Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:25:48 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trials: Raiden Morana
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trials: Raiden Morana  (Read 3272 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2005, 08:19:44 pm »

Erik walks into the barracks and motions Raiden to follow him.

Ye've been doin' exceptional work Raiden! Truly remarkable. But now I hear ye want to join the Baron's Own. Only the best of the best are allowed that honor. Ye'll need to prove your worth to him!

Complete the followin' trials and you shall!

- A Grenadier is a fierce warrior indeed. Recognized by all his peers. Lead a hunt and capture a golden blood vial of the Elemental. You shall ofcourse return with 20.000 coins to add to the Baron's wealth.
- A Grenadier is a leader of men and inspires discipline! To show that you have mastered your discipline and can instil it in others you shall hold the Armsmaster Tournament!
- A Grenadier values his brothers above any other. You shall therefor lead a hunt to the very depths of the Ice Dungeon  with only your fellow Grenadiers there. You shall there slay a hideous Ice Fiend with your comrades.

Now go earn those arms!

p.s. Everything must be documented in this thread
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:36:07 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 10:15:26 am »

*Battered and bruised Raiden pens his report*

Fer the first task of meh trials I was to collect a golden blood vial of the Elemental trophy and collect 20,000gp (this would be added from a subsequent hunt - read on).

The hardy fellows below joined meh on the expedition:

Raiden Morana, Junior Guardsman (Leading)
Erik Arkay, Grenadier Corporal
Drachir, Junior Scout
John Dell, Junior Guardsman
Henrich Beaufort, Guardsman Recruit
Fabien, Guardsman Recruit

We set of on our hunt and no sooner had we entered the vile dungeon where blood elementals dwell we was confronted by nasty beastie indeed!

'Twas a tough start to the expedition but we despatched it back to the abyss!

We made our way through the dungeon trying to find where 'em golden blood elementals was hidin'.

We battled many blood elementals without findin' any o' there evil golden cousins. Then when we did we were overrun by one after another o' the golden scum!

We were quickly up against as some inexperience and the fact that not all of our party were fully aware of how Corporal Arkay's excellent cunning plans worked, had our backs against the wall.

However the invauable know how of Corporal Arkay, Junior Guardsman John Dell and Junior Scout Drachir kept our band in the fight! (along with meh trusty katana *winks*)

Luckily re-reinforcements arrived, led by Scout Sergeant Valiro (accompanied by Watchman Hoagie and Recruit Vincent Redfield) and this turned the tide in our favour!

We was able to overcome 'em goldens and I was able to collect meh trophy!

As many of us were walkin' wounded we was unable to carry home much loot, although Drachir managed to capture a fine pair o' pants! (he is a damn fine scout *chuckles*) So this was to be completed on meh later task to the Ice Dungeon where I was also to face the dreaded Ice Fiends!

*signed awkwardly with wounded hand*

Raiden Morana, Junior Guardsman.

[OOC: It was a long hard nights action and my thanks to all who attended for persevering until we got the job done!]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 10:36:22 am »

*Raiden proudly pens his report of the mission to the Ice Dungeon*

Attended by:

Raiden Morana, Junior Guardsman (leading)
Erik Arkay, Grenadier Corporal

Along with having to do battle against and slay some Ice Fiends I also had to collect the 20,000gp fer the Baron which we was unable to take out the Blood Dungeon hunt earlier.

My pride a little pricked by the fact we was unable to get the loot out of the Blood Dungeon I grabbed the only available Grenadier, Corporal Arkay and we set off to the Ice Dungeon to complete meh task, further enhance the reputation of the mighty Grenadiers and also restore some of meh pride!

On entering the dungeon we quickly despatched a steady stream of frozen foes and were soon up to our waists in corspes.

We battled our way through a never ending stream of beasties until we were finally able to make our way downstairs into the lair of 'em Ice Fiends.

We slew one after another after another of the frozen buggers until I could no longer keep count!

Hopefully I showed Corporal Arkay that meh combat skills were worthy of a Grenadier!

When we could no longer carry more gold (well over 20,000) we made our way back to Cove for a well deserved drink in the tavern.

That is a fine pair o' pants Drachir! *Grins*

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 10:51:37 am »

Good reports Junior!

And my congratulations to those who aided in persuit of that Golden Bloodvial! We hung in there against all odds and percevered in the end!

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 08:37:48 pm »

*Raiden sits down to pen the Armsmaster report*

The latest Armsmaster tournement was contested by the following Guardsmen:

Gord Blackwell
Erik Arkay
Drachir
Don Vito
Raiden Morana
Hoagie
Vandor
Marie

It was another keenly contested event with Gord Blackwell, Don Vito, myself *coughs uncontrollaby* and Vandor going out in the first round.

Erik and Drachir battled out a fierce semi final. But it was the Grenadier Sergeant who triumphed over the Regular Scout. (Tha' result was nay in question if ye ask meh! *smirks day dreaming about broze arms*).

Another close semi final saw Hoagie eventually defeat the valiant Marie.

Drachir made up for the dissapointment of losing to Erik by claiming third place by defeating Marie in the play off.

It was left to Hoagie and Erik to do battle for the coveted title of Armsmaster!
It was a gruelling finale, swinging one way then the next but Hoagie finally overwhelmed Erik to become the latest Armsmaster Champion! Hurrah!

Some action from the tournement.

After congratulating all who attended and crowning Hoagie as the new Champoin I dismissed the men and set about this report!

Result

1st Hoagie
2nd Erik Arkay
3rd Drachir

*signed*

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 08:39:52 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 11:36:36 pm »

Great work Raiden!

You've earned those Bronze Arms well indeed! Glad to have you with us!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length