Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:13:23 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Events Board
| | |-+  Old Events (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | | |-+  The Kaldorian Attack - Thursday 12/07/2018, 7.30pm GMT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Kaldorian Attack - Thursday 12/07/2018, 7.30pm GMT  (Read 1570 times)
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:30:57 am »

“KALDOR! THEY ARE COMING!!” Gregor fell out of his bed and crawled around looking for his armour.
“Daidéo? Ye alright?” Serj called to him from the other room.
“Kaldorians.. Ahem.. Yes. I’m fine, Serj.” Gregor shook his head. “Ye can go back to sleep.” Gregor sat down at this bedside desk and carefully lit a lantern. Grabbing a quill and piece of parchment, he began to scribble madly.

Battle Re-enactment: The Kaldorian Attack
A training exercise to prepare against darker times.

A combined force of Kaldorian soldiers and Samurai from the Kotodoma Clan assaulted the provinces of the Baronship the spring prior to the Kaldorian Line campaign. They firstly took Altmere, then the Covian Shire and finally sacked Cove itself.
Whilst the Green Enemy has not been seen or heard of for years, I propose a complete training exercise to prepare our soldiers for a Kaldorian assault. The Guardsmen Militia and other allies have been invited to partake, watch and advise.

When: Thursday 12/07/2018, 7.30pm GMT
Where: Guard Outpost, Altmere
Covian Army - Bring: Bandages, combat gear, food, water.
Citizenry – Bring: Carpentry tools, axes, medical supplies, food, water.

A – Initial Attack on Altmere Post
It began in Altmere..The Kaldorians and Samurai quickly marched on the northern province, attacking the guard-post there and wiping out our forward sentries.

The outpost that was taken.

B – Cutting Supplies, Covianshire
Then, the Shire (or ‘Covianshire’), was hit. The Enemy navigated around the Baronship Household. A complete assault on our Barracks would have been too costly. They hit our weak points first with the aiming of cutting our supply lines.

The supply line that was cut.

C – Breaching the Walls, Covetowne
Finally, Cove itself was besieged. The walls were breached; Kaldorians and Samurai ran amok in our fine town, massacring it.. pillaging it..

The Wall that was breached.

T’was a ruinous time for Cove..
BUT NEVER AGAIN.
We will be ready for them, when they return.

I hope to see you there!

Gregor Eason, Senior Guardsman
Kaldorian Line Veteran

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 07:21:52 am »

*pins to the top*

THIS IS TONIGHT AND NAY TO BE MISSED!!!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:36:31 pm »

The Kaldorian Attack - General Rules
* For each war game, 2 ‘Commanders’ will be appointed. He or she will then select a squad appropriately. These squads will not always be balanced.
* Normal wait time after being knocked out is abolished during the re-enactment. After being revived, re-enactors can engage immediately but must be healed by either;
- A Wandering Healer
- A Safety Instructor at a Healing Station
- An ally at a Healing Station
* Healing Stations cannot be entered by opposing squads.
* Portals cannot be made to/from the Healing Stations.
* Battles will commence on the hearing of BELLS and/or command from the Safety Instructor (BELLS will be heard if you are on the Bardic Tales Sound Project Discord channel, or on BoC Guildchat – as we have a number of guilds partaking if you are a Covian please call out to your squad when the battle has commenced).
* When capturing or raising flags, this is done by either putting down a 4 square cloth flag OR by dying (AS IN USING A DYE TUB. NOT BEING KILLED..) over the other squad’s flag in your squad's colours.
* If you are spectating, please allow the re-enactors wide berth and ensure you are quite clearly not Covian nor Kaldorian. I will be handing out some orange sashes to denote the fact ye’re neutral.

Game 1, Altmere: Capture the Flag.
Squads in favour of Kaldorians. The element of surprise!
- Kaldorian re-enactors must capture the Covian flag atop Altmere outpost, place their own and hold it for 2 minutes. Covian re-enactors must purely hold out.
- There will be 5 minutes to prepare once Safety Instructor advises so. The battle will be 10 minutes.
- 10 points will go to the VICTOR!

Game 2: Resources. 
Even Squads. The war is ON.
- Resources (in the form of 5 weighted bagballs) will be situated in the local area.
- These can be collected by squads and moved back to their designated Outpost.
- Squads can raid other Outposts and steal their resources, or they can focus on collecting and holding their resources.
- There will be 5 minutes to prepare once Safety Instructor advises so. The battle will be 10 minutes.
- 5 points will go to squads based on each resource (bagball) successfully claimed at the end of the battle.

Game 3: Capture the WALL
Squads in favour of Covians. Every Covian will hold the wall.
- There are 5 flag positions on the wall. For a squad to win, they must have their flag raised at the majority of positions (i.e. 3 or greater) when the battle ends.
- The Healing Hut will also be a neutral healing station in this instance.
- There will be 5 minutes to prepare once the Safety Instructor advises so. The battle will be 10 minutes.
- 10pts will go to the VICTOR!

These rules will be run-through again at the re-enactment before each game.
Good hunting!

Gregor Eason, Senior Guardsman
Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length