Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:38:50 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  A man of property.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A man of property.  (Read 3702 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:39:52 pm »

Boss,

An interesting opportunity arose last night, shortly before my meeting with Vaughn.  I was entering the Swaggers, disguised as some yokel named Will, when I found our old friend Rebecca sitting in the Goblin.   She looked dazed and confused, suffering from some head injury.  She didn't recognise my name and seemed barely conscious.  I did what any man of wit in such a situation would do;  I wrote up a contract which transferred ownership of the Swaggers from Rebecca to myself.  It took a bit of coaxing, but eventually she signed. 

Here is where I encountered a small problem.  Not being greatly literate, she made her mark, an X, as is the custom amongst the illiterate.  It is a valid signature, however I we may encounter some difficulty when pressing our claim on the Swaggers.  Nevertheless, I still have the contract, it may prove of some small use in the future.  At the very least, it gives us all the excuse we need should we need to fight the Trading Company in the future.

Mask

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 02:30:46 pm by Garak Nightchill » Logged
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:04:30 pm »

My dear brother I am most impressed by this effort, I want you to hide this report before Jierdan knows of it's excistance. As he is coming back to our hopefuly gathering I rather not he knows we have a ace up our sleeve. Burn this report and keep the book which you got Rebecca to sign safe...

I also took this oppurtunity to hopefully remind you that tonight should be a rather festive one. I shall be attending myself to make sure all runs smoothly and to do the bar, certainly.

I have come up with some delightful questions which might make people slightly ... tense.

I shall send them to you personally.

Good work Brother, come to me for rewards as usual.

Kiran.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:38:16 pm »

*Reads the reply and fetches his report.  After a moment he tosses it onto the fire, watching it burn*.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 01:31:05 am »

*Addressed to Kiran*

Boss,

our ace in the hole may be compromised somewhat.  It appears Becca has recovered her wits and remembers signing our little contract.  She spoke to Railen about it who advised her she should not be signing documents whilst injured.  Becca was most displeased, despite my earnest attempts to convice her the "bill" I asked her to sign was in fact a "will" she wanted me to make for her.  She threatens to take it to the courts and is convinced Railen will speak on her behalf.  The good news is that Railen is also a witness to the fact that the "X" was made by Becca as she admitted as much to Railen.  A double edged witness, to be sure.  Be aware Becca may tell Jierdan of this.  Should this happen, I advise you deny knowledge of the whole matter and I can lie low until it blows over.

Mask

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 01:58:05 am »

*Adressed to Kalam*

I have taken note of your concerns my brother. Jierdan shall hopefully remain clueless... And with what I have planned for Railen she will soon make a horrid witness if any at all. Good work my brother.

Kiran.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 02:15:42 am »

*Addressed to Kiran*

Boss,

Contrary to popular opinion, the ace remains in the hole.  A copy was carefully written and passed on.  I doubt the counterfeit will be noticed.  Becca was concussed when she signed it; indeed could barely make it out.  I mimicked her X with little difficulty.  The copy can be differentiated with the original by the spelling,. I fear in my haste to write the original I made a couple of blunders.  By now, Becca has most likely disposed of the fake in any case. 

The original has been removed from the Covian bank to a place of safety.  I shall also draw up a will of my own transferring ownership of the Swaggers to a third party in the event of my premature demise.  When the current crisis is over, this matter can be concluded satisfactorily.

Mask
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:29:02 pm »

Fourty shillings awarded in total to Kalam Ravenscar for his excelent work and initiative.  Excellent work brother.

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length