Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:48:28 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  -report- Cove & Yew Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: -report- Cove & Yew Training  (Read 2750 times)
Kennit Tel-var
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile WWW
« on: October 15, 2009, 11:40:04 pm »

As followed is the report for the Cove & Yew training session.

attending

Commander Raiden Morana
Jenifer Feather
Edward
Aliryl Trefynwyd
Darek Milako II
Kal ShadowHand
Keane Wakefiled
Kennit Tel'var
Keitaro Kazami
Aliryl Trefynwyd
Cor'vani
Celuvian Hap

As arranged those of us chosen to attend gathered at the barracks for the Commanders words, And he didn't disappoint telling us somewhat about the Yewish and their "special" qualities that make them suitable allies. Shortly after we made our way to the Moongate for the journey to Yew, There seem to be many brigands and Gypsies loitering and making a nuisance of themselves on the road to Minoc, While my fellow guardsmen ran straight past ignoring them, I choose to stop and deal with them to make it less likely of some innocent traveller being robbed.

At the Gate, We were told to Disarm, A measure of goodwill i believe towards the Yewish who had as far as we know rallied their full might for the training session, And thus outnumbering us, which is to be expected in their own Keep.

Upon arriving a Yewish "waywatcher" promptly had us remove our armour and some of our clothes without even a welcome or moment to catch our breath, And had everyone par a very old looking goat of a man and our own Kal Shadowhand make a line either side of what was the Yewish attempt to create an "arena", It did the job and we then were all made to run from one side to the other while they attempted and "mostly" failed to hit us with a war hammer and a war fork.
Regardless of us believing we were to be training and not playing strange Yewish schoolyard games, It was very good for keeping people on their toes and away from the danger, It was in the end the Infamous mr Walker of yew who was felled first, and shortly after the rest of us now short of breath soon were beaten and bloodied to the ground too.

As the session moved on more and more spectators arrived to watch us all, One of our scouts decided to have a bizare and unexpected emotional brake down and went on to cry and act a tantrum because she wasnt chosen on her preferred team, A slightly embarassing situation but hardly noticed thank goodness.  We were taken aback when the Yewish Captain choose to snub our commander and his guests and walk off to deal with other things, One would expect that after coming all this way he would at least attend the very session he was hosting, It was Edward in the end who was left standing and he was given the humorous if not outright impossible task of running through two lines of Covian and yewish guardsmen, he ran the other way but was still struck down, I hardly blame him though against those odds.  Soon after we moved on to something else that we could call being closer to training and operated as three groups attempting to keep each other standing and fall the others, Afterwards the waywatcher seemed to think we should rampage and destroy the Yewish Tavern which we ALL unfortunately did when two teams of mixed covian and yewish fighters fought each other, smashing bottles and windows in the fight, The evening ended with a Covian and Yewish last team standing battle, Most of our team being Covian Scouts, they were hardly able to put their skills to use in a closed space, which is exactly what the "waywatcher" had planned i believe, and the Yewish were the winners ... On our departure a large group of armoured horsemen blocked out path on the road, So we moved through the Yewish woods to the moongate and eventually home.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:32:03 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:48:40 am »

Pah! Emotional breakdown!? A mere tantrum.. And not for a prefered team.. Just fer being picked last! It was just like the early days of being th' wimpy girl recruit in training...

Signed: Jenifer Feather

Keane Wakefield
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Keane in Green

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:30:43 am »

Uh...I was there.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:30:31 am »

Hoh! I remember somebody who used ter get picked after ye Jen. *grins*

A grand trainin' indeed. I hope ye lot are achin' as much as I am.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

1 Guardsman Duty OR Training awarded to those attending.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:45:50 am »

A tantrum, how becoming of an Officer Cadet and an embarrassment to the squad.

A little one-sided view in the report.  I believe our Commander would break off from a training to speak with someone on important matters, as is such the work of Officers.

Also I do not recall seeing Darek there as no Grenadiers bothered to turn up.

*signed neatly*

Aliryl Trefynwyd
Scout Corporal

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 10:50:35 am »

I think you are mistaken Corporal.

I believe a rather prominent Grenadier was in fact commanding the Covian forces last eve.

*smirks faintly*

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:02:31 am »

*sticks a small peice a paper below*

You know what I meant.

*mumbles and kicks a pebble*

Aliryl.

Kennit Tel-var
Covian Guardsman