Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:58:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Great Balron Hunt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Great Balron Hunt  (Read 1688 times)
Sheriam Palmer
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2018, 09:32:34 pm »

In Attendance:
Hoagie, Commander and Leading
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal
Tiberius, Senior Guardsman
Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet
Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Raven, Regular Grenadier
Gimbly, Regular Grenadier
Sheriam Palmer, 'Trusted Chest Carrier' Watchman

Targets Destroyed:
One Paragon Balron
One Paragon Greater Dragon allegedly
One Chaos Shrine

Report:

We were stood around, deep in discussions regarding matters of Beards and Pandas, when Commander Hoagie showed up on Oats XI. The Commander set out our destination, a Balron at Chaos shrine, and suggested we use such renowned tactics as 'Ranged Combat' and 'Leaving the lowest rank behind'. I had no intention of being at the front of the line, especially when we have two Grenadiers at hand!

It was my first time visiting Chaos shrine, it was hot and there was larva everywhere. There were a few gargoyles we quickly cut down before we came right up to face a Golden Balron. The fighting was fierce, despite trying to stay out of its swing I took a nasty blow to the head and was sent flying. A  guardsmen got me back up on my feet though in time for us to run away, as the fight were going badly. We picked up our injured and regrouped, apparently the Balron had headed south, we did at least get a few good hits in!

In our second attempt the Balron came at us hard and fast, two of the veterans fell quickly and before long we were regrouping to heal up. For the third attempt we were ready though, it was my first time in a shield wall. We scouted out the area and found a good defensive position, lined up and the cadet was sent to lure the Balron into our trap. Lo, what a fight that was! I think everyone took a few knocks, I even saw Tiberius doing some 'Combat Rolling' which was unique to say the least.

The Balron took some beating but  the Avatar blessed our swords and Cove won the day! The slaying of this legendary demon is surely the start of a new phase in Cove's history, evils of this like shall soon learn that they are hunted by righteous men and women and they shall fear our battle cries!

After we had grabbed the chest we set out for more glory, what else did this evil land have to throw at us? We encounter some sort of Golden Dragon to the North West. We were not prepared however and retreated to the nearby valley. Commander Hoagie lost some of his kit so went back to where the Dragon was to pick it up, he told us to be ready. He took his time but when he returned apparently he had killed the Dragon! Two targets down today then, though it was rather a bit fast.

After the dragon we found ourselves at Chaos shrine itself. Apparently this is an evil place and Commander Hoagie bid I do not give it any respect. He quickly ordered the Grenadiers to blow up the shrine. Unfortunately given the heat, their aim was slightly off and some damage was caused to the nearby ankh. I will pray for the Grenadiers this evening as they fought with such Valor today, and they did not meant to disturb the ankh so.

As we ended the evening Guardsman Tiberius did seem a little distant, gazing for too long into the lava is never a good sign in my book. At one point I thought he was going to fall off the edge! He made it back with us to the Barracks however, where the loot was divvied up and Commander Hoagie thanked us for our attendance. It were a fine display by all guardsmen attending.  

Signed

Watchman Sheriam Palmer

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:10:56 pm »

An excellent report from an excellent Watchman.

I'd expect no less.
Good job lads.

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 07:45:59 am »

Aye! Good work men and damn fine report Watchman!

Keep up the good work, lass.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 08:17:44 am »

Grand report, Watchman!

And a grand show by all involved.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length