figure spoke to Gabriel that he had never seen before...But he knew who she was...

"M....mom? I can't do it....I...It's too hard now...I've lost so much..what reason do I really have anymore.." Gabriel pleaded to the figure of his own mother.

"Son....why don't you ask her...?" His mother spoke stepping aside revealing the final figure in the circle

"P..please....Don't die..." The timid figure of Kerri spoke, not even making eye contact with him...

Gabriel's eyes widened as the light returned to his eyes. The Liches approached him and their very scent filled his nostrils.

"Not Today!" Gabriel shouted raising his hands.

"Kal Vas Flam!" A column of flames erupted from Gabriel's hands slamming into one of the liches as it casted a spell. The Liches body flew backwards as rotting pieces fell off burning on the road.

The Second Liche raised it's hand uttering "In Sar". An immense pain erupted through Gabriel's body and he fell to one knee. In his mind he once again saw the Timid figure of Kerri, Afraid to look at him..But all the same wishing him not to die..

" I.. I Promise!!" Gabriel Roared as he charged into the Liche sending it sprawling onto the ground with a shoulder tackle.

"Kal Vas Flam!!" Gabriel thrust his hand at the creature and a column of flames erupted from it. It flailed on the ground in deathwails for a minute or so before falling still and quiet..

"What was that all about....?" he thought to himself.

In his mind he again pictured all the faces of those who spoke to him. He even got an image of Hoagie in a Dinner dress throwing a peace sign...But that was definitely unrelated...

He raised his runebook and uttered a spell "Kal Ort Por" sending himself back to The Dorms. He crept in quietly.. Kerri was already asleep on her bunk. Walking over quietly he kissed her on the forehead. She stirred slightly but didn't wake.. He climbed up into his bed and laid down..slowly drifting off into slumber...

Hoagie: "Lobster battallion, chaaaarge!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length