Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:02:26 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trials: Rupert Ridir - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trials: Rupert Ridir - COMPLETED  (Read 2735 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2005, 10:22:28 am »

Ah, another guard wantin' to be a Grenadier eh. It was only a matter of time I guess. All the good ones want to be Grenadier! Without their battleprowess everyone would be runnin' around em cowardly scouts! Can't have that, now can we?

Very well! Write this down ye daft scribe:

Grenadier Trials: Rupert Ridir

Tasks
* You shall lead an expedition, deep in Yewish territory. There you shall proceed in the burning of at least one structure!
* Lead a hunt in the lands of Ilshenar. Where you go is up to you, but you shall collect no less then 30.000 coins to fund our struggling Union.
* With no other assistance then that of your fellow Grenadiers you shall venture deep into Destard and slay there an Ancient Wyrm.

Conditions
* You may use conflaguration potions for the burning mission in Yew
* At least 5 guardsmen must accompany you on the Yew Mission
* At least 6 guardsmen must accompany you on the Ilshenar hunt
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 01:30:48 am by Erik Arkay » Logged

Rupert
Swedish drunkard on patrol
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 12:51:47 am »

16th December 23 GMT, Burn house...burn
The tasks to achieve grenadier was athand, and there was no time to waste on sitting around playing lazy. I carefully read through what I needed to do, and the first thing was to put a house in fire. Of course thats my first pick!

Attended Guardsmen:
Rupert Ridir, Junior Guardsman (leading)
Hoagie, Junior Guardsman
Drachir, Officer Cadet
Kal Shadowhand, Officer Cadet
Constantius, Guardsman Recruit
Judas Deibeau, Regular Guardsman
Leloo, Recruit

The assignment was the following: You shall lead an expedition, deep in Yewish territory. There you shall proceed in the burning  of at least one structure!

Beforehand I had scouted out a building to set fire to, namely a Guardsmen Militia Watchtower north east of Stonekeep in Yew. Decided to pick that building because it was made out of stone, hence it would take longer time to get rid of all the marks from the fire once the fire settles. Har! After 2 hours of sitting still in an auction, nay getting any lasses ter buy I decided it was time ter move our legs! Called for a line up and with Drachirs help we managed to scrap together the last awaken guardsmen of the hour.

With a short briefing of what we were about ter do, how we were going ter do it and with the short run of possible events that could happen the rule was clear, stay with the group at all cost until the task had been completed. I know sir Judas nay liked that much but he managed to stick to the rule quite well I have to say.

I ordered a march towards the moongate where we once again lined up to arm up, then we headed straight in for Yewish grounds. Not knowing what would await us on the other side, I decided nay ter let the scouts in first, that would spoil any suprise that would be waiting fer us. Hmmmpf. Since I before knew where the house was located we could sneak quietly through the forest without being seen, or atleast thats what I believe, I doubt any watcher saw us. But I could be wrong of course. We marched all the way down to the road which leads to the crossroads, walked a lil bit more to a clearing where the house was located...

Arriving at the house I ordered another line up and this time decided who got what task, we needed some logs, we needed someone to decide where the main fire would be started and four to start the fire. Everyone got tasks to do and set out to get in position. We filled the first floor with logs, dry logs...and put even more logs on the upper floor. The building allready had enough wooden material within it though such as tables and chairs to catch the flames but why take chances eh? We made a bloody torch of that building! Even managed to get our hands on some barrels with the finest liquor! Those watchmen should lock their cofferts more often... Of course it was from Yew so why drink it? Lets put it to use! Har! And then it was time...

The fire started to take over the building and smoke was rising towards the sky. So far we met no resistance whatsoever...bah! I had hoped some guardsmen would have shown their faces so we could have burnt them alive in the house but oh well. Instead of taking the road home, we went to Stonekeep to tell them what just happened...Quickly we overmanned the yard in Stonekeep and showed superior strenght, but there weren't enough guardsmen to keep our interest up for a longer time, our task was done, we set back to Cove. Meeting resistance on the way back to the moongate several got knocked by guardsmen who never seemed to stop from coming...but thats another story... Dismissed!

/Rupert

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 01:20:58 am »

Gwahahahaha! Burned to a crisp! Fine display of yer abilities Rupert!

Gregor Eason
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 01:53:17 am »

Well executed, Ridir.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Rupert
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 11:11:28 pm »

19th December 19:00 GMT The Great Raid went off

Attending Guardsmen:
Rupert Ridir (leading)
Joey Lanai
James
Kal ShadowHand
Constantius
Drachir
Vince Valentine

Our goal was the following
* Lead a hunt in the lands of Ilshenar. Where you go is up to you, but you shall collect no less then 30.000 coins  to fund our struggling Union

Once I saw the task at first it gave me the impression that it would take alot of time and effort ter carry the gold home ter Cove. But with carefully planned briefing where I briefed all the attending guardsmen of the space they would need in their bags, the carrying was about to go smoothly. Even though the start gathering of guardsmen went with the speed of a crawling turtle, we managed to exactly meet the requirements, which was to hunt with atleast 7 guardsmen. The debrief was soon over and we set out to form a line at the moongate and then headed into Ilshenar, Honesty shrine.

