Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:41:13 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  A Primer On All Things Squirrel And Squirrelly In UO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Primer On All Things Squirrel And Squirrelly In UO  (Read 1598 times)
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:57:21 pm »

Soon to be coming to the Covian OOC Boards: A Primer On All Things Squirrel And Squirrelly In UO!

We'll take a look at the do's and don'ts of having a pet squirrel in UO, what kinds of squirrels there are, what they eat, and a whole bunch of other great info on squirrels! This message's purpose is to trick you in to buying a squirrel so be cool and fall for it so I won't be the only squirrel owner!  Yoda says: "Join the growing community you must."

Here's a teaser fact!

Fact #78 Subsection.B level Y: The squirrels favorite prey item is a well cooked "Hoagie". Squirrels love to nibble on this delicious food stuff and it's considered a delicacy to squirrels and ferrets alike as there is only one in current existence...

Stay Tuned to learn more about squirrels!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:56:41 pm by Delfer » Logged

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 02:35:35 pm »

I'll keep this thread open so long as there is going to eventually be a point attached to it.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:56:25 pm »

Squirrels: A Cross breed between raccoons and a small version of a monkey? Maybe...

For some odd reason UO is home to squirrels. In this game they come in two varieties: Orange(?...) and Albino. The Orange ones are easy to tame but spawn in the Labyrinth which as a lot of you might know, is very dangerous for you and any small rodent you may be smuggling out. There are many different strategies as to farming your squirrels and getting them out safely but I won't go over those. Usually you get a squirrel from a nice friendly tamer who will get you a squirrel for free(Say thank you!) rather than risking your life for one... Remember: A Good squirrel is a free squirrel.

Sadly squirrels of the albino kind aren't so cheap. They come as loot on Lady Melisande.  The item is known as "An albino squirrel imprisoned in a crystal". Double clicking these white crystal will summon an albino squirrel that will instantly bond to you. They sell for around 180-250k From what I've seen. If you REALLY want an albino then go for it but it is kinda pricey for a little white rodent. The two squirrels are pretty much the same but the albino is pure white. They both have the same stats and like Fruits and Vegetables and they are both just as squirrelly.

Honestly, having a squirrel can be fun and it's great for breaking the ice and lightening up the mood. Imagine you and your friends just came back from Fel or Doom looking to score some great stuff but got got "pwnd bi l33t r0xx0rz". You could whip out a squirrel and it would completely change the mood. Even just walking around town with a squirrel turns head. I've had a lot of people ask about my squirrels.
And then of course there's A LOT of squirrel jokes and puns out there. Even rare "Double puns" can be achieved with squirrels!
--------------------------------------------------------
There's just a few squirrel facts out there if anyone ever wants to consider getting a squirrelly pet in UO. It's not for everyone though and I'm okay with that. If anyone does ever want to get a squirrel for one of your characters then I hope this helped and if you want to know more or if I made a mistake Contact me and I'll get back to you.

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:06:02 am »

Its just a shame squirrels don't make noises like ferrets. Dook Dook!

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:31:34 pm »

Hahahaha
I have a ferret too Btw they look like wacky-waving inflatable arm tube men

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »