Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:16:08 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  When it rains.... (Part 2)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: When it rains.... (Part 2)  (Read 2729 times)
Salick Kaysen
Scout Recruit
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:57:47 am »

Three men entered the cell with a casual demeanour. They stood, arms crossed, armed with crossbows and blades. A fourth man entered behind them.

“Well, Mister Kaysen, I see you’re still alive. I for one am most impressed”

Salick didn’t stir, and Semis gestured to one of the guards, who proceeded to break two more of Salick’s ribs with his boot. Salick gasped suddenly with an intake of pain, burning through his lungs and onto the freshly broken bones.

“Come now, I can hardly trade banter with you if you’re feigning sleep.”

“Cant trade what you’ve none of, Semis.” Salick coughed, spitting a glob of blood to land at Semis’ shoes.

“Ah there’s that old Kaysen wit. How i've missed it.”

“Missed it? You’ve been here every day for three weeks. I’ve got the bruises to show for it.”

“Ah well, you took something…many things…that were most precious to me, Kaysen. Killing you, although very enjoyable, would then leave me back where I started. At least keeping you alive I can entertain myself thoroughly.”

Salick lay on the floor of the cell, watching Semis. His bow-arm had been broken and re-set, as had both his legs. His chest was more scar than flesh, and his face was a collection of bruises and scars, cuts both fresh and scabbed over.

“I’m sorry, did you want something?”

“Hah! Of course, of course. Straight to business, indeed. I’ve come to watch, of course. Jerod!”

A small masked man entered the room. He carried with him a large tool box, which he set out on the table next to Salick. Opening it he raised an eyebrow.

“What is it? Start already. He owes me more blood” Semis said impatiently

“Of course milord. I seem to have misplaced a small and large blade. Most strange. Maybe I left them with that guardsman lass down the hall. No matter.” Jerod said. Salick remained motionless, staring at Semis.

“What? No curses? Witty comebacks? You know I've got your girl down the hall, as you’ve no doubt heard of late. She screams much better than you do, she does it...what’s the word…willingly! Every scream Jerod here draws out of you is hours of work, disappointing and satisfying at the same time. But she…she has a set of lungs on her. Anyhow, enough talk. I don’t care in whom you’ve misplaced your blades Jerod. Begin.”

Jerod moved towards Salick, a cork-screw like implement at the ready.

“You know Jerod, you really should pay more attention to your blades and their uses.” Salick whispered quietly.
“Oh yes?” Jerod leaned closer to hear Salick's barely audible words.
“For example, do you know that a small blade broken in half in brickwork and bent makes a workable lock pick?”

Jerod eyes widened but for a moment, before Salick thrust forward a large knife, hidden under his ragged loincloth, and struck Jerod under the rib. The blade went directly into Jerod’s heart. Salick would have twisted the blade, but he needed it at the moment. Savagely withdrawing the blade from Jerod’s form, he threw the blade straight into the eye of one of the guards. The other two were coming to their senses and drawing their crossbows. Salick kicked at one of their legs, and as the man fell, grabbed his crossbow and shot the second. Semis simply screamed and cowered as Salick fled the room holding his broken ribs.

As soon as Salick was gone, the remaining guard stumbled to his feet to give chase. Semis lowered his arms from his face and held a hand out, stopping the guard. His whimpers quickly turned into a savage laughter.

"Dont bother going after him, he's injured and this place is locked down entirely. Gather the other guards and meet me by the whores cell."

"Yes sir! Right away." The guard hurried out of the room and headed off in the direction opposite to where Salick had fled.

Semis left the room slowly and followed the trail of blood that indicated the turns Salick had taken.

“Well now Mister Kaysen, there’s hope for you yet”

A fair fight? Thats just one where theres a 50/50 chance youll LOSE. Would you bet your life on the flip of a coin?
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:23:11 am »

(Such a good story Salick, Perhaps putting a copy of it in the Scribes Trove aswell? Hope to see you soon.

Mela)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length