Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:30:39 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Seaborne Assault - The Orc Fort
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Seaborne Assault - The Orc Fort  (Read 2777 times)
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:36:35 pm »

Leading the Assault:
Grenadier Sergeant Raiden Morana

In Attendance:
Arma Renox, Commodore
Drachir, Regular Scout
Falconheart, Junior Guardsman
Marcus Tel'var, Watchman
Ulric Darkmoor, Guardsman Recruit
April, Guardsman Recruit

Our mission..? To attack the Orc Fort, from the Sea! Grenadier Sergeant Raiden Morana lead the assault, but our trustworthy Covian Commodore, Arma Renox aided Sergeant Morana in the seaborne attack. His help was much appreciated as the bunch of guardsman that showed up didn't look like much of a ship-sailing crew at all.
           How we managed to fit all of the guardsman onto that one small boat will trouble me 'till the grave, but yet we still managed it, and the ship finally departed from a little north of Cove Docks, as the docks seemed rather busy.

Past the Lighthouse, past the rocky mountains, we continued South. We all clung to the side, hoping not to get thrown overboard. This was especially true for Junior Falconheart, as he seemed to be petrified of the sea.

As we traveled South, the seas started to become more rough, and the Sergeant gave the order to ready ourselves for any dangerous creatures that may lurk in the depths of the ocean..

..The water started to bubble, and at that moment we all knew the Sergeant's call to ready ourselves was definitely a good one. Out of nowhere, it seemed, sprung two gigantic sea serpents of red scale. The group did a fine job in slaying the serpents, but soon after dealing the final blow to the red scaled serpents, we were flanked by two serpents of blue scale. Again the group did a fine job in battle. It was obvious that the squashed decks of the boat were an excellent place for cross-healing.

The rest of the journey was peaceful, thankfully, as we were all quite exhausted from the serpent-slaying. We finally reached the Orc Fort docks, we all knew that the exhaustion was just going to increase.
           Commodore Renox dropped Anchor, and let us all alight the ship. The battle started straight away! Two Orc Scouts came rushing towards us with flaming torches, screaming Avatar-knows-what at us. The first to jump off the boat took the Scouts down with ease, but more were to follow..
           ..We quickly formed around the Sergeant, and made our way to what seemed to be a huge blockade.
"Orcs? The knowledge of blockades? Surely not.." Exclaimed Sergeant Morana. The rest of us thought little of it, and smashed the blockade to bits. Once we were able to get through, we noticed a different kind of Orc waiting for us.
           After the Hunt was complete, Junior Falconheart told us that they were from a different tribe, something to with the face-paint apparently.
"They're still stupid Orcs!" I thought to myself, and continued to slice through the different kinds of Orc one by one.

We finally made it to the main entrance to the Orc Fort. However, another blockade stood in our path. Although we had to make our way back through the fort to get to the Commodore's boat, we decided to smash down the blockade anyway, out of spite. Once on the other side, we came upon the beast that is known as the Orc Brute. The skill of the group was top-knotch that eve, however, and the Brute went down hard. Once finishing with the Brute, we made our way back through the corpse-ridden Orc Fort.

We all jumped back onto the Commodore's ship happily, knowing that the journey back would be easy. Alas, no sooner had this thought entered our minds, the infamous sea creature that is the Krakken attacked our little boat. We fought hard, and one of our Recruits managed to get knocked in the process, but in all we came out on top! A sigh of relief could be heard from every mouth on that ship. (Apart from Falconheart who was still shaking with fear).

The Commodore, out of the kindness of his heart, took us in his boat 'right to our doorstep' as the Sergeant put it as we all jumped happily onto Covian soil. And that was the end of the hunt! And the Sergeant said we could keep the loot we had taken from the Orcs! A most excellent hunt indeed!

*signed* Drachir

Drachir, Regular Scout of the Covian Light Company.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 10:02:59 pm by Drachir » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:45:13 pm »

Grand report Drachir and well done all those who cleansed the orcs this eve!

"When I shout FORM, bloody FORM..." *coughs*

Compliments to our Commodore on his fine seamanship.

FOR COVE!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

[ooc]Many thanks to [Orcs] for showing up and giving us a pleasant surprise Wink... And letting us beat up on them some Grin[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09:27 pm »

[OOC: Just fun! We got you back a few hours later! ]

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:55:37 am »

*Raiden rubs his newly bathed, stitched and bandaged arm as he eyes the rough drawing scrawled on the board*

Bah!

*Mutters*

"Took the buggers long enough to bring me and Mela down. Outnumbered though we were we showed the stinkers how Covians can fight."

"Especially when the tavern is under threat!"

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 11:00:05 am »

Excellent report Drachir, yet ye spelled me name right at the top, then wrong all the way through!

Gyah. We showed 'em Orcs anyway!

Signed,
Arma Renox
Commodore

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 02:53:46 pm »

I was not damn shaking with fear for being on a boat! I was more erm sick *still has a green face*
I was mighty grateful being on dry land though once we reached the Orc fort *smirks*
But nevertheless twas a fine battle against the Orcs. To bad a shame I wasnt there when both of the Sarge's had to take on them!

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 10:03:45 pm »

[OOC: *edit* Your name is now spelt correctly, Arma! Sorry!]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length