Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:25:22 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Shire Safety Patrol Rota [Guardsman Duty!!!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shire Safety Patrol Rota [Guardsman Duty!!!]  (Read 7858 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 08:46:04 pm »

Orc Patrol

Attended by:
Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant (leading)
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsman
Jacob D'Stoke, Junior Guardsman
Marcus, Watchman
Brandy Arrowsnap, Watchman
Baraz, Guardsman Recruit

The orders were simple, stay close, heal well and unleash hell on these stinking orcs!

We ventured into the fort engaging the orcs as they attacked in disorder. It seems they may have been planning something big, we found sleeping quarters and masses of supplies, but a few clicks of Kas's fingers and a few Grenadier fire bombs soon turned them to ash.

The filthy orcs didn't like that though so they unleashed their brutes on us but we formed up and smashed them to the floor. We stormed the orc docks and encountered no resistance so we made a fighting withdrawl bashing and burning as we went.

One thing to note is that perhaps the orc wytches are gaining in power as at one point we were almost surrounded by green walls of ooze no doubt cast by their heathenous shaman!

The fort cleared and afire we returned to Cove!

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:06 pm »

Cleansing Cove of Deadites!

Guardsmen/women in attendance:-
~ Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
~ John, Regular
~ Dimman, Watchman
~ Eve, Officer Cadet (Led)

Civilians in attendance:-
~ Ileana
~ Lara

A short and small patrol was led to Cove's Graveyard, following orders received from Sergeant Morana, to clear the area of any deadite activity.  An elderly civilian called Ileana asked if she and her companion could join us, stating that they were skilled in the art of healing.  I saw no harm in allowing them to join us!  I knew Ileana to be a devout follower of the Avatar, and believed that she might be able to assist us in the cleansing of the crypt and releasing the undead from their torment.  We cleared the area with no initial problems, once inside the crypt, I asked and allowed Ileana the chance to cleanse the area.  All mana of strange hums and tones came from her mouth, we all watched intrigued!  Finally five minutes later she stood, grimly stating that her chanting had been unsuccessful.  Ileana appeared fatigued, so I instructed Sergeant Hoagie to ensure her safety as the rest of us went ahead to clear any remaining deadites! Later, screams could be heard coming from where we had left Ileana and Sergeant Hoagie.  Of course the screams were not from the Sergeant.  Ileana was lying motionless on the floor, whilst Hoagie finished off a lich!  Once we had established that Ileana was not hurt, we returned to the barracks. 

A small collection of gold had been collected for the coffers, the sum...4146gp

*signed*

Eve, Officer Cadet

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 09:55:00 pm »

Good work lass!

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 10:04:31 pm »

To the Vesperian Border and Crossroads

Led by: Zoie Hayden, Officer Cadet

Guardsmen in attendance:
- Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
- Eve, Officer Cadet
- Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsman
- Marcus, Watchman

I began to brief the guardsmen at the barracks when they all lined up, but a strange woman began hanging around so I decided to begin marching and fill the troops in about what we were doing later. I informed them about our mission as we walked, and soon we'd passed the graveyard. When we reached the closest ruins to the Vesperian border, we stopped to secure them.

Hoagie and Eve began to discuss the strange stone disc that was there and Sergeant Hoagie reckoned there'd be something under it. So I allowed Grenadier Officer Cadet Eve to set up some expolsives to see if we could move it. The blast was even and well placed, but the stone was unmoved and undamaged. As we still had a job to do, and these ruins were secure, I ordered that we move on, but made a note of the stone for future reference.

Just west of those ruins, we happened on another smaller ruin, but this one looked lived in. There were hides, body parts, and remnants of camp fires strewn all about. No sooner had we supposed that someone was living there, than a lone deadite popped out of a pile of hides and fired on us. His hastily shot arrow missed us completely, but I still ordered Eve to flush him out with some fire. As soon as she did, he fired on us again and ran off.
After we'd chased the deadite off, we cleaned up the ruins and secured them.

We then set off down the road toward the crossroads but came upon a camp of brigands and their ogre and troll pets. We easily dispatched all of them and scattered their camp. We continued on and arrived at the crossroads without any more incident. There was no activity there save for some cows, so we had the Watchman slaughter one of them and used it's meat to have a nice barbeque. We feasted then secured the area and made our way home.

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden, Officer Cadet

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:12:28 pm by Zoie Hayden » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 07:50:16 pm »

Good work guardsman, only to duties and the rota is complete.

Don't let Cove down!

*signed*

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 11:14:33 pm »

Saturday's Patrolling Duty - Late Night - Altmere Outpost!

I got the men lined up at the Barracks, and we set out to Altmere outpost. All was rather quiet until we reached the outpost, where two thugs thought it would be funny to try and take on the force of eight Covian Army men. They failed and fled the scene, after giving me a bit of a bash around the head.

I got the men to man the outpost for around five minutes as requested, then we headed a little further up the road to make sure that all was safe and clear. Our roads proved to be clear, so I turned the men around and walked them back towards Cove after passing back past Altmere again.

Raiden delighted us with a song on the way back, and it was thoroughly enjoyable. During our patrol, we collected over a thousand gold coins, which was placed on the coffers on our return.

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
userjosh5368
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 10:13:39 am »

*Demarian slowly makes his way, to the boards and pins a piece of parchment to it .*

Sorry for my lateness of the report sir .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:Sunday 15th July

Time:2100hrs

Objectives:

• Patrol the Altmere road to the western keep
  • Head to the swamp and deal with any threats

Guardsmen/Officer leading patrol:
Senior Grenadier Demarian Tel'var

Guardsmen/Officers Attending patrol:
Grenadier sergeant Raiden Morana
Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie Grayner
Junior Marine Desmond Krieger
Junior Dragoon Flina Trix
Watchman James Covium
Recruit Cadence Browe (left near the start)

What happened:

After havint to move back my patrol two hours I deemed it a piority, to get this done .
Assembling a willing and able unit, of Covian guardsmen we marched up to altmere on the road there we encountered an ogre, you can guess what happened he got taken down swiftly .

Heading further up the road we encountered some dead peasent's and a strange man wearing plate on his dead, fecking yeller i would have said "They kill everything and scream like little girls!", but it turned out! He's Officer cadet Hayden's husband "No wonder shes a Dragoon!" .

After this small commotion we headed north west along the road till we found two ogre corpses, Desmond Kindly pointed out he had slain them after, them looking like Dragoon's, here watchman Covium started to get a bit cheeky, wasn't soon before he got pummelled by the only actually female gypsy Dragoon .

Heading further up the road all seemed clear until we reached the swamp where, in the dark bog alot of movement stirred .
We Moved over the pea bog swamp, slowly and carefully i remember when i was a Merryman the about of trainee's we lost in the Yew bog *Snickers wickedly* Ah good old day they were!

Anyhow we ended up meeting a nice few beasties which were a putrid pink and blue colour when they were defeated Raiden got suck in there slimy corpse's and started to flail sending shower's of slime all over usright, we need a shower now eh?

So we ventured slightly further before encountering some nasty bugger bog monster thing, but as usual Covian superior fighting and formation beat it and yes Raiden got stuck under it, i had to burn him out with a Conflag *Mutters* .

I decided at this point we were all good to return home with a quick run in full armour to the Barrack's naturally I came first cause I'm 'hard and a Grenadier!, once the others arrived i debriefted them and then dismissed them to there duties .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Signed Neatly*

Demarian Tel'var
Senior Grenadier
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 11:55:28 am »

Indeed i had an unfortunate eve.

Slimed twice!

Trapped under a giant moving bog!

Snotted on by that damn pony Shetland!

Then when i tried to warm myself by the fire in the Goblin my kilt set alight!

Then Hoagie's bear rug went up in smoke! *shifty eyes*

And then I had to jump in the water trough to put myself out!

*mutters*

Anyway!

Excellent work guardsmen and women!

A full weeks rota complete - Huzzah!

FOR THE BARON!

*signed*

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 03:30:59 pm »

(OOC; Moved to correct thread)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length