Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:02:53 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recruit Trial ~ Raven {COMPLETE}
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Trial ~ Raven {COMPLETE}  (Read 2738 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:00:34 am »

*Kobra riffled through some logs ticking of the dead, a lot of those. Until he came upon the service record of Recruit Raven.*
Ah, whats this? Raven's ready for promotion eh? Fine, fine lad. Hard worker. Not dead yet. Seems to meet the requirements then!

Recruit Raven, it is with pleasure I pen up your Trials. I'm certain you'll make Cove proud.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Task one:
Findin yerself some subordinates:

Lead a recruitment parade in Haven, Britain, and in Luna. For this you'll be required to lead the men through parade drill in front of the bank of the respective cities.  A copy of the Parade and Battle Drill Guide can be found here: http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,5459.0.html
Conditions:
At least 2 other Mercs are required to be with you.
You must hold each parade for no less than 15 minutes.
Post up a full report in this thread including sketches!
[/s]
__________________________________________________________________________________

Task Two:

Leading The Men:

I've seen much battle prowess from you recruit. You fight well and with heart. I'd like to see how ye handle a detachment of the men.
Your task is to lead an expedition into the Pass of Karnaugh. I can tell you this will nay be easy, and  may be ordering many a recruit to their death. I have confidence in yer abilities, so nay fear.

Conditions:
You must lead an expedition into the Pass and attempt to push through to the other side.
No less than 2 Mercs shall accompany you, one of them must be of Mercenary rank or higher.
Post  full report including sketches in this thread

___________________________________________________________________________________

Task Three:
Heritage.

Recruit, it wasn't long ago we where an army, and a damn fine one! History and heritage is all some of us have left after so many years of sterling service to The Baron. In memory of this fine service you are to seek out a member of the Company, one who previously served with the Covian Army. You are to interview them about their past deeds and time with the army. You may also search the archive for further service information. I leave the choosing up to you.
Conditions:
Seek one Covian hero for interview about their service as one of the Baron's finest.
Post a full report of your interview including sketches in this thread.

I'm certain you shall make Cove proud recruit. Get crackin' !

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, Baronship of Cove
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:09:08 am by Marcus Kobra » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:22:33 pm »

Aye sir..!

I set off on the 3rd task firstly, and interviewed the old covian favourite - Kas Valentine.

Raven

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:55:15 pm »

Scouting for the Pass Of Karnaugh

Not knowing a great amount about this destination, I decided to do a little bit of research. I visited the Library to read about other adventurers experiences there, and perhaps find a map.

My efforts proved successful as I discovered what was inside the pass, and whereabouts it is, in the lands known as 'illshenar'. It is firstly situated Just east of the 'Valor' Moongate, and north west of the 'Compassion' moongate. According to my map, compassion would be the safest, and perhaps quickest route to the pass.

The 'Pass Of Karnaugh' leads to;

'the domain of the undead. A huge two-story stone building, about the size of two keeps, contains about everything a normal traveller would do anything to avoid. Liches, lich lords, dread spiders, poison elementals, rotting corpses, mummies, blood elementals, stone gargoyles, elder gazers and giant black widows will do their best to make your stay there as miserable as possible. Suppose you make it through the maze-like building, then you still need to work your way through the next mountain pass that leads down and is home to wyverns, drakes and a handful of harpies.'

On my journey, I also crossed Gypsies, Bandits and Ratmen littering the forest.

The expedition will be very exciting.

Raven

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:32:17 am »

Grand begining Recruit! Ol' Valentine would have been my pick aswell!

*Signed and Sealed*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, Barnship of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:33:35 pm »

The Pass Of Karnaugh

Lead by:
Raven

Attended by:
'The Ravens'
Kas Valentine
Torrak Keres
Hoagie

The Hunt started with a short walk to compassion moongate, via minoc moongate, through the valley to the Pass Of Karnaugh. Our mission was to battle our way through the pass, to reach Valor moongate, it was not an easy task, as much of our foes were liches, blood elementals, gazers and rotting corpses, all weilding great undeadly powers.

We still triumphed, and as a result made a total of 23,000 coins. 3870 to each participant and just over 7,000 to the baron.

Raven

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 09:51:19 pm »

Yer survived!? GRAND WORK! Hoho Coves' got herself a new hero in the makeing! Crawling up a dragon's arse? Not my idea of a good idea! But grand work. The Karnaugh is a tough bit to handle, but you showed those buggers who is boss; COVE!

*Signed with a flurish*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, Baronship of Cove

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 10:57:05 pm »

Parade Orders

Lead by:
Raven

Attended by:
'The Ravens'
Kas Valentine
Takeamada
Hoagie
Torrak Keres
Rush Sykes (briefly)

With the presence of:

Yhnotha

The Parade started with Luna, then Haven, and Britain. Posting Banners at each bank.

Afterwards we returned for a heavy recruitment drive at New Haven, providing some interesting results.

Interviewing Area:

Raven

[OOC: I also believe we got two more recruits from the run!]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:17:33 am by Raven » Logged

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 12:08:24 am »

Bwuah!? Could it be ye already finished? Not hard enough I say! But its what I laid out and yer finished it in full! Grand work lad! I'll be seeing Mercenary Raven rather soon I pressume.

*Signed with  a flurish*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, Baronship of Cove.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:13:25 am by Marcus Kobra » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 02:44:52 pm »

Good work Raven.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length