Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:28:58 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Church Report: Sanctifying the Sword of Honesty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Church Report: Sanctifying the Sword of Honesty  (Read 1035 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2007, 06:01:02 pm »

Where: Shrine of Honesty
When: Sunday 25th February

Led by: Father Reynard Destain, Bishop of Cove

Attended by:

Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Jack Sinist, Regular Guardsman
Odisius Brutus, Guardsman Recruit
Faden Wildheart, Watchman

Whilst outside the Church I encountered a Watchman who, alas, hath not fully accepted Avatar into his heart.  His lack of piety seems due to ignorance than maliciousness so I told him I would deliver unto him some tomes on Our Faith.  Some other Guardsmen happened by doing naught.  Knowing full well that the Guardian doth find work for such idle hands, I resolved to make use of these layabouts and at the same time display Avatar's Glory. 

With the unsanctified Sword of Honesty in my possession, which was recovered by Guardsmen some days earlier, I deemed this was the time to Sanctify it.  Using divine power entrusted through prayer, I transported us all to the Shrine of Honesty on the Dagger isle, a frozen wasteland.  Once at the shrine I informed the Guardsmen that the Mantra of Honesty was AHM, and that they must all intone it together to sanctify the Sword of Honesty.

This we did, and as we prayed to Avatar, intoning the Sacred Mantra, the shrine began to shimmer, the sword also!  Before mine eyes it glowed and when the shimmering stopped it shone!  The name "Honesty" now shone on the blade of the sword.  It was now Sanctified and thus safe from corruption.  Praise!

Our task complete, we returned to Cove.   We must now make every effort to unearth the remaining seven swords.

In Nomini Deus,

Father Reynard Destain
Bishop of Cove

The Bishop puts down his quill and suddenly frowns.  Where did he put that sword again?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length