Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:19:59 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Lineup drilling! - Lead and written by Watchman Maldraedior.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lineup drilling! - Lead and written by Watchman Maldraedior.  (Read 1301 times)
Maldraedior
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 08:03:07 pm »

Basic lineup drilling.

Lead by Watchman Maldraedior.

Guardsman in attendance :

- Watchman Celuvian Haap.
- Watchman Perrin
- Recruit Mercy

Audience :

Commoner Jessica Hawkins.

After seeing a lot of slacking in our lineups lately - I decided that it was time to do a little practice and drilling on it. But before we could start - we needed absolute concentration and focus .. Miss Jessica Hawkins seemed to struggle for attention at first, but went silent once we started.

The topics during the drilling was :

1* How to greet an officer outside the lineup and how do you answer an officer when you are in the lineup.

The young recruit Mercy had the honor of answering,

"You salute the officer and address them as Sir or ma'am, sir." Sounded her answer. Which is correct.

How do you answer an officer in a lineup was a bit more tricky, but after sharing their thoughts, the conclusion was drawn..

"We are not high-strung bards or tavern wenches, so you always answer an officer with a firm voice"
 Good day, guardsmen! Is always answered with Good day, sir or ma'am! Not good day, not Good day sir or ma''am - but Good day, sir/ma'am!.

2* How to behave in a lineup.

This topic was answered well by Watchman Haap.

"You stand to attention and follow orders!" I could not have said it better myself.
- In a lineup you stand to attention, keeping your teeth together and speak when spoken to!

If you want attention or got something to share with the others, you raise your hand and wait for the Commanding officer to grant you permission to speak.

3* "Reward" for slacking and sleeping.

As a third topic - I told them about what could happend if they were slacking or sleeping in lineups..
Of course, this varies from person to person - but the usual punishment is a few laps around the Barracks, push ups or log-chopping. Of course, as Sir Dalamar showed some days ago, he whipped recruit Kahn for being undisciplined.

So the hints for this topic was .. "You do NOT sleep in lineups! You do NOT sleep in lineups! You do NOT sleep in lineups!"

4* Checking if anything had sunken into their heads.

Fourth happening during the drill was to check if they were paying attention and if anything I had said had sunken into their heads.

Here I turned and moved into different locations and called for a Lineup, to check how fast they were and if they were paying attention ... it went fairly well I must say. *grins*

5* As a finisher, all Attending guardsmen had to run 3 laps around the Barracks, before getting dismissed.

Jessica Hawkins
Citizen of Cove
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 06:30:06 pm »

*Gasps*

Me wanting attention?
I do indeed feel insulted. *Sighs*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length