Arriving at the scene we took down several of the surrounding monsters, a good warmup I must say! Several imps, mongbats and gazers that we could train our weapons on for the short while we were there, when the whole group besides Joey who would come after us had collected themselves, I ordered a march that would eventually lead us through the jungle and up to the doorstep of the home of the giants!

Good time to practise formations! Even though if it was mostly the form formation...Huge titans and cyclops appeared out of no where! It seems we had stumbled upon a holy? temple they had built, I suppose. Ar! We did nay stand around ter look pretty! Arm up! Ready arms! Bash them to pieces! And thats what we did...

One after one the giants fell to us, the masters of Cove! Even if they happened to surround us countless of times and outnumber us in countless of groups we nay strayed from a fight. Sure some of us might have fallen once or twice but we fought them back to nothingness! And it would lead us to a certain victory! Nay one liked this place, too many mongbats on the mountains around watching us...so we were all set on getting the amount of gold needed then get out of here as fast as possible. Overall it went well, sometimes someone left the formations and sometimes the healing worked a bit slow, but it worked nevertheless. Normal giants and superior giants was struck down, looted and then left to rot!

We got the gold we needed and it was time to stop. I ordered a march out, a forced march to the moongate and then a little run back to our barracks where I would dump the gold in the cofferts...and to celebrate with ale and lasses!

The union be richer, Rupert reached his goal, the attending guardsmen one experience wiser...Everything perfect! Err Aye... Dismissed!

/Rupert
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 11:38:19 pm by Rupert » Logged

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 11:37:51 pm »

Good work Ridir! Keep at it!

Gregor Eason
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 11:41:22 pm »

Exemplary effort!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Rupert
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 12:54:32 am »

The last Trial, 26th December - 20.30 GMT approx

Attending Guardsmen:
Rupert Ridir (leading)
Vince Valentine
Erik Arkay

The assignment for this last trial was the following;

* With no other assistance then that of your fellow Grenadiers you shall venture deep into Destard and slay there an Ancient Wyrm.

On the barracks rooftop, in the duelling arena, I was facing Erik with my bowhand to see if I managed to train since the last time. Even though I didn't give any suprises of beating Erik in a single shot the evening was about to get better. I still need to work on my archery though. It was time to face the last of the Grenadier trials, along with Vince and Erik, venture down into destard and find the wyrm. Nay one mentioned it would be huge!

We went to Destard and lined up outside then went straight in without wasting any time on small talk. With our bows raised we closely moved togheter deeper and deeper in the dungeon, avoiding any possible mongbats inside. The faster we finished this wyrm, the faster I would be back to the tavern and me ale! I guess Erik and Vince felt the same since the entry went smooth and every little worm that got in our way happened to get crushed into pieces or stuck up against a wall by arrows.

Deep deep deep into Destard we went, nay afraid what was about to strike us from the next corner. We found the way quickly to the "tiny" wyrm and went down, everything went dark. I heard Vince make a grunt as he got knocked to the floor, Erik went back upstairs and I followed him. After we dragged Vince back up to his feet we went down again to see what caused this...and believe it or not. The tiny wyrm knew we were coming...

A fierce battle raged for a while down at the domains of the wyrm, now I know why its called the ancient wyrm and not the tiny, it was rather large compared to my feet. But we still had the advantage of numbers and bows over its breath of fire and magic. The few times we stepped too close to the foe, the wyrm kicked us down and threw us away like ants. But Grenadiers don't give up, we went on and on, circled the wyrm, healed eachother and carefully aimed arrows into the wyrms body.

The wyrm struggled to keep up with all the three of us, with a hard time deciding which one of us to kill first we managed to get a few killing blows on it that made it bleed heavily, its breath of fire grew weaker and barely touched us. Now when we gotten this poor creature down to a halt I could not help to feel sorry for it, the lack of lasses and ale it will feel once dead... But! A mission is a mission and it went down, nay as fast as a lass but still pretty fast I must say and it put up a good fight.

With celebration and cheers we decided to take down another one, its good practise for the future, and so we did. The second time we had to struggle less and tried out some of Eriks methods of staying alive, evading and striking better. Worked quite well! Many thanks to those who helped me through my trials. The hard work is about to begin... Dismissed!

/Rupert

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length