Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:56:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trial: Ihiniar Tel'var
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Grenadier Trial: Ihiniar Tel'var  (Read 2748 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:31:38 am »

Greetings Watchman,

It seems the name Tel'var is well pricked at Military Command.

Or is it that certain squads are under strength... Hmmmm.

No matter, by Baronial decry here are your Grenadier trials.

Complete them along with your Watchman's promotional requirements (if you haven't already done so) and the bronze arms of the Grenadiers will be yours.

Good luck Inny Watchman.

Here are your trials.

Discipline

The Task

Men stand or fall depending on their discipline. If they heed orders they stand if they don't keep themselves or their equipment in good order they fall.

Lead a discipline based training drill. Make sure the men are fit with no slackers, check their uniform and weapons are in good repair and that your orders are followed to the letter. Hand out punishment to those who do not stand up to the test.

Also invite the Beseigers from our allies the Guardsman Militia to attend, they are often compared to the Baron's Own. Let's see how they match up.

Conditions

At least 4 other Grenadiers/aspiring Grenadiers/Beseigers must attend the event.
End the event with a free for all.
Post a full report including drawings in this thread.

Brotherhood

The Task

Gather as many of your fellow Grenadiers/aspiring Grenadiers as you can and head for the "Glenmore Hollow". Here you will face each of them in single combat to asses your progress and to help you bond with your future "Brothers".

Conditions

At least 3 other Grenadiers/aspiring Grenadiers of which 1 must be a full Grenadier are to attend.
This will be a stand up fight with no potions, petals or words of chivalric power.
Bandages will be limited to 15 each per duel.
Make sure you supply enough food and ale to go around for those who are not duelling and for a little bonding around the camp fire afterwards.

Ability To Fight

The Task

Lead a detachment of Covian troops to the Ice Caverns and cull the nasty beaties there. You will slay Arctic Ogre Lords, White Wyrms and Ice Fiends to keep their numbers down. If the bloody cheese-eaters that dwell there give you any trouble give them a good kicking too!

Conditions

At least 4 other guardsmen must accompany you on this mission.
Slay 4 Arctic Ogre Lords and 3 each Ice Fiends and White Wyrms.
Collect no less than 20,000 coins for the Grenadier fund - any surplus may be put in the coffers or distributed to those attending.

Loyalty

The Task

Our liege Baron Octiovus likes a drop of wine. You will head out on foot from Cove to visit the monks of Yew, it is said they brew a decent drop there. Once you have purchased  their finest bottle you will journey back to Cove again on foot.

Conditions

This task will be done alone and on foot. The use of portals and spells will sour the wine.
Report anything of note that may arise on your errand.

Once all these tasks are complete seek out the Baron to swear the Grenadier Oath. If his lordship is detained by matters of state you may swear the oath to me.

Good luck Tel'var! Go earn those arms!

*Signed and stamped with the Grenadier seal*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:32:21 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 11:47:26 pm »

Leading: Ihiniar Tel'var, Watchman.

Attending:
*Perrin, Watchman
*Raiden Morana, Gren Sarge.
*Marcus Tel'var, Watchman
*Dalamar, Regular Scout
*Mela Arkay, Scout Sarge.
*Garand, Junior Scout

Objective:-To travel to the ice caverns, and collect 20,000 gold, aswell as slaying; four artic ogre lords, three ice fiends, and three white wyrms.

We set out from the barracks, arriving by magical means, as it would take about a week to walk there. We stood outside the cavern, staring into the black and the cold. We stepped into the black, the cold hitting us, shivering to keep warm, we marched on, finding some spiders and rats, native to the caverns. We took them down swiftly, moving further in, until we stumbled across the artic ogre lord. We formed up, and it charged us, we met it with a wall of metal, knocking it down, and then taking the advantage, jumping on it, and preceeding to hack its head off.
The second, did not fall, we hacked and hacked at it's knees, until eventually, it knelt before us, it's arms still flailing desperately, we hacked at it's chest, before it finally lay dead before us. The final two went alot like the second one, but with the same ease, a grand display of unity if i may say so myself.

We then ventured around to the nest of the white wyrms where we found one, lurking in the shadows of the cavern, we charged it, forming around it, again hacking at it's legs, the archers aiming for it's head. With a few successive bolts to the head, the beast lay before us, blending in with the icey floor beneath our feet. As it died, it let out an almighty roar, calling forward it's friends, two came at us! We delt with the both swifty keeping them occupied at their feet, while the archers pierced their skulls. Grand team work!

Finally, we found the ice fiend lurking at the back of the cavern, we rushed it, catching it off guard. sending it flying in seconds. The second fiend, was more prepared, and put up more of a fight, but was delt with non the less, much like the third that came at us.

We gathered up the rest of the money we needed, and headed off home, where i dismissed the troops and put the hard earned cash in it's rightful place at the grenadier HQ.

*Signed*
Ihiniar Tel'var.

Rbl <3 Thf
Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 12:04:37 am »

Attending:
*Eve, Grenadier Corporal
*Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sarge.

Objective:-To take some grenadiers and aspiring grenadiers to the hollow in Glennmore, and have a 'bonding' session, including drinks, food, story telling, and fighting under strict rules.

We set off from the grenadier HQ, jogging to the hollow, where briefly briefed them of the plan of action. Which was to have a few duels, to learn our fighting styles more, and to only have a limited bandage supply, this would mean we would learn to fight with limited supplies, in a situation where the recruits forget supplies, and we have to dish ours out, and such.

Only fifteen bandages per person, per duel were allowed. Nothing else either, apart from armour and weapons, obviously.

The first fight was between Marcus and Eve, it was a close contested match, with Marcus eventually taking advantage of the small arena over the archer who dreams of bigger stages. Marcus then went on to fight Sergeant Morana, and was down rather quickly, it looked very painfull indeed! However, Marcus is a Tel'var and was quick to recover! It was no my turn to face the Sarge, it was a long battle, with me eventually loosing when i ran out of aids, Sargeant morana won with one aid remaining. Next up was Eve, against the Sarge! Again, with archers suffering in small arenas, the Sergeant won fairly comfortably. Sergeant Morana, won all of his matches. I then faced my cousin, and fellow aspiring grenadier, who i locked axes with, and eventually over powered. I then fought Eve, and with the disadvantage, I was easily able to take her legs from under her, as the arena was small.

So well done to Sergeant Morana for remaining undefeated. However I beat him later!

After the fighting, we sat around the little bag of food, and I enquired if the Sergeant had any stories to tell us. We all grabbed some drink and food, and glanced to him expectantly. He began to tell us about 'some lass from trinsic' but we were quick the spot the convosation would not remain clean, so he moved onto talk about his trials!

Gathering the blood from the golden blood elemental, apparently, which needed re-enforcements from cove, and took hours.
Also he told us of how himself and Erik Arkay went to the Ice Caverns and slew about twenty fiends, EACH!
He also talked about the armsmaster tournament he hoasted, and how he was beaten by the Tel'var in the semi finals, with a desasterous ending, with Hoagie winning.

He talked about the minoc liberation days, where him and vince, chased an entire company of Yewish off, to nearly Vesper!

He was thankfully interupted by the arrival of Rhonwen Llwyd, who is an asipring grenadier also. We thought we'd let her prove her metal, and fight us..turns out, shes quite bloody good. She beat Marcus, and gave me a scare, but i overcame the shock and won, eventually. She also had a lengthy fight with the Sarge, with the Sarge eventually winning also.

Overall, it was a very fun night!

*Signed*
Ihiniar Tel'var.

Rbl <3 Thf
Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 12:18:03 am »

Attending:
*Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sarge.
*Robert Tripps, Rookie Besieger
*Rhonwen Llwyd, Recruit.

Objective:-To lead some form of Drill, focused on discipline, and preparation.

After sending a pigeon off to Yew, i awaited the reply, i waited..and waited, looking up at the skies expectantly. Suddenly i hear a 'clunk...clink..clang'. I spin around to see a Besieger walking towards me, so he got the message then! Grand, i could begin!

I lined 'em all up on the Barracks roof, and inspected their armour! The recruit's armour was alittle worn, but fine non the less. The besiegers armour was impeckable. Marcus' and Raiden's armour was a little worn, but still acceptable! No punishments to dish out there!

So, after inspecting their armour, i told them to remove it, followed by three laps around our arena. No questions asked, they all set off! Splendid! After that, i had them doing a few press ups, then they were all warm and ready!

I checked their supplies, everyone apart from sergeant Morana had over three-hundred bandages, so needless to say, it was pay back time, and he was doing more laps! I then checked their bedrolls, and light sources, everyone having them, well done!

After the supply checking, i thought we'd end with a little game, and a free for all. The game i decided on was 'Bull-dog'. With Sargeant Morana volunteering to be the dog, the others lined up, and awaiting my 'RUN' command. I shouted out the command, and the Sarge went straight for the besieger, taking him down on his return journey. Then followed by the recruit, leaving Marcus the winner!

The last man standing, which i took part in also. Everyone stood still, 'Go' still echoing around the arena, the standoff had begun. Who was going to move first? It was the Sarge, heading straight for the Yewian again. I saw the Sarge as the biggest threat, and went after him too. He was the first to fall, followed by the recruit, then the besieger, leaving me and my cousin left, we began fighting, and soon enough i emerged the victor.

A grand training session, with hardly any punishments needed to be dished out!

*Signed*
Ihiniar Tel'var

Rbl <3 Thf
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 01:08:36 pm »

An impressive start to your trials Inny.

Just the Baron's errand to complete and then swearing the Grenadier oath.

Good stuff indeed!

High hopes fer ye bruddah *grins*

*signed*

[ooc]Nice reports mate Wink Also note to Army Admin - Rhonwen Llwyd deserves a mark for attending the Glenmore Hollow event.[/ooc]

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 04:43:20 pm »

The collecting of the wine!

I bumped into Sargeant Morana and he informed me of a highly important task set for me, by the Baron himself. I enquired to what the task was, and he told me i was to travel to Yew, by foot, and collect the Baron's wine. Bringing it back to Cove safely.

So i set out! On the road to altemere, passing altmere giving it the once over, then upto the crossroads, where i was greeted with the sight of a man on a horse, being chased by Brigands. I killed the brigands and enquired into the man's business. He said he was some noble, heading to meet the Baron of Vesper. I enquired as to why, and it turns out Vesper want some barges building for their canals, heh, what a waste. So i sent hi on his way, and carried on towards Yew!

Upon reaching the Yewish boarder, i was halted AGAIN by more brigands, i killed two of them, then the female, and apparent leader began to talk with me. She was rather cocky, saying 'Should i let you live?..' and such, but when i refused to get her two new henchmen she got violent, and attacked me, silly brigands should learn to wear some armour when attacking folk. After that, i took her coins and headed off into Yew, running past the Eastern Outpost, and Stonekeep, on my way to the winery, by Empath Abbey.

I arrived! Finally! I regained my breath outside, and then walked in. I was greeted with the smell of...you guessed it, wine. I spoke with the old monk there, and eventually he gave me a sample, and a keg of the Baron's wine. I then 'donated' the money to the monks, to help with the upkeep of the Abbey. I then set off back home and found the Sarge, and handed him the wine. Telling him my story of the journey.

*Signed* Ihiniar Tel'var

Rbl <3 Thf
Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 04:46:56 pm »

After completing my trials, i went with Sergeant Morana to the Grenadier HQ, so swear my Oath.

After the oath was sworne, he welcomed me with a firm handshake!

*Signed*
Ihiniar Tel'var

Rbl <3 Thf
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 06:25:01 pm »

HARRR!!!

See you at parade on Sunday lad!

*signed*

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 09:58:35 pm »

Trials completed in style and with swagger!  Well done Ihiniar.  Welcome to the Grenadiers!

*signed*
Eve, Grenadier Corporal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